Default Questions about crossing Cedar Lake off my bucket list.. please help!!

In August my brother and I will be making our first ever trip to Cedar Lake for the USA Nationals. Its one of the last 2 tracks on my HAVE TO bucket list.
    In looking at the website and pictures from social media, google, etc.. i still have some questions i was hoping someone who has been their prior can help with.

1.) Where is the best place to sit? Front stretch or back stretch? From pictures, it seems the back stretch reserved seating is the way to go.. but wanted to ask to make sure i wasnt missing something? when it wasnt sold out yet i was kind of leary of what i didnt know...

2.)The website is a little dated, and the ticket seating chart seems to be wrong. Are the seats on the back stretch that are down low (and have seat backing on them) the reserved seats?

3.) Do they sell beer at the track? is there a beer concession stand on each side of the track? i plan on having a 'couple' cold ones for sure...

4.) How is parking?.. is it a mess if it rains?... Thinking about renting a corvette to get around since my wife and kids arent coming, so this maybe my only chance to drive one for the weekend lol. with that said.. i need to make sure i dont destroy the thing over the weekend.

5.) How are the facilities, food, restrooms? i can obviously see from pictures it isnt like Charlotte or anything.. but thats not always a bad thing cause i like a track with a little character to it.

Thanks for any help guys!

The backstretch is the place to sit as it is up higher than the front stands, backstretch top 8 (?) rows are reserved, the rest is open but you gotta get there early to put a blanket down.They sell beer and quite reasonable, parking lot in the back by the arena starts to fill up about 2/3 in the afternoon for the 100 lapper. One of the best tracks around, so much action going on it gets crazy. Enjoy. Oh, food is good, restrooms are ok.
    Last edited by intel8; 05-03-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Back stretch is great, make sure you have sunglasses... sunset is a b#@$#

so do the reserved seats have backs on them? i cant find a pic of them anywhere if they do...

No backs on any seats, unless you reserve a top row spot as the suite boxes are above them.

ok. appreciate the info guys. i can buy my tickets now i think.

There is a virtual tour of Cedar Lake online, this is the front stretch, backstretch would not load. Basically its a late 60's/ 70's facility.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I drove up from Alabama a few years ago. I loved everything about cedar lake. But right before the main event, they farmed the track for 1 1/2 hrs. I thought it was unnecessary because the track was racy after the b-mains. Then the long, but very neat, driver introductions. Basically I’m saying Saturday night will be a long one, but worth it.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I don't think I would take a Corvette to the track unless you can get there real early. I usually get there late enough that I end up parking in the field across the road near the track entrance. The field can be rough enough that a low slung car might drag some parts on the ground. Most seats give a pretty good view of the track. They have a big screen that is really great when they do driver interviews.

No disrespect but question #3 brought a smile to my face... here in Wisconsin you can buy six packs with nipples attached.

I haven’t been to Cedar Lake for 35 years but it was a racy joint back then and still is from what I here. Should be a good show.

Enjoy your trip, eat a few cheese curds and have a cold Leinie for me.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

1. The large backstretch grandstands are a better view, BUT if the weather is warm you will be in the sun A LOT longer than those of us on the front stretch. We have always sat on the front stretch and like it.
    2. I believe they finished a seat upgrade and all seats EXCEPT the large backstretch grandstand have backrests
    3. Fully stocked adult beverages including mixed drinks.
    4. Don’t get a corvette. Parking is tight especially on Saturday. Be prepared to sit and wait to leave unless you goto the pits after and kill some time after and let the rush go down. Law enforcement usually helps but it’s a 2-lane county road and almost all traffic wants to go the same direction.
    5. Facilities are older, and tight. You need to be patient moving around and not wait til intermission to get food. It backs up. Food is worth the wait tho. The crowd is worth the event so this isn’t a deal breaker, the facility just doesn’t have a big footprint like other facilities. They have done bathroom upgrades recently and there are mini biffs to use as well.

I have sat in the front stretch and the back stretch and both are fine. The last few years I've done the back and like most would say, you'll have a sunset to deal with but not horrible.

Concession availability is the same on both sides but all the merchandise trailers are on the main side. So what - it is a short walk around the track and you'll enjoy it.

The food is very good track food and I usually always choose to eat there. Nothing exceptionally special or unique but it is all good and fair priced.

Like Krooser pointed out, you'll be in Wisconsin, there'll be something to drink. No worries there.

I've never been in a hurry to leave. I've always went for a walk in the pits and that seemed to let the traffic issue take care of itself. But I'll compliment the local law enforcement on their traffic management. They do a pretty good job with the issue.

There is always the track farming intermission while they wait for it to get dark. It is part of the deal so they can do their driver intros (which are cool- check out some youtube videos). So what, I've never thought of going to get home early and I live three hours away.

You'll enjoy yourself. You won't be a stranger. I've always wound up sitting around great people every time I've been there.

I’m going to against the majority here and say rent that corvette. I’ve been there 20 times and have only had to park in a mud pit once. Every year I park on the backstretch, in a completely paved parking lot. My vehicle doesn’t even hit dirt or grass even the times it’s rained. Show up a couple hours early and you’ll be fine. One of the few tracks with paved parking, I find also the last few years haven’t been as busy and I never have a issue finding a spot showing up around 5 for a race that starts at 7. They’ve finally stopped announcing that they had a record crowd about maybe 5 years ago, after making the announcement every previous year.
    Last edited by Thedoctor; 05-06-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Actually last year the Saturday crowd was a record crowd..

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    In August my brother and I will be making our first ever trip to Cedar Lake for the USA Nationals. Its one of the last 2 tracks on my HAVE TO bucket list.In looking at the website and pictures from social media, google, etc.. i still have some questions i was hoping someone who has been their prior can help with. 1.) Where is the best place to sit? Front stretch or back stretch? From pictures, it seems the back stretch reserved seating is the way to go.. but wanted to ask to make sure i wasnt missing something? when it wasnt sold out yet i was kind of leary of what i didnt know...2.)The website is a little dated, and the ticket seating chart seems to be wrong. Are the seats on the back stretch that are down low (and have seat backing on them) the reserved seats?3.) Do they sell beer at the track? is there a beer concession stand on each side of the track? i plan on having a 'couple' cold ones for sure...4.) How is parking?.. is it a mess if it rains?... Thinking about renting a corvette to get around since my wife and kids arent coming, so this maybe my only chance to drive one for the weekend lol. with that said.. i need to make sure i dont destroy the thing over the weekend.5.) How are the facilities, food, restrooms? i can obviously see from pictures it isnt like Charlotte or anything.. but thats not always a bad thing cause i like a track with a little character to it.Thanks for any help guys!
    Been to a lot of tracks all over the country. Cedar Lake is still my favourite place to go to. You’ll enjoy yourself!!

Daggum.. appreciate everyone's input, seriously. Ive wanted to attend for years..just never could align the stars. I'm honestly just as excited for the driver intros and the atmosphere as the race itself. I appreciate the whole experience. I've watched a few videos on youtube.

I went with the VIP tickets. More money, but hell I figured I'm in it for plane tickets and a 'vette, may as well go all in. Plus me and my lil bro can put away some food, so I'll probably make up for it. Lol

I'm honestly glad to hear the facilities arent modern. I appreciate that old school feel I grew up with. It's nice when places can accommodate 20k +, but aluminum and concrete everywhere kinda make it feel to commercialized.

I've also never been one to want to leave early. I usually don't like the races being over before 10pm.. I feel short changed when that happens. Hell I grew up attending @ clarksville speedway... if u ever left before midnight, you must have decided to not stay for the features. I will plan to let traffic thin out. Our plane doesnt leave till noon on sunday, so we in no rush to be anywhere. Appreciate that tip.

I didnt even think about the fact that it's in Wisconsin.. duh of course there would be beer..you got me Krooser lol.

1. Backstretch is the best place to sit, front is way too packed. lots of room out back

2. We reserve on back stretch and they do have a back rest on the lower bleachers (no backs on the upper bleachers AA)

3. Obviously (it's Wisconsin)

4. Rent the Vette & park out back on the Blacktop

5. Bathrooms are ok, food is excellent, 80+ late models between 2 classes & the racing is lights out, other than the facility it blows Charlotte out of the water

100 lap Driver intros are the cats a$$

My impression of Cedar Lake is that it is a facility with character. I like the old time race facility feel. The track is out in nowhere land among the pine forest. I am amused by the roundabouts or whatever they call the turns one has to take on the highways. The smaller asphalt roads are assigned by letters of the alphabet instead of numbers. A road may be a V and then you turn off to VV. As others have said the food is reasonably priced. They serve big buckets of popcorn that is quite tasty.