Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Eldora and Fairbury

Eldora has canceled all events in May and Fairbury is going to make a Facebook live announcement at 6:30 today, I bet they do the same as Eldora.
    Last edited by JayD; 04-23-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Illinois governor Pritzker has extended the stay at home order another 30 days today. UGH!.....

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Illinois governor Pritzker has extended the stay at home order another 30 days today. UGH!.....
    These governors are loving this unconstitutional power trip. They must be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    They have relaxed some of the restrictions, state parks and fishing areas will open, golf will also be permitted, greenhouses, nurseries and garden centers can also open.

If they are doing a news conference on tv with updates, shouldn't they be wearing protective masks? They're asking everyone else to. They aren't the only ones in those rooms doing the broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    They have relaxed some of the restrictions, state parks and fishing areas will open, golf will also be permitted, greenhouses, nurseries and garden centers can also open.
    Sounds like y’all got a Illini governor that needs to be used for bait since you can go fishing

Missouri is not Extending going to start opening up may 4th

Illinois used to be called the "Land of Lincoln" now it's "Land of taxation", Pritzker not gonna stop until he steals every nickel from us😕

And they wonder why people are moving out of states such as Illinois, New York and California

I dont understand the no fishing rule some states put in place.

I’m not saying we should pack the stands.....however..can these governors REALLY force you to stay closed and not race? I smell lawsuits, Maybe not so much for racetracks...but “non essential” deemed businesses. They are going broke. It’s not a game.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Missouri is not Extending going to start opening up may 4th
    I highly doubt that racetracks in Missouri will be allowed to open in the 1st phase. They might be in the 2nd phase, but that would be at least 2 weeks later.

Kevin Kovac (Dirt-on-Dirt) posted an excellent article on the challenges facing promoters who might be tempted to open up at this time.

illinois may have some good racing, but its gotta be the worst state to live in this side of california

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    illinois may have some good racing, but its gotta be the worst state to live in this side of california
    It is but, the good racing makes up for it. I'm an 1 1/2 hours from my house to just about any track in Illinois with most being less or right around an hour.

I don't understand why businesses don't all just open and let the people choose if they want to go out or not. The states can't pull every business license and arrest every patron. I will support any restaurant, small business, or racetrack that opens and the majority of people would also. We eventually have to take our freedoms back or we'll never get them back. This is all a political ploy.

Gear Head:

Political ploy for who and what reason ?

Gear_Head they want to prevent as many deaths as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I dont understand the no fishing rule some states put in place.
    I don't understand the no garden center/greenhouse rule. It's almost as if some of these governors have never had to grow their own food and don't know what it's like to rely on a garden to eat.

I mean if I didn't know better I would think they were from a rich family or had held jobs that involved sitting in air conditioning all day and calculating "billable hours."

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I don't understand why businesses don't all just open and let the people choose if they want to go out or not. The states can't pull every business license and arrest every patron. I will support any restaurant, small business, or racetrack that opens and the majority of people would also. We eventually have to take our freedoms back or we'll never get them back. This is all a political ploy.
    Totally with ya. But a hand full won’t get the job done. It’ll take us all. Power of the People!!!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST