Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WoO postpones more events

Lavonia, Cochran, Wayne County and Moler.

https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodel...-model-events/

I'm guessing Lucas will be doing the same soon.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 04-28-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Unfortunately, I really don't see them or LOLMS sanctioning any races until mid June at best. We can all wish they would start up again, but the the reality is it is not going to happen.

I don’t think we’ll even see the big Crown Jewels happening later in the summer at this point. That’s not what I want but with the way the things are going, it doesn’t look promising. No way that they take a chance of 10-25,000 people coming together for an event. Sad times.

Completely agree Pennsboro. It’s something people need to start thinking about. The way these states are opening up. No Crown Jewels through August is something very possible.

I imagine the bigger events will be no-spectator, PPV events for the time being. That would be the prudent thing to do, until we see if there is a 2nd wave once things are starting to re-open.

PPV money won’t cover the purses for these events by that time. The market for that will run dry by the summer.

Eldora could be the only track that might be able to pull that off. Even then I don’t think they’ll do it, JMO.

They'll realize that what Sweden did with herd immunity was brilliant and they will be begging us to go to sporting events. It's the only way to get past this. Even doctors in California are saying the same thing now. Staying locked up and social distanced is weakening our immune systems, which isn't safe.

I think most people consider this the right thing to do. I’m sticking with my original opinion. The World 100 will be the first Crown Jewel (with fans) of 2020. We were hoping for the North/South, but we’ve about given up on that.

If WoO is postponing but Boyd's is racing still I'm assuming obviously WoO doesn't want to race unless fans are there so how much longer could it go I guess is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    If WoO is postponing but Boyd's is racing still I'm assuming obviously WoO doesn't want to race unless fans are there so how much longer could it go I guess is the question.
    No fans, nobody to pay the purse.

If I had to pick one event to not be affected by this virus it would be the World Finals at Charlotte. It's just a really fun weekend. Racing is hit or miss, seen some really good ones and some snoozers but getting to see three series is cool. Throw in the other activities in the area, good places to eat.. just enjoy that event.

Woo just realeased that they are racing at Knoxville May 8th (sprints) and Boone (lms) with no fans

and late models may 15th at Boone

All tech posted yesterday they are planning to race Saturday. That's been their goal for a few weeks. But it didn't say they were racing without fans but stay tuned.

If the season gets cancelled all the way up to the World Finals, do they still crown a champion based on Florida and the couple real early races plus the finals? Or do they tack what we got onto, potentially the 2021 season that may happen?
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    If the season gets cancelled all the way up to the World Finals, do they still crown a champion based on Florida and the couple real early races plus the finals? Or do they tack what we got onto, potentially the 2021 season that may happen?
    I kinda asked the same thing in post #9. I know both series try not to schedule the bigger events against each other but if they keep postponing eventually both series might have to start scheduling against each other to get events in. Like the fire cracker for example while Lucas is running a 2 or 3 day stretch some where else. Or Lucas running Knoxville while WoO is running makeup events in the TN/GA/SC area to get events in.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 04-30-2020 at 02:33 AM.

I kinda asked the same thing in post #9. I know both series try not to schedule the bigger events against each other but if they keep postponing eventually both series might have to start scheduling against each other to get events in. Like the fire cracker for example while Lucas is running a 2 or 3 day stretch some where else. Or Lucas running Knoxville while WoO is running makeup events in the TN/GA/SC area to get events in.
    Since the whole season might be down the figurative crapper, it's tough to say. Maybe instead of scheduling against each other, they could have a 7 night "World Series" Lucas vs WoO, Invitation only Top 12 in each series Qualify then have a 50 lap feature. Run it live on MavTV. (since it's not my money) Unsure what tracks would serve as the home and away "ballparks" Charlotte is pretty far from Wheatland, Mo. Maybe FALS can be the "Home ballpark" for WRG cars and Wheatland for Lucas cars.

Night 7 have a 100 lapper for all the marbles. I don't know how you determine home field advantage or anything.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

That's cool Rocky......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If things can get going in June in some states there is still plenty of time to get in a lot of races. It will surely be a shorter schedule than a normal year, that can’t be avoided.
    They will and should schedule on top of each other this year. It sucks but they need to get more shows in. Sometimes a fan or racer may need to choose one or the other but generally they are far enough apart from each other than its an easy choice for the fans...
    Definitely better for everyone to have as many shows as possible this year than not...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Since the whole season might be down the figurative crapper, it's tough to say. Maybe instead of scheduling against each other, they could have a 7 night "World Series" Lucas vs WoO, Invitation only Top 12 in each series Qualify then have a 50 lap feature. Run it live on MavTV. (since it's not my money) Unsure what tracks would serve as the home and away "ballparks" Charlotte is pretty far from Wheatland, Mo. Maybe FALS can be the "Home ballpark" for WRG cars and Wheatland for Lucas cars.

Night 7 have a 100 lapper for all the marbles. I don't know how you determine home field advantage or anything.
    Forget FALS.
    There will not be any racing in Illinois in 2020. As much I hate to say this, I am being a realist. We have Pritzker as the governor. As long as there are cases in Chicago, he will keep the whole state locked up.