Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kyle Larson

Tony Stewart would be the one to hire him & run both dirt sprints & Nascar ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Tony Stewart would be the one to hire him & run both dirt sprints & Nascar ...
    Bob, this is the most likely scenario if Larson is to get back into Cup racing and I hope you're right. But, even an uninformed bleacher jockey such as myself knows it won't happen if they can't get sponsors on board. No organization can put together a competitive team and car on a regular basis without outside financial backing. It remains to be seen as to whether the stigma will stay with Larson for the long haul. He's probably the most talented all around driver in the country today and he's quite popular, as well. Maybe all that is enough, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I agree, BBQ, that would put a smile on a lot of race fans' faces, including mine. But, I must say, I personally would rather Larson jumped in an Indy Car for Andretti or Penske, win the Indy 500 and then commence to win the Indy Car Championship and thumb his nose at power boys' buddy Chip. He has the talent on both the ovals and the road/street courses to win the overall championship and all that would be the biggest thing to happen in Indy Car in decades and it would bring a whole bunch of dirt track and NASCAR fans to Indy Car!
    I think he would easily fit in right away and then start winning a lot in Indy car.....f1 would be much harder for him to unseat the hamiltons of the world but wouldn't it be fun to watch him zip around Monaco on Memorial Day?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

stewart haas has the funds to fund him a ride without sponsors , i would love to see kyle in one of those stewart/haas fords.......

If sponsors could be had, Larson would easily be returned to Nascar. Stewart is a good candidate. Like, Chip, he would allow Larson to dirt race all he wants. But again, its about sponsors. Larson was and is one of my top favorite drivers and pairing with SHR would be GREAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    stewart haas has the funds to fund him a ride without sponsors , i would love to see kyle in one of those stewart/haas fords.......
    Stewart has power with sponsors. If he hires Larson, there would be at least some sponsorship connected. BTW I would like to see Chris Bell and Larson wind up with SHR. Probably won't happen, but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I think he would easily fit in right away and then start winning a lot in Indy car.....f1 would be much harder for him to unseat the hamiltons of the world but wouldn't it be fun to watch him zip around Monaco on Memorial Day?
    I would agree 100% on the Monaco statement, BBQ. But from a popularity standpoint Larson could be King of Indy Car. Who's going to be more popular? Simon Pagenaud? Joseph Newgarden? Graham Rahal? Ed Carpenter has been as popular as anyone over the past 10 years and he comes from a similar background as Larson.

Plus, from a purely selfish standpoint, we live less than 4 hours from 3 totally different Indy Car ovals-Indy, Gateway and Iowa X 2, and 2 very good Indy Car road courses-Indy infield and Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. If Larson was to make the jump we'd attend all of those events. As it is now we only do the Indy 500 and the 2 races in one weekend at Iowa. I think there are a segment of Larson's fans who feel much the same, especially dirt fans.
    Last edited by CIRF; 05-07-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Stewart has power with sponsors. If he hires Larson, there would be at least some sponsorship connected. BTW I would like to see Chris Bell and Larson wind up with SHR. Probably won't happen, but you never know
    Gee power boy, Larson & Bell don't really meet your criteria to be their fan, do they? I mean, neither are flaming, mannerless A holes!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I would agree 100% on the Monaco statement, BBQ. But from a popularity standpoint Larson could be King of Indy Car. Who's going to be more popular? Simon Pagenaud? Joseph Newgarden? Graham Rahal? Ed Carpenter has been as popular as anyone over the past 10 years and he comes from a similar background as Larson.

Plus, from a purely selfish standpoint, we live less than 4 hours from 3 totally different Indy Car ovals-Indy, Gateway and Iowa X 2, and 2 very good Indy Car road courses-Indy infield and Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. If Larson was to make the jump we'd attend all of those events. As it is now we only do the Indy 500 and the 2 races in one weekend at Iowa. I think there are a segment of Larson's fans who feel much the same, especially dirt fans.
    Being king of Indy would be cool....being a yank and being King of the racing world in f1 would be even cooler in my opinion.

Doubtful it would happen and I know I'm dreaming but it would be cool to see Kyle break out a Budweiser in victory lane instead of the normal pompous bottle of Moët white star those f1 guys spray all over each other.

Take care of you and yours cirf.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Couldn't agree more on all counts, BBQ.

Larson winning races in F1 would be the pinnacle of F*ck-off to NASCAR. It also would be exceedingly entertaining to have Larson's wife Katelyn shotgun a 16 oz. can of Budweiser during an F1 victory celebration like she did at the NASCAR awards banquet and when Kyle won The Chili Bowl! Katelyn is rather smart, comes from a prominent racing family, is quite hot and can shoot 16 oz. cans of beer. She's a keeper and Kyle Larson appears to have hit the marital lottery and is a lucky man in that department! LOL!

We're all doing well so far, BBQ. Thankfully my profession is such that it requires very little contact with people outside the immediate family and I'm working every day. The wife is off work due to the virus so her contact with others is very limited. Thankfully her unemployment is nearly equal to what she regularly takes home so we're getting along much the same as if this virus never happened except for the social isolation. Our usual month of May routine of attending Indy and all the peripheral racing events near Indy are gone but God willing we'll get back to that routine next year.

We wish nothing but safety and health for you and your loved one's, BBQ. Stay safe.