Default Huge $5,000-to-win event set for May 9 at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55

PEVELY, Mo. (April 29) — Anxious St. Louis-area fans can get their dirt racing fix Saturday, May 9, at Federated Auto Parts Raceway with a three-division DIRTcar racing program, the delayed season opener at the high-banked, third-mile oval.

Officials plan strict measures amid the Covid-19 crisis to keep everyone safe for the event highlighted by a $5,000-to-win Super Late Model feature with live streaming video for FloRacing.com subscribers that will be produced by the DirtonDirt.com team. Modifieds and Pro Mods will also be on the card for the event co-promoted by Track Enterprises.

Race teams will be limited to 10 people per car while general admission tickets for spectators will be capped at 700. Social distancing practices are recommended in the grandstands and pit area with attendees encouraged to wear face masks and bring hand sanitizer.

Pits open at 3 p.m., grandstands open at 4 p.m. with hot laps scheduled for 6 p.m. and racing at 7.

General admission is $30 and a limited number of advance tickets will be available online Thursday at 2 p.m.; no tickets will be sold at the gate. For more information or to order tickets, visit federatedautopartsraceway.com or call (636) 479-3219. Visit FloRacing.com for subscription details.

I’ll be ready to buy tickets at 2:00 tomorrow

I hope the weather is good. Wouldn't it be a bitch if it gets rained out?

Wonder if they get some outlaws after Boone?

Boone is the following week.

oh sh!t you right

According to Facebook by both drivers Rusty Schlenk & Bobby Pierce will be at I-55. Pierce saying he might pull double duty and run his Modified.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

May get some Lucas boys on way to wheat land on tues and Wednesday?

700 general admission tickets gone, that didn’t take too long

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    May get some Lucas boys on way to wheat land on tues and Wednesday?
    I could see a couple guys maybe making a week out of it depending on who gets the invite to the woo show

A guy could race I-55, go to Wheatland and race two days then go to Boone Iowa. I’d say you’ll see a few do that.

That was my thinking as well. I think they have open practice on Monday at wheat land as well.

IT is time for people to be able to attend races. No one is twisting any arms, making people go.

TS sadly Kentucky has one of them power grab Governors!!! Gonna be hard to get Florence open with him calling the shots.

Looks like they may have to cap each division at 50 cars, that’s a good problem to have. Final details on Sunday per STL racing

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    IT is time for people to be able to attend races. No one is twisting any arms, making people go.
    Exactly...these governors need to be reminded that their ONLY job is to protect our Constitutional freedoms. And based on past history civilian uprisings have been the only way to get our freedoms back one the establishment tries to take them away from us.