Default Suave Talk Podcast Comment

I have been bored as he!! driving around for work and have been listening to podcasts to pass the time. I listened to the DoD Suave Talk podcast yesterday for a while and was thinking about what Tyler Erb said.

The jist of what he said was he didn't understand how washing your hands properly and cleaning up was a new concept for most people.

I won't comment on the surface of his comment, but my thoughts are on racetrack facilities in general. How many racetracks out there actually have truly adequate restroom facilities? Most have a wall full of urinals, a trough or something to that effect. Some don't have stalls, and most all I have visited don't have near enough hand wash sinks for every swinging pecker who drains the main vein to wash their hands.

How are tracks going to get enough of these facilities to really open up in the short term? Here in Iowa I'm thinking the ones that are good to go are Knoxville and Boone but other than that I would think they need to make improvements if they think they are opening up any time soon.

I love going to the dirt track, and I'm not saying I'm better than everyone, but let's be honest--there is a lot of white trash at the track that obviously don't wash their hands or anything else at home so there's no way they're going to wash their hands at the track.

I agree 100% that most tracks that I"ve been to have a bathroom facility that looks like something from a horror movie.

Good points. Having some large volume hand sanitizer dispensers would suffice and sometimes be better than washing your hands with rusty well water at the track.

Listening to those two is like watching the movie dumb and dumber.

I keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my car. I usually toss it in my pocket upon my entry to a track. I use it after I pee and after I eat.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

A little more food for thought:
    How many dirt tracks actually have hot water & paper towels in the restrooms?
    I’m not knocking Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap- but the men’s facility hasn’t changed since the track opened in 1974. That’s 46 years without any improvements!
    1 hand sink (usually no water available) no soap or paper towels. Things like this should be a focus for track owners to improve upon. Not every track can have restroom facilities like Eldora- but it’s 2020 & some tracks still just have port-a-johns. Apparently most health departments don’t do facility inspections?

We do a good bit of on site cooking at different venues( race tracks included) and we carry two round drink coolers with us to every event.....one we fill with cold water, one we boil water and fill it with hot water for hand washing....always have some antibacterial soap( usually dawn) and sanitizer close by.

The hot water cooler stays hot 8/10 hours depending on the coolers quality.....the ones we have are the gott brand.

It's like having hot and cold running water anywhere you go.....it's not practical for everyone and every fan at the track but it comes in handy a bunch when you need to keep your hands clean.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Most tracks has only got 1 or 2 restroom sinks to wash your hands but 9 times out of 10 all the paper towels is laying in the floor for people to step on or have to wade through them because they put out 4 rolls of brown towels and a 2 gallon waste basket to put them all in. In the middle of the summer by the time I get to a track restroom and the smell hits you square in the face I’d rather go out behind the parking lot or edge of the woods and p!ss so I don’t pass out from holding my breath from inhaling toxic s&!t fumes I’ve smelled some hog barns that was more pleasant than some track restrooms. Makes you wonder sometimes after going in a public restroom if some people treat their’s at home the way they do when they go out in public ?

One Man Gang

100% true on your above post. I guess we put up with it because we live dirt racing. But track operators should open their eyes to these issues if they want someone to fill our seats when us old folks are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    One Man Gang

100% true on your above post. I guess we put up with it because we live dirt racing. But track operators should open their eyes to these issues if they want someone to fill our seats when us old folks are gone.
    Yes sir sometimes you have to take the bad with the good but I swear after this virus deal has passed I won’t say a word about it as long as we can just get back to the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    I have been bored as he!! driving around for work and have been listening to podcasts to pass the time. I listened to the DoD Suave Talk podcast yesterday for a while and was thinking about what Tyler Erb said.

The jist of what he said was he didn't understand how washing your hands properly and cleaning up was a new concept for most people.

I won't comment on the surface of his comment, but my thoughts are on racetrack facilities in general. How many racetracks out there actually have truly adequate restroom facilities? Most have a wall full of urinals, a trough or something to that effect. Some don't have stalls, and most all I have visited don't have near enough hand wash sinks for every swinging pecker who drains the main vein to wash their hands.

How are tracks going to get enough of these facilities to really open up in the short term? Here in Iowa I'm thinking the ones that are good to go are Knoxville and Boone but other than that I would think they need to make improvements if they think they are opening up any time soon.
    You raise an excellent point. Most of them are upgraded outhouses.

Just a quick question... if tracks "can" open but are not allowed to have bathrooms open to the public, can they still operate? Just a general thought after reading through Governor Bill Lee in TN guidelines for opening back up the economy in TN. Some people think it's just going to be back to business as normal or the "who cares what the guidelines say, lets race. I just don't know if it's going to be that easy to open just yet... but I could be wrong.

PushinTheLimit

You bring up a good point about the bathrooms being open. All of Tennessee’s State Parks but 3 opened back up today- with the bathrooms raining closed.
    If race tracks opened without facilities & they sold beer- “Wow” I could see a lot of people watering the trees! 😀

Remaining closed

foxfire, I did see that about the State Parks... and that surprised me. But, they are most likely classified in a different group as racetracks. Maybe that's the difference? I'm no expert here, but I just don't see it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Good points. Having some large volume hand sanitizer dispensers would suffice and sometimes be better than washing your hands with rusty well water at the track.
    I can see the inbred guy wearing the wife beater Tshirt, running out the gate with the large volume hand sanitizer.

Then bottling it up in the parking lot and sellin it for 10 bucks a crack.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Just a quick question... if tracks "can" open but are not allowed to have bathrooms open to the public, can they still operate? Just a general thought after reading through Governor Bill Lee in TN guidelines for opening back up the economy in TN. Some people think it's just going to be back to business as normal or the "who cares what the guidelines say, lets race. I just don't know if it's going to be that easy to open just yet... but I could be wrong.
    In most states, if you serve food, you must supply restroom facilities. Not sure how it works with alcohol.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    In most states, if you serve food, you must supply restroom facilities. Not sure how it works with alcohol.
    Sounds legit. Don't want people just poppin' a squat all over in the wide open

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Sounds legit. Don't want people just poppin' a squat all over in the wide open
    Yeah this ain’t San Francisco!

Exactly!!!!