Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If I used a couple 250’s what height do they need to be?

Bottom has to be tall enough to not catch on the body of your shock. 10" probably ok. Other one, 6".
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    yep , i like the stacked 250,s the best because they will not deflect like a single 125 , also we ran good on a 80 lb swift single barrel or some call it a tornado spring .
    In what track condition or track type would you run an 80lb spring? I know there are allot more variables but if you can give me a "for instance" it would help me tremendously. Keep in mind I have an older mastersbilt.

Also a guy told me to run a 16". Is 14" more common? A 16" of the same spring rate should theoretically make my static ride height taller in the LR right?

Thanks yet again lol

Quote Originally Posted by rosco View Post
    In what track condition or track type would you run an 80lb spring? I know there are allot more variables but if you can give me a "for instance" it would help me tremendously. Keep in mind I have an older mastersbilt.

Also a guy told me to run a 16". Is 14" more common? A 16" of the same spring rate should theoretically make my static ride height taller in the LR right?

Thanks yet again lol
    You have to move your coilover nut for the taller spring.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

In what track condition or track type would you run an 80lb spring? I know there are allot more variables but if you can give me a "for instance" it would help me tremendously. Keep in mind I have an older mastersbilt. Also a guy told me to run a 16". Is 14" more common? A 16" of the same spring rate should theoretically make my static ride height taller in the LR right?Thanks yet again lol
    No it would not effect your ride height if set at the same load# or in traditional terms if you rescale and have the same amount of lr wedge or bite. It's the same rate just a tale spring. If you just swap it out without touching anything of course it will make it taller

Thanks yet again lol
    we run it mostly on a smooth slick track , i personally like the 16 inch swift spring , some refer to it as a tornado because of its shape , at 80# , it will not coil bind like others , but this set up is affected by the design of your chassis , if you cant get the travel on your right front , it probably will not help much , when we were running the older designed chassis like yours , we had the best luck on two 250,s stacked , if i were you , this is where i would start and begin to learn......

So a 10” 250 and a 6” 250?

Thanks all