Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Speed shift web site crashed

Was trying to order the race tonight but seems that the website crashed. Guess the whole live ppv streaming events isn't going to work either.

Same here!!!

It crashed because of all the traffic to the site at once.

Mines been going fine for over an hour. It took awhile to order and then to actually get the video.

I found it on youtube also
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    It crashed because of all the traffic to the site at once. Mines been going fine for over an hour. It took awhile to order and then to actually get the video.
    I didn’t get inside and even try logging on until 830est. logged right in purchased it and it came right up. Just in time for heats

Watch it on YouTube for free. They had a minor rain delay I believe

What was this? A live streamed event, where?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    What was this? A live streamed event, where?
    Jefferson park speedway. South Dakota. 410 sprints and IMCA mods. 410 feature was about to go green and it started raining. Cars are back on track now

Last nites race make the news because of no fans in attendance …..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tylMBTtyCiI

Good to see everyone wearing a mask for the tv news clip ……

Why are most news reporters such nerds lol. If jimbob had his on after they pushed off I bet he had it on all night.
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 04-26-2020 at 01:20 PM.

We had some trouble logging into SpeedShift but eventually got the job done.

It was great to see and hear real race cars getting after it on track and real racing engines screaming in anger even though it was on TV. We even wired the audio to be run through the stereo to make the sound as realistic as possible. I know it sounds hokey but we even grilled some hot dogs and drank iced down beer out of a cooler during the broadcast just for sh!t's and grins. Just a bit of race track realism in the family room can't hurt, right? LOL!

The last time we'd seen and heard real racing was at the Shamrock Classic inside the Southern Illinois Center at Du Quoin, Illinois all the way back on Saturday evening of March 7th. A week shy of 2 months that seems like a week shy of 2 years!

Sure hope Terry McCarl was able to break even on the event! Better yet maybe Terry pocketed a few bucks profit on the whole deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    We had some trouble logging into SpeedShift but eventually got the job done.

It was great to see and hear real race cars getting after it on track and real racing engines screaming in anger even though it was on TV. We even wired the audio to be run through the stereo to make the sound as realistic as possible. I know it sounds hokey but we even grilled some hot dogs and drank iced down beer out of a cooler during the broadcast just for sh!t's and grins. Just a bit of race track realism in the family room can't hurt, right? LOL!

The last time we'd seen and heard real racing was at the Shamrock Classic inside the Southern Illinois Center at Du Quoin, Illinois all the way back on Saturday evening of March 7th. A week shy of 2 months that seems like a week shy of 2 years!

Sure hope Terry McCarl was able to break even on the event! Better yet maybe Terry pocketed a few bucks profit on the whole deal.
    Sounds like you made a good evening out of it. I had other stuff going on and did not have a chance to watch it. Was it a good show?

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Sounds like you made a good evening out of it. I had other stuff going on and did not have a chance to watch it. Was it a good show?
    It was a good show, ff. Well worth the price of the PPV. Although we don't follow the winged cars all that closely there were some familiar names racing. Aaron Reutzel and Blake Hahn, who we got familiar with at The Chili Bowl this past Jan., Ian & Kerry Madsen and Channin Tankersley were also wing guys that we are familiar with. There were a couple of former wingless guys, Chad Boespflug & Hunter Schuerenburg who've made the move from USAC over to race the winged cars of late were there and naturally those were guys that we know.

I wasn't all that familiar with the guy that won the sprint A-main, Brock Zearfoss. Zearfoss, and the guys that ran 2nd through about 4th made it pretty wild toward the end.

Ricky Thornton Jr. won the modified A-main after starting 7th, I believe. Kenny Wallace was there but could only manage a 12th place finish. The guys that ran 2nd thru 4th in the modified A-main all started outside the top 10 which made for a pretty good mod show. Of course you only get to see what they let you see so we didn't get to watch much of those guys work their way thru the field.

"I wasn't all that familiar with the guy that won the sprint A-main, Brock Zearfoss. Zearfoss, and the guys that ran 2nd through about 4th made it pretty wild toward the end."

The pride of the Pa Posse....Brook cut his teeth running in Central Pa at Williams Grove, Lincoln and Port Royal Speedways and last year ran with Tony Stewart's All Stars....a rising young star in the 410 ranks.

Awesome show! Crazy how much money was added during show from fans and companies watching!

It was a good show, ff. Well worth the price of the PPV. Although we don't follow the winged cars all that closely there were some familiar names racing. Aaron Reutzel and Blake Hahn, who we got familiar with at The Chili Bowl this past Jan., Ian & Kerry Madsen and Channin Tankersley were also wing guys that we are familiar with. There were a couple of former wingless guys, Chad Boespflug & Hunter Schuerenburg who've made the move from USAC over to race the winged cars of late were there and naturally those were guys that we know.

I wasn't all that familiar with the guy that won the sprint A-main, Brock Zearfoss. Zearfoss, and the guys that ran 2nd through about 4th made it pretty wild toward the end.

Ricky Thornton Jr. won the modified A-main after starting 7th, I believe. Kenny Wallace was there but could only manage a 12th place finish. The guys that ran 2nd thru 4th in the modified A-main all started outside the top 10 which made for a pretty good mod show. Of course you only get to see what they let you see so we didn't get to watch much of those guys work their way thru the field.
    Thanks for the report!!

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    The pride of the Pa Posse....Brook cut his teeth running in Central Pa at Williams Grove, Lincoln and Port Royal Speedways and last year ran with Tony Stewart's All Stars....a rising young star in the 410 ranks.
    Thanks for bringing me up to speed, BTE.

My lack of knowledge regarding the winged cars is glaring but I sincerely meant no disrespect to the young man that won. I'm just not learned of the winged sprint car genre'.

I'd be curious to know how Terry went about deciding who was going to be racing and who wasn't. I read where there were going to be 32 cars in each division allowed into the pits.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed, BTE.

My lack of knowledge regarding the winged cars is glaring but I sincerely meant no disrespect to the young man that won. I'm just not learned of the winged sprint car genre'.

I'd be curious to know how Terry went about deciding who was going to be racing and who wasn't. I read where there were going to be 32 cars in each division allowed into the pits.
    My understanding is that it was the first 32 cars to enter for sprints. Modifieds were pretty much the same but I believe they saved a few spots for local track guys.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    My understanding is that it was the first 32 cars to enter for sprints. Modifieds were pretty much the same but I believe they saved a few spots for local track guys.
    Okay, thanks hd.

I reckon that is just about the only equitable way to do it without it being an outright invitational.