Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I-55 roll call

Wow what a great field of cars! It appears that the Bad Boys of Illnois will be there in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    Wow what a great field of cars! It appears that the Bad Boys of Illnois will be there in full force.
    Those Illinois boys are ready to race.

Matt Miller from Whitehouse Ohio, car owner is from Illinois.

Will Babb be debuting his Bloomy car?

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    Will Babb be debuting his Bloomy car?
    Nope, waiting on parts to finish it.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Did I miss team zero is a no show

Yep no 0 entrants

#13 Brayton Laster is my 17 year old son. We are going with our new Rayburn and a new engine. It should be fun. Wish us luck.

That's awesome.......y'all give em hell in the new ride...thanks for sharing that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman13 View Post
    #13 Brayton Laster is my 17 year old son. We are going with our new Rayburn and a new engine. It should be fun. Wish us luck.
    Good luck! Tough crowd out there!

Good Luck and give them he!!.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I think I counted about 30 guys I thought could win the race... kind of super strong summer national vibe
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Yes - schedules changed. Pevely WoO lates double header on 15th & 16th & sprint double header on 22nd & 23rd.

I think both are $6k on Friday & 10k on Saturday shows. Limited fan attendance will be allowed. WoO will be releasing details on that. I'm guessing it will be similar to this coming Saturday show. Limited tickets sold in advance.
    Thanks for the update!!

Good luck. It is a very racey track.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I think I counted about 30 guys I thought could win the race... kind of super strong summer national vibe
    Has the feel of a regional crown jewel. Great mix of midwestern drivers with 2-3 national drivers (Moran, Terbo, Bronson).

I wander if Matt Miller if driving a Gerstner Motorsports prepared car. They also own the 6K driven by Michael Kloos and they are out of Breese IL.

This type of event may be the only "crown jewel" type of shows we get this year. More of these pop up shows. Maybe they will expand as more states open & the attendance restrictions are eased somewhat. Don't see Eldora or any of the other biggies being able to run their normal purse structure with attendance caps.

Events like what Pevely is doing can work. 700 people at $30 is $21k. Thrown in another $30k for pits (150 cars X 6 people X $40 & rounded down to be conservative) brings in $51k to put on the show. I'm sure they have some sponsor $ for some of the purse. They should come out OK for the night.

Can't see a $30k plus type event happening tho as then the inflows can't generate enough to cover the outflows (minus a massive sponsor $ commitment).

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    This type of event may be the only "crown jewel" type of shows we get this year. More of these pop up shows. Maybe they will expand as more states open & the attendance restrictions are eased somewhat. Don't see Eldora or any of the other biggies being able to run their normal purse structure with attendance caps. Events like what Pevely is doing can work. 700 people at $30 is $21k. Thrown in another $30k for pits (150 cars X 6 people X $40 & rounded down to be conservative) brings in $51k to put on the show. I'm sure they have some sponsor $ for some of the purse. They should come out OK for the night. Can't see a $30k plus type event happening tho as then the inflows can't generate enough to cover the outflows (minus a massive sponsor $ commitment).
    I'm afraid you're correct on no crown jewels. I hate to say it but if major league baseball isn't putting fans in the stands, they aren't going to let 10k people gather at a dirt track anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'm afraid you're correct on no crown jewels. I hate to say it but if major league baseball isn't putting fans in the stands, they aren't going to let 10k people gather at a dirt track anytime soon.
    Gov. Pritzker of Illinois just announced that there would not be any sporting events until there is a vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Billy Moyer has somewhere in the mid teen feature wins at this place so he gets around this joint well to say the least.