Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Buford Justice is awesome

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    that isn't getting him re-elected. lack of leadership in the time of a national crisis (where is our leader? inspecting a bunker? holding a rally? playing golf?) is going to cost him a second term.

once upon a time he held daily press briefings. his performance led to a dive in the polls and suddenly he disappears.

Where is the President?
    I won't abandon our President. He's fighting against people who don't have your interest in mind.
    The infiltration of bad actors in government and the judiciary, with the news media's help, are a formidable foe. I support President Trump and worry about our children's future if the other side regains power...….".Never give up, never never never" quote Winston Churchill
    Last edited by MUD MAESTRO; 07-02-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    Has ANYONE on here actually had Corona or know someone that does???
    I occasionally have Corona, but as far as Mexican beers, I much prefer Negra Modelo.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Klem likes to belabor the fact of how many are testing positive.

What never gets talked about is how many of those tested are negative......the percentages on that side of the equation are huge.

But why bother trying to get ALL the info out?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

A local just reported she went to our local testing site to get tested. She filled out the paperwork and then was informed they had run out of test kits and was told to come the next day.

The next day she received a letter in the mail that she had tested positive. I hear this is going on in several places!

How many of these testing sites are managed by liberals......hmmmmmm???

The way it's going, seems they could test a cucumber and the results would be positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Buford Justice is awesome

HeHe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I have another question. Who is the real idiot here? Hint, his face is hidden!!!

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I actually had it.

June 12 I started out the day waking up very early (2 AM) not feeling very well. I thought it was just because I ate my evening meal very late and I was getting some buyer's remorse. When I got ready for work I got sick and vomited. Again, I just chalked it up to what I ate late the night before.

Anyhow, the rest of that morning I was very tired - which I thought was due to getting up so early - and I had a headache. I took Excedrin and got rid of the headache and continued working in the afternoon. As the day went on I just felt like garbage and in the late afternoon I started to get chills. When I went home at 630, I was wearing a sweat shirt and had the heater on in my car (it was about 80 outside). I had taken a very hot shower and went directly to bed after taking Tylenol PM for a 102 fever.

The next morning the fever went down but I was still junk. I was able to eat and in the afternoon of June 13 I went to Urgent Care. They ran a bunch of tests along with a Covid test - fever still 101. Let me tell you, the stirring of the swab deep in the sinus cavity - yeah that's fun. But the test came back positive. So I came home and into the isolation of the bedroom for the next 14 days.

I was pretty lucky I guess. I had the fever for two days, that's it. I then had body aches for about three days and a little bit of a cough but nothing terrible. I've had worse hangovers. I kept my sense of taste and smell and no other symptoms got me down. My appetite was less so I lost a few pounds and that was a plus. The worst part for me was the boredom (lots of Internet, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon) and I snuck out for yard work toward the end of isolation.

I had no clue how I got it, or from whom. I would have felt terrible if I would have given it to someone else. My wife and kids also quarantined and they were fine. Anyone who was contacted by the health nurse from my community spread summary was fine too. I was being pretty careful about what I was doing prior to this but I wasn't masking. I did go to one race but it was at least two weeks before my symptoms so that was not the likely community spread. Now I guess it is highly unlikely I'll get it again and possibly my plasma is pretty $$ valuable. I received a release from isolation letter around June 26 or so and went back to work. I did feel a little more tired for the week after. Maybe the body took a shot and needed some recoup time.

Anyway, that's my story.

Glad to hear you're better......with the exception of the 14 day quarantine part, did it feel like most flu that you've had? Better , worse, same?

Reason I'm asking is my youngest started feeling crappy a couple weeks back.....100/101 fever, chest congestion,headache , cough etc.....she got tested and after a 3 day wait got her results as negative so she went to Dr to get treated for whatever it was and they told her that since her symptoms hadn't improved she needed to be tested again because it could have been a false negative......So she did and they gave her a zpack at the Dr.to get something working in case it wasn't covid ( because they surely thought it was)....second test also came back negative a couple days later and zpack did its job.

Everyone thinks everything they hear is gospel and that all these Drs., nurses and testers get it right every single time........they try , but they don't.......when they say false negative or false positive they just want to take another look because they aren't sure or someone didn't do the test correctly.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

How old Morgs153 ?
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

BBQ-

I've had the flu many times worse than what I experienced. I was lucky in that I had a mild case and no ill effects on my lungs.

Bob-

I'll be 57 next month.

I have a buddy who recently tested positive for it and he said it's hit him like a brick wall. He's in his mid 30s and for the most part is healthy. I think the only condition he has that warrants a higher risk is high blood pressure for which he takes meds for. Extremely fatigued with aches and pains similar to the flu. He says he hasn't had the flu since he was 5 or 6 so hard for him to do a straight up comparison.

My wife is an ICU nurse for a Children's hospital and they've had around 30 admissions with 2 deaths related to COVID-19. The two that died had pre-existing conditions that put them at MUCH higher risk. They've had 5 out of the rest that seemed to be completely healthy before but for whatever reason were hit very hard and were on ventilators for a spell. One of those will have permanent lung issues for the rest of their lives.

I hear Trump say the virus doesn't like hot weather …. Well that wasn't true …. Mid summer & shets hitting the fan …. So who remember the percentage rate they predicted for the usa ? I keep hearing now its less than 1 percent now …. Where does thos leave us on the sliding scale of how deadly it really is compared to the Big flue deaths they use to compare it too ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

all i remember is the " experts " predicting 2 million deaths in the US by fall , so trump must have done something right because were just over 120 k , we will never see 2 million , at least i hope and pray.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    all i remember is the " experts " predicting 2 million deaths in the US by fall , so trump must have done something right because were just over 120 k , we will never see 2 million , at least i hope and pray.....
    I forgot about all those predictions. You are so right.

I’m not totally trying to defend the experts by any means but doctors, hospital admins, and other healthcare professionals are tuned to always go towards the extreme bad side of scenarios. It’s because of malpractice lawsuits and malpractice insurance they spend their careers trying to avoid. Doctors will tell you the worst that can happen because no one’s going to sue when they heal and recover better than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I think that number includes the Democrats ,who pinned their hopes and dreams on Sleepy Demntia Joe, after the election! lol

It will be from heart attacks and stress, but the virus and Trump will get the blame!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    Has ANYONE on here actually had Corona or know someone that does???
    Clayton, Et al -

After being sick all this week, with 5 of 8 (pre-screening) COVID-19 symptoms, although no fever --- I went to the doctor yesterday. Upper respiratory infection is for sure, COVID-19 test is pending. I’ll let you know of the test results when I do. Weird part, doctor told me straight up the test could come back negative and I could still have a mild case that doesn’t or won’t show up on the test. I still say my daughter had is back in March, pre-testing era.

Lurker