Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No Racing-Some Racing-What Is Ahead

Yesterday (Saturday April 26) was a interesting day. I was on a racing show yesterday that is focused on Alabama Drag Racing. During the course of the show it was revealed that Lassiter Mountain Dragway, a 1/8mi. strip I have actually announced at when George Howard ran it, was going to race.

They are going to have the very popular Southeastern Gasser Association come in for a May 9th event after being on the schedule waiting list for 5 years. They say it's a 100% go.

So right after being on the show, I called TST owner and my track boss Lynn Phillips to inquire about Talladega's status for practice and opening season dates. He said he is not doing anything until the Govenor of Bama gives the green light in whatever sequence. Ok then.

Then from sources it was said that Thunderhill and Duck River up in Tennessee were told to not open the gates for anything just yet.

Then I was told that Dixie Speedway in Georgia put the kaboosh to their show next week and that Senoia's Ray Cook show was in some kind of limbo status.

Geez louise this is some kind of crazy jibberish, yes, no, maybe, coulds shouda wouda, or?

I need a drink and it is only 10:15am here at the casa.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Duck River was gonna have practice Saturday - with no people in stands and pits you had to have gloves and masks on stay 6 ft apart with no one going to other peoples pits, and still was shut down ! as long a people have to wear a mask (muzzle) and stay 6 feet apart racing is a no go - People has just about had enough, and if we survive all this economy wise I bet the whole country will never be shut down again! Sick people that needed to see a Doctor other than rona could not - there gonna be many law suites, and fights before this is over !

Agreed.

LMM

Huntsville drag strip is promoting a big drag race for next weekend May 1st & 2nd...
    Thunderhill and Corinth both practiced yesterday with certain cars assigned time slots, so not to exceed 35% capacity

I can see racing coming back to certain states by sometime in June but will have to be done with strong social distancing. Tracks may have to reduce capacity by 50% and fans will need to stay 6 feet apart in the grandstands.

Mine and Uncle Teds answer!

Why do I have to stay home just because 𝘆𝗼𝘂 are scared? How about 𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay home....𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay in 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 house indefinitely, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 wear a mask, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 socially distance yourself from me, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid restaurants, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid baseball games, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay off the roads, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid malls and beaches and parks, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 believe the made up death numbers, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 believe the media hype, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 Get your toxic vaccine while avoiding vitamin C, sunshine and the things God gave us to actually heal,
    I'm done playing 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 dumb game. We are not “all in this together.” I'm not wearing 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 dumb tin foil hat anymore. I’m no longer going to be a prisoner of your fear. I'm no longer staying in my house or catering to 𝘆𝗼𝘂 because 𝘆𝗼𝘂 are scared. I'm not wearing a mask and I'm not staying 6 feet away from you anymore because I'm not afraid of you. You are not my enemy and if I get sick, it's not because of 𝘆𝗼𝘂, it's because of me and my system, which not only have I been addressing for quite some time, but I also know how to treat if I get sick.
    This virus (or whatever it is) is already circulating. Millions of people have already encountered it, as it's been circulating around the world probably since last September. You WILL have to confront this thing, if you haven’t already. There is no way around it, unless you lock yourself up in your house and it somehow doesn't manage to hop on some mail or some groceries that you ordered online.
    𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 fear is not an excuse to destroy America. 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 fear is not my fear and your fear does not have the right to interfere with my life, my job, my income or my future as a free American citizen. So if you're scared, you can just put your tin foil hat on, or even wrap foil all around your whole body - or around your whole house if you wish - but please keep your fear contained to your little corner of the world and don't contaminate me or my family or my Country. I copied & pasted this from Grey Havens' page it's perfect

Does anybody know if the world of outlaws at Livonia May 8th is still a go??

Speed51 just posted Cherokee $10,000 to win Saturday May 2. Speed51 ppv. They will have full details tomorrow.

Dirt King no Lavonia has been postponed

Alltech in Lake City is racing this Saturday!

Its nice to have a Republican governor!

Cherokee is racing as well but its closed to the fans and no its not nice to have a republican governor cause he is to chicken to open the state up

Tony Bokhoven 🎙
    @TonyBokhoven
    ·
    Apr 27
    Great News!! Many tracks in IA and MO opening in May without spectators. If your local track offers a PPV, support them by purchasing a subscription. Every little bit helps! One step closer!!!!

FYI-Tony is the track announcer at Knoxville, IA.

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Cherokee is racing as well but its closed to the fans and no its not nice to have a republican governor cause he is to chicken to open the state up
    They are pushing to open stuff a bit quicker than the FL governor wants to. They are going to have to make a decision soon on whether or not to keep allowing flight travel from South America.

Yea you go a point and I get wanting to be careful but its killing me I like to go and do and my hands being tied is frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Yea you go a point and I get wanting to be careful but its killing me I like to go and do and my hands being tied is frustrating
    Racin is ur horse going thru dt's also?😂😂

Yes it is and I am too lol

We are opening in may with spectators with recommended social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Alltech in Lake City is racing this Saturday!

Its nice to have a Republican governor!
    Tell that to Tennessee.

And Ted Nugent is a moron and has been his whole life. He pretended to crap his pants to get out of Vietnam now he wants to lecture folks about being scaredy cats.

People are scaredy cats. I guess during every cold, allergy, and flu season we're going to cower and hide and not leave our houses now. This is what China wanted and we're falling right into their trap. It's sad how people are such sheep nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    People are scaredy cats. I guess during every cold, allergy, and flu season we're going to cower and hide and not leave our houses now. This is what China wanted and we're falling right into their trap. It's sad how people are such sheep nowadays.

because everything you are saying is an original thought?
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.