Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Larson

Default Kyle Larson

WoO has cleared Larson to race at Knoxville!! Both Larson and Kasey Kahne have said they will be there.

Good!!! This whole thing on the young man is ridiculous. Wish him the best

I wonder how his black spotter feels about it.....outraged most likely, smdh.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I've been a big Yung Muny fan since he raced his first USAC race. Anyone who has read and comprehended my posts for the past 10+ years has little doubt of that. He's a class kid with manners and dignity and can drive most any type of race car as well as anyone ever has and that puts him up in very rarefied air. With that said there should be no doubt as to my feelings about the kid. All that aside, he should have known better and absolutely not had the word he used in his vocabulary. Period. Not because the word he used was uttered in anger or racist but because he's a public figure that should have fully understood the consequences.

None of us, regardless of what we believe, make cultural rules but when you are a public figure you have to abide by them, fair or not.

As good as he is in a race car I totally understand that he's still human and we're all fallible but I don't feel all that bad for Kyle. He could say almost anything but what he said and gotten away with it. Bottom line is he's going to be 28 years old in a couple of months and he should have known better.

Great news.......who hasn't said, heard, or gotten "niggered" at a dirt track!

PC at its finest!

It's really hard to have a word out of your vocabulary when it's forced into it with such a mixed message of its meaning......clearly when used in hate and malice like the memories it evokes then the person saying it needs correcting, dealt with, and attitude adjusted.

Kyles use of the word is said hundreds of thousands of times a day in America as a "term of endearment"....anybody denying that is pure foolish.

And cirf.....yes, he should have known better because he's a rich white guy and rich white guys can't say that and still be rich.

Especially when they are making bank working for other rich white guys.

Dumb yes, life changing or even outrage worthy.....meh

if being in the public eye dictates the use of the N word , then why can snoop dog use it over and over and over and its just great.....there have also been several prominent black guys use the words " honky " , " cracker " and so forth in public and no outrage.....why is this??????????

Just saw he has listed his 2 NC homes for sale. Sounds like he knows where the future is not.

The real issue for Kyle losing his ride is simple. Sponsors run and hide the minute there is perceived controversy. Kyle made a foolish remark and his Nascar career is over. This is the stupid political correct world we live in. Chip would have scolded him but no way would he fire him, but for the sponsors. Chip had no choice.

Hope he kicks Macedo to the curb. Any word if KLR is fielding 2 cars friday?

Edit: NM, saw the list and Kyle will be in the 57 and the 2 was invited as well.
    Last edited by RiffRaf67; 05-06-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

I do not disagree with anything that has been said on this subject. Not a single word.

However, the unfortunate reality of the situation being faced by white people who are involved in high profile environments with national sponsors is such that the word that Larson used must not be a part of the vocabulary used by those who are in the employ of sponsors that are courting the sale of their products. It's just a fact that can be neither justified or ignored.

One thing is for certain, what we say here dam sure isn't going to minutely change the minds of the people who made the decision to give Yung Muny the heave ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's really hard to have a word out of your vocabulary when it's forced into it with such a mixed message of its meaning......clearly when used in hate and malice like the memories it evokes then the person saying it needs correcting, dealt with, and attitude adjusted.

Kyles use of the word is said hundreds of thousands of times a day in America as a "term of endearment"....anybody denying that is pure foolish.
    now thats crazy bbq ..................................i have used that term of endearment logic many times !!! you know we will be chastised for it by a few pc policemen on 4m !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    The real issue for Kyle losing his ride is simple. Sponsors run and hide the minute there is perceived controversy. Kyle made a foolish remark and his Nascar career is over. This is the stupid political correct world we live in. Chip would have scolded him but no way would he fire him, but for the sponsors. Chip had no choice.
    Sponsors run and hide the minute there is a chance people will stop buying their stuff. Can't really blame theme. I hate it, but they are in business to make a dollar, and they have to consider their brand when controversy is stirred.

i understand. The world we live in today

I bet Larson races in Nascar next season...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    now thats crazy bbq ..................................i have used that term of endearment logic many times !!! you know we will be chastised for it by a few pc policemen on 4m !!!!!!!
    " what's up ma brutha "

See the stupidity of it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I bet Larson races in Nascar next season...
    I would love to see him go over and do f1.....bring the trophy back across the pond.

That would create ridiculous buzz and exposure for the sport in the US.

Cool

" what's up ma brutha " See the stupidity of it all?
    WORD UP ! Word be up to my Moms ! ! I gots to be givin credit where credit be due ! All da credits I be accrrettin I be accridettin to yous !! ! I wants ya to know baby dat wherever yous go dat ya gots love from a Niggra by da names of Coolio ! ! ! ! !

I would love to see him go over and do f1.....bring the trophy back across the pond.

That would create ridiculous buzz and exposure for the sport in the US.
    I agree, BBQ, that would put a smile on a lot of race fans' faces, including mine. But, I must say, I personally would rather Larson jumped in an Indy Car for Andretti or Penske, win the Indy 500 and then commence to win the Indy Car Championship and thumb his nose at power boys' buddy Chip. He has the talent on both the ovals and the road/street courses to win the overall championship and all that would be the biggest thing to happen in Indy Car in decades and it would bring a whole bunch of dirt track and NASCAR fans to Indy Car!