FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 30, 2020

Kaeden Cornell Scores First WoO iRacing Victory at Eldora

WILLARD, Mo. (04/30/20) – On Tuesday, one night after coming so close in an iRacing Invitational race, Kaeden Cornell took advantage of a mistake by the late-race leaders to score his first World of Outlaws (WoO) Morton Buildings Late Model Series iRacing victory.

Piloting his (virtual) Hoover Motorsports No. 50 Dirt Draft/ Lucas Oil/ P&W Sales/ Etchberger Transportation/ Black Diamond Chassis Super Late Model, Cornell swiped the top spot away with just a pair of laps remaining for the win at (virtual) Eldora Speedway.

When asked about the winning move by CBS Sports host Dave Rieff in the post-race interview, Cornell excitedly replied, “I have no clue! I don’t know what it looked like, but it was chaos from my screen.”

Cornell was locked into the sixth-starting position for the 35-lap feature event. After a pair of wrecks in the opening 10 laps, Kaeden made a charge for the top spot following a lap 10 restart but nearly got turned around, dropping him outside the Top-10.

Slowly regaining his momentum and working his way into contention, Cornell took advantage of a late-race restart with three laps to go, sliding ahead of Mike McKinney for third on the high side. One lap late, Cornell took advantage of wrecking leaders Ashton Winger and Nick Stroupe to take the lead, and the eventual win.

With the epic comeback complete, Cornell was only beginning to soak-in what had happened on-track as he explained to Rieff and fellow announcers Kenny Wallace and Johnny Gibson in the post-race interview what was actually happening outside his house.

“I’m in Willard, Missouri, and we just went through a tornado warning! I was just praying the lights didn’t come off my dang house,” Cornell again said with excitement. “This is awesome! What a deal! I’m pumped!”

Thankful the strong storm didn’t damage his house, Cornell had only a brief, yet energetic explanation to Gibson of what was going through his mind on the final restart.

“Just full send, just gotta go,” he said. “I got wrecked earlier but I think it was just a racing deal, no one’s fault, really. But you just gotta get after it here, I love it. Up on the wheel, it was awesome!”

Next Tuesday, the World of Outlaws: eDirt Racing Shootout returns to CBS Sports Network from (virtual) Volusia Speedway Park in Florida. Additional information on these events can be found at www.WorldOfOutlaws.com.

Kaeden Cornell and Hoover Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Dirt Draft, Cloverleaf Auto Repair, Choate Farms, D.R. Racing, Lucas Oil Products, Hatfield Racing Engines, Oil & Octane Shop, TruForm Race Products, Simpson Race Products, Black Diamond Chassis, Etchberger Transportation, P&W Sales, Tegeler Wrecker & Crane, Midwest Sheet Metal, Swift Springs, Chris Claunch Photography, SuperMoon Graphics, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Kaeden Cornell, please visit www.KaedenCornell.com. You can also connect with Kaeden Cornell on Facebook @KedenCornellRacing, on Twitter @KaedenCornell, and on Instagram @k50c.