Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora Season 2020

Alright so here is just a guess. Not at all saying this will happen. I’m gonna predict that all the MAJOR events like Dream, World, Kings Royal will be ran WITHOUT fans but be available on ppv through Flo Racing.

Now the question would be for those of us that already purchased tickets and camping, will that be refunded?

Thoughts?
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

I don't think they could generate enough $$ to make it work.

There will be a lot of eyes on Southeast South Dakota this weekend and early next week when the money tally is complete. On Saturday April 25th Terry McCarl is promoting a winged sprint car and IMCA modified event at Park Jefferson Speedway in North Sioux City, SD. There will be no spectators in the stands but it is being sold as a PPV event on Speed Shift TV. Terry originally sold 700 tickets but after further conversations with the governor and county officials he backed off of allowing any spectators to attend. Terry is going to allow 32 cars in each division with a maximum of 4 people per car into the pit area. I understand that the Park Jefferson Speedway has room for 150 cars under normal circumstances.

Raceway Park in Jefferson, SD will race Sunday but not familiar with classes, etc. RP will also not allow spectators .

Gotta' believe that there will be a whole bunch of promoters and track owners looking at how these events go financially, with the folks that run Eldora being some of the most interested.

I'm not a huge fan of winged sprints but I'm going to purchase the Speed Shift PPV just to support Terry McCarl and his people who have more or less put their asses on the line to try to get the ball rolling.

CIRF I am buying it as well. Also ordered a t shirt from TMAC earlier this week as a show of support. Really hope it goes well & is at least turns a bit of profit for all involved. I really think Eldora & Knoxville could run as a tv show venue if needed. Of course they won't make as much $ as normal but may make enough to make it viable.

Both those places have a lot of the infrastructure in place for doing these broadcasts as they do them several times per year.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    CIRF I am buying it as well. Also ordered a t shirt from TMAC earlier this week as a show of support. Really hope it goes well & is at least turns a bit of profit for all involved. I really think Eldora & Knoxville could run as a tv show venue if needed. Of course they won't make as much $ as normal but may make enough to make it viable.

Both those places have a lot of the infrastructure in place for doing these broadcasts as they do them several times per year.
    crf, do you have a link to purchase a McCarl T-shirt. I could prolly find it but I'm lazy! LOL! Terry is just an average guy who loves racing and seems to be going out on a limb for the sake of the sport. I too, want to support that. I wonder if Terry had some event T-shirts made up prior to the decision being made to not to allow spectators. Wouldn't mind having one of those, as well.

I've read that Terry just wants to break even on the event. He'll also be heralded as the first to race in this deal and the carryover may be beneficial down the road if he continues to promote racing.

I wasn't aware of the frequency of broadcasts from both tracks when the world is normal.

I agree with you in regards to places like Big E and K-ville having the rep and clout to possibly turn a few bucks profit on some PPV only events. Just look at the audience this iRacing thing draws. Gotta' believe folks would spring for the real thing.

atty boy Dlmfan123

I hope terry, the track and speedshift are all successful with this event. If it is I hope not every track in the country thinks it will work for them, I could see that being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Thank you Dlmfan.

I think the Dream, World and all 3 nights could be on Mavtv or maybe foxsports 1 and and make money. If no fans can attend. Its really pathetic, The American people have rolled over and have acted like slaves thru this, They are padding numbers. Just open and run, do it at your own risk, We dont need the government to babysit us, We can skydive at our own risk, we can eat macdonalds everyday, Heck we can drive a racecar risking our life. If they cared so much about us, we wouldnt see chemtrails, Monsanto/Bayer would be out of business, they wouldnt fluoridate our water. Let this sink in, While all these fools wait and think the vaccine will save us. remember this, 96% of the people who die from the flu each year have had the flu vaccine that year. It has never proven to be effective. There is 1000's of mutations of the corona-virus, its impossible to guess what strains will be out.The only way we get our rights back is to take them. This has been way to easy for them.
    Last edited by play4kps; 04-26-2020 at 01:13 AM.

I don’t think fans will be allowed until there is a vaccine
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

There may never be a vaccine. Even flu vaccines aren't that effective because scientists just take a guess at the strain. But considering the mortality rate of the virus is less than the flu when the asymptomatic carriers are factored in a vaccine isn't completely necessary.

Worse yet, the new propaganda is to mix combine the dangers of the flu and covid 19. Dont people realize the flu vaccine is not effective at all. When you realize Pence, Surgeon General Adams, Fauci, Birx are all stooges from Eli Llilly thats all you need to know. Dont people read or do research, 96% of the people who die from flu complications had the vaccine the year of their death. 96%, STOP BUYING THE BS.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Worse yet, the new propaganda is to mix combine the dangers of the flu and covid 19. Dont people realize the flu vaccine is not effective at all. When you realize Pence, Surgeon General Adams, Fauci, Birx are all stooges from Eli Llilly thats all you need to know. Dont people read or do research, 96% of the people who die from flu complications had the vaccine the year of their death. 96%, STOP BUYING THE BS.
    The sheep buy everything they hear on the fake news because they're gullible and too lazy to research it themselves. The media is not trustworthy anymore!

Trust worthy media? That disappeared long ago.LOL!! Time for fans to be able to attend races. Enough of this. There is no solution anywhere near ready vaccine wise, so like the Chicken pox that was around for years, we seemed to survive that.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Trust worthy media? That disappeared long ago.LOL!! Time for fans to be able to attend races. Enough of this. There is no solution anywhere near ready vaccine wise, so like the Chicken pox that was around for years, we seemed to survive that.
    I think you mean smallpox........Chicken pox is still around lol.

No no, I meant Chicken pox. This is similar. BTW we now have a vaccine for Chickenpox. Both act a little bit alike too. Small Pox was really really deadly. This is no worse than strains of Flu. Problem seems to be how easily it can be passed around. Biggest issue seems to be over crowding Hospitals.

I’ve had flu shot yearly since 06, never had the flu since 05 so I trust it

So it doesnt matter if they even admit the flu vaccine is useless! You create you own reality. You confine the sick not the healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    So it doesnt matter if they even admit the flu vaccine is useless! You create you own reality. You confine the sick not the healthy.
    Were are you seeing 96% of Flu deaths received the vaccine? Not saying you're wrong, would just like to know. I know several people that get it yearly and do not get the flu. I never get the vaccine and have not had the flu since I was an infant (Knocking on Wood). At the same time though, my wife used to get it all the time until she became a nurse. Hospitals require their employees to get it.