FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 23, 2020

Seibers Enjoys iRacing Success During Hiatus
Tops Lucas Oil eSports Event at Kokomo

CHAPEL HILL, Tenn. (04/23/20) – As the real-world racing hiatus continues due to the Coronovirus (COVID-19) pandemic, David Seibers has found his racing “fix” in virtual competition.

Seibers wheeled his (virtual) G.P.S. Motorsports No. 18 S.M.S. Plumbing/ Frisky Motorsports/ Black Diamond Race Car/ Custom Race Engine Super Late Model to a Lucas Oil eSports victory on Friday night at (virtual) Kokomo (Ind.) Speedway.

David did not transfer from Thursday’s "Open” race, which pits real-world racers not yet locked-in the following day’s event. Yet, when a locked-in driver declared he couldn’t compete due to work obligations on Friday, Seibers jumped at the opportunity.

In the 75-lap main event, Seibers broke into the Top 5 early and took part in a three-wide battle for the lead with polesitter Kaeden Cornell and Corey Gordon. Sliding ahead of Gordon on the top with less than five to-go, David Seibers soared to his first iRacing victory of the season over Cornell, Mike McKinney, Corey Gordon, and Nick Stroupe.

"My heart was pumping,” said an elated Seibers in (virtual) Victory Lane. "I was hoping to get a caution at the end and then me and Cornell got into that. I apologize for that, but it was a fun race.”

"It was hard. I had to work the gas and the brake (running the high line around Kokomo Speedway). Once you get in the wall, it sucks you into it and you have to turn off of it. This is a fun bullring. This is very exciting to be part of this. Hopefully we’ll get back to real racing soon.”

The Lucas Oil eSports league continues on Friday, April 24 at 8pm ET from the (virtual) Lanier National Speedway. The event will be broadcasted live on the Lucas Oil Facebook Page.

For more information on Lucas Oil eSports, please follow @LucasOilEsports on Twitter or email eSports@LucasOil.com.

David Seibers would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include G.P.S. Motorsports, S.M.S. Plumbing, Frisky Motorsports, Nunley’s Plumbing, Diamond Designs, CSB Consulting, Kidd Kove Farm, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on David Seibers, please visit www.DavidSeibers.com.