Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tracks in the Upper Midwest are going to give it a go. Park Jefferson (SD) made National news saying originally they were putting on a Sprint and Modified event and open up to 700 fans. After meeting with SD Governor they have now changed to racing with no fans.

Mississippi Valley Speedway (WI) is trying to do an event I believe first weekend in May. Trying to allow fans but I don't think that is going to happen. $200 for race teams and that includes 10 tickets for driver and race team. All people must wear masks and stay in their pit area. Track using the regular pit area and regular parking lot to space teams out to park.

Most tracks I know barely make money on regular shows and many lose money on weekly shows if they offer Modifieds and/or Late Models. If a promoter leases the racetrack - it makes no sense to run an event. Promoters who own their own facility, I really am not sure how the financials work to make money under this format. Most tracks running an event are saying they are offering a full purse with the gate fee for drivers/teams covering that cost. Even with limited workers... you have to have track officials, wrecker drivers, ambulance crew, fire crew, scorers, etc. Not to mention the insurance to run an event, fuel to water and prep the track, electric. Not sure Pay-Per-View is going to cover all those costs and if this format is sustainable. I appreciate those track owners willing to give it a try.

If you are buying a pay-per-view for one of these events... PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE! Things likely will not run smoothly with limited officials and the distancing required by race teams in the pit area.

It will be good to have racing back - whatever that looks like. We just need to make sure driver, crew members and fans need to have patience and appreciate what all involved are attempting to do. Don't B I T C H on social media or Internet forums and appreciate you don't have to watch iRacing anymore to get your racing fix.

Respectfully,
    Rich Olson
    Minneapolis, MN

Doesn't seem like it's worth the time and money with the restrictions.

WoO has postponed thier show at Eldora for May 8-9th

All races for May have been postponed at Eldora.

The Governor of Illnois just extended his stay at home order though May 30th. I'm really not sure he realizes that there is more going on in the State then just Chicago. Just saying...

Illinois was already a mess and is now going to be even worse. Order should just been for Cook County (mainly Chicago).

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    The Governor of Illnois just extended his stay at home order though May 30th. I'm really not sure he realizes that there is more going on in the State then just Chicago. Just saying...
    Same way with a few other states...

We haven't seen any drop in cases or deaths in Iowa, so my guess is Gov Reynolds will keep the race tracks closed for all of May.

North Carolina won't be racing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    One thing that will help the tracks a bit is that they will be able to operate on race nights with fewer expenses. Limited or no concessions & fan related personnel. Obviously income isn't as high, but that side of the equation should have lower expenses. I also think due to the pent up demand, these PPV's will be supported much better than in normal times.
    Without fans buying tickets and concessions, how do you think there could be any profit?

100 car in the pits with 10 people per car is 1000 people …. 1000 x 25 = $ 25,000 at the gate …. ppv is $ 15 x 1000 paid viewers = $ 15,000 … Part of the ppv goes to the track ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

How much of that money is given back to the track is it a 50-50 split and also what about the races on Mav TV that the lucas oil series does live is there any money from those races that is given back to the track. What about the replays of the races that we all keep seeing any money generated from those get back to the track or is it all kept by the series

10 people is a lot to have in your pit area. I promise we won't.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I would support my local tracks selling t-shirts / hoodies & hats …. Might be cool to have one that says I survived the 2020 race pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Port Royal has suspended all racing plans for the season until further notice
    Lincoln speedway has also followed suit with Port Royal

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Lincoln speedway has also followed suit with Port Royal
    Can’t blame them. Better then getting bugged every week asking if they are racing. Plus this will probably allow them to change there schedules up a little bit

Bob Hubbard - all the tracks opening are having no where near 100 cars. Most are doing two or three classes of cars with 20 - 25 cars. Regardless, the pit passes are essentially going to pay for the purse for the evening as every track has announced they are paying a full purse.

So, with your pay-per-view model. How much do you think a track is making at the end of the day in your senerio? I am not belittling your post... I am asking a serious question. At the end of the night from pay-per-view, will the track be in the red or the black and by how much?

Respectfully,
    Rich Olson
    Minneapolis, MN

I'm not the promoter for any of the tracks … My guess is all tracks are hurting for funds now … I think this is a test to see how it goes … I know some tracks have been doing private testing for an income but likely need a lot more … The way I read/heard it was there is a separate entrιe fee for the car ? Im not sure how much of the money is paying back … Your prolly right the money from the ppv isn't going to be a lot …. I look at this like the major restaurant chains that are selling food for pickup only …. We have local steak houses selling packages of steaks at a discount price here … One I was at is sold out already today …

There's an entry fee per car. The percentage of each top 5 in the class are posted. There not paying out of gate money. They don't got a 100 fans in the stands at a normal race. There plan is to get them in the pits at a higher price to enter.

Check the expiration dates on those steak's Bob. Just sayin'