Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyd's

It's 10:45 and super feature racing. I'm not sticking up for since just finally able to tune in but realllyyyy???

You come far enough north of the KY state and you'll see how real racing works fyi

Is McDowell still involved in doing the track prep?

No clue bit Cherokee just now rolling feature on track

Boyd’s is rough to watch lol

They practiced last night and this started as an 85 degree sunny day race. If you were expecting much I’m not sure why.

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    It's 10:45 and super feature racing. I'm not sticking up for since just finally able to tune in but realllyyyy???

You come far enough north of the KY state and you'll see how real racing works fyi
    I’ve seen a bad show in Wisconsin and some good ones in Mississippi. Illinois is Illinois most other places have their highs and lows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Just heard a baseball bat hit a garbage can...

Not going to say the track but one time years ago they watered the track after hotlaps too much. Then they couldn't get the moisture ran in. So they asked for cars to come out and help. Which put them way behind. And they had a curfew. Most everyone knew they weren't going to get an entire event in. After the heats and b mains the first feature came out ran 3 laps and all of a sudden the checkered flag comes out. Called it a complete event. Didn't make up any of the races still left to run and gave everyone show up points.

2 wrongs don’t make a right

I didn't think was that tough to watch at Boyd but I didn't see everything! I can state that feature was fair, definitely not horrible!

So far honest opinion I'm not impressed with bottom groove dominant Cherokee. All tracks have their own character and that's what makes them unique.

Boyd over and Cherokee still running

Advertised start: 4:30 pm

Checkered flag: 11:15 pm

Didn't Cherokee start at like 7 or 7:30?

Boyd was never advertising start 430. Hot laps practice yes maybe but not racing that I saw cause I contemplated the 8:15 drive. If left by 8am I'd been there at 4ish. Racing I saw later

Social media has become such a frigging joke

I went to Boyd's once probably 6-8 years ago and I remember it being a pretty decent show. That was just one night though. Last night's show was a little rough.
    I've posted this before but I'll drive four hours to Pevely, Missouri or further north before I'll go to any track in the south. Even the southern tracks that offer good racing have way too much qualifying and usually too much hot lapping.

Been to around 115 or so dirt tracks. I’ve criticized maybe a dozen or so. Good or bad, I call it like I see it. When you continue to support the tracks that screw you over, they have no reason to fix what’s broken.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    I went to Boyd's once probably 6-8 years ago and I remember it being a pretty decent show. That was just one night though. Last night's show was a little rough.
    I've posted this before but I'll drive four hours to Pevely, Missouri or further north before I'll go to any track in the south. Even the southern tracks that offer good racing have way too much qualifying and usually too much hot lapping.
    And a lot of these southern events have no heat races. That’s the worst part. The fastest cars qualify and then four hours later run the feature. That’s the only time they’re on the track.

Suffered through hours of the Boyd show on Race Monitor and got a couple of questions for those who "watched" it.

What's the format for the super lates there? With near 40 car only two heats or qualifiers how does everybody else get in, through time?

What happened to Tanner English with a few laps to go? Had a good consistent night and running 3rd with Michael Page behind him and all of a sudden he's way back, like 11th. With Page's reputation I'm wondering if he got dumped or roughed up. Never been to Boyd's or seen Page race so just curious.

With the length of that show I'm glad the beer booth was close, as in a few steps to my fridge. What a dragged out deal that was.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Suffered through hours of the Boyd show on Race Monitor and got a couple of questions for those who "watched" it.

What's the format for the super lates there? With near 40 car only two heats or qualifiers how does everybody else get in, through time?

What happened to Tanner English with a few laps to go? Had a good consistent night and running 3rd with Michael Page behind him and all of a sudden he's way back, like 11th. With Page's reputation I'm wondering if he got dumped or roughed up. Never been to Boyd's or seen Page race so just curious.

With the length of that show I'm glad the beer booth was close, as in a few steps to my fridge. What a dragged out deal that was.
    It looked like Page slipped by English on a restart. English was still running 4th a few laps later and it sounded like he broke.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post

They took the top 8 in qualifying from both groups and locked them into the feature. Those 16 guys didn't run heat races. The ones that didn't lock in, they ran 2 heat races and took 4 from each one for 24 car field