Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Democratic way of life make people depend on the handout
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

mccreadiefan39's post hit it exactly on the bullseye.

Our state (CA) has over 10% of the US population and to date just over 2,100 deaths known, granted a very small percentage and I personally don't know a one of them but if even one was a family member or friend, co worker or such it would be too much. We've done a pretty good job out here, considering political parties' squabbling as in all states. Fact is neither major party has had much to brag about in the last 20 or 30 years.

I've been in this racing thing for 60+ years, have 2 cars ready to go and had a very nice and varied schedule with several new tracks we were excited about and, at my age, probably not too many seasons left and it's looking like the 2 races we got in January and February may be it. Yet I will, if not with joy, kiss this season adios without too many tears if it gets our country healthy even one day sooner.

Pretty sure the death toll numbers are inflated some. Didn't someone die of a stroke or heart attack but had traces of Covid-19 so they ruled the death from that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Pretty sure the death toll numbers are inflated some. Didn't someone die of a stroke or heart attack but had traces of Covid-19 so they ruled the death from that.
    There's been several reports stating that some hospitals marked it down as covid death even if they just had a symptom of the virus. You could have cancer and get covid, then die and get marked as died from covid.

Not sure where Indiana stands on reopening, but if Illinois is shut down, would some promoter consider having races at a closed up track over there? I'm thinking about the track in Boswell, Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    When did America become so selfish? We are quickly heading towards 100,000 deaths in 2 months from Covid-19. I want racing back just as bad as any other person but to me life and death is more important than some summer nationals race in July in Illinois.
    It should be up to individuals how to handle their health. 99.95% of people survive the virus. Just like the flu. Everything we do has a risk element, that doesn't mean our freedoms and quality of life should be destroyed "to keep us safe". Open the tracks...if you want to go racing then great. If not, stay home.

Everything has been operating without a vaccine for aids/HIV either....
    Maybe....just maybe....the dumbest comment I've ever seen in my life.

Races are happening in California but not Tennessee or Mississippi. Those democratic governors in Tennessee and Mississippi are really screwing things up............wait......

if you want the deaths the media reports go here

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

if you want the actual covid deaths, which i still suspect are inflated, go here

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

When did America become so selfish? We are quickly heading towards 100,000 deaths in 2 months from Covid-19. I want racing back just as bad as any other person but to me life and death is more important than some summer nationals race in July in Illinois.
    We are gonna zoom past 100,000 deaths I believe.

I want to go racing in a big, big way. I'm not sure if packing the grandstands is the right way to do it though. We are gonna have to make some sacrifices for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    if you want the deaths the media reports go here

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

if you want the actual covid deaths, which i still suspect are inflated, go here

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
    All of those numbers are inflated. The CDC told hospitals to classify all Covid, flu, and pneumonia deaths as Covid deaths. The hospitals make more money that way. We'll never know how many Covid deaths there truly were, but you know it's less than the high numbers they're reporting to keep the unnecessary fear mongering going.

Everything has been operating without a vaccine for aids/HIV either....
    Nobody in the history of Earth has been accidentally butt ****ed, but a lot have been coughed or sneezed on/around. That’s a terrible comparison.

That being said, you can’t wait for a vaccine that may or may not come. You don’t get herd immunity by staying home. Ramp up testing/tracing, wash your hands, respect people’s space, and live your life.

I loathe how political this has become. If this were happening in 2018 as opposed to 2020 I’d imagine the stance taken by many would be different.

100% BK, Nailed it.

I agree with a lot of that BK.

And it was the worst comparison ever.

According to what I've found out their are some hospitals paying more money for their employees to record a death of natural causes as covid-19 to inflate the numbers up

I don't doubt that there are cases of hospitals putting out phony test results. I don't think it's widespread though.

According to this in 2017 the US had 7,708 deaths on average a day. 7708 x 60 is 462,480. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6826a5.htm
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

All about getting funding.

Freedom is such a selfish thing????

So the Florida beaches getting invaded has resulted in no deaths, you know CNN and the usual cohorts would be there making it 24/7 news if there one sick person.

Yes COVID is a little worse than a severe flu, but to most it is not. There are people that get infected that do not even get sick.