Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    We're talking about Covid-19......not HIV.
    The president put reopening guidelines on governor's and local authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/j...iddle-pandemic

This is a very interesting read, for those who have the time to read.

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/j...iddle-pandemic

The flu spread from Hong Kong to the United States, arriving December 1968 and peaking a year later. It ultimately killed 100,000 people in the U.S., mostly over the age of 65
    That's terrible. Covid-19 is gonna kill that many in 1/3 the time if not less. No telling how many it'd be if we hadn't practiced social distancing.
    And if you are happy with the response to that then give props to Johnson....the democrat.

YouTube "Plandemic", should be a 26 minute documentary. Whole New Light!!!

Tell that to California. They are racing all over this month.
    with people in the stands?

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    with people in the stands?
    Google works for both of us, my friend.
    I just know that tracks are racing. I believe the governor left it up to the towns and counties.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyracing View Post
    YouTube "Plandemic", should be a 26 minute documentary. Whole New Light!!!
    I watched it. One minute they suggest that the government is behind it, the next minute they suggest hospitals are involved so they can scam the government out of medicare money. Can't have it both ways.

California has to get to phase 4 before opening up to large gatherings. The governor of California wasn't leaving it up to towns and counties to decide. Three counties in Northern California defied the orders and decided to open up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kcr...ening/32397769

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    The president put reopening guidelines on governor's and local authorities.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

Google works for both of us, my friend.
    I just know that tracks are racing. I believe the governor left it up to the towns and counties.
    If Goggle worked for you then show us a dirt track that's been open and running races with fans these last two months. Horse tracks seem to be closed as are most any race tracks period, they say "temporarily closed" on their websites.

jr29, Don't know where you got your information but there are no races going on in California and aren't likely to be any for a long while. Nearly all of our tracks are on state fairgrounds property and, off hand I can only think of about 5 that aren't and one of those is on a reservation (Indian or Native American as you choose). There is 0% chance of the fairgrounds tracks running until this mess is a lot better

The best there is are a couple of the private ones opening to rentals with only a coupe of cars. The granddaughter's boyfriend is a motocross guy and has been to a couple river bottom playdays with no spectators and says it was strange.

Hope your state(s) stay safe and can open at an appropriate time.

California has to get to phase 4 before opening up to large gatherings. The governor of California wasn't leaving it up to towns and counties to decide. Three counties in Northern California defied the orders and decided to open up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kcr...ening/32397769
    Wrong. Go about 1/2 way down the page on my link....
    https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...-know/2357393/

That's true. The key part those is where it says these guidelines will help state and local officials. Those guidelines are for state and local officials to work off of and give them a base starting point. Doesn't mean they have to follow them strictly abide by them.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    jr29, Don't know where you got your information but there are no races going on in California and aren't likely to be any for a long while. Nearly all of our tracks are on state fairgrounds property and, off hand I can only think of about 5 that aren't and one of those is on a reservation (Indian or Native American as you choose). There is 0% chance of the fairgrounds tracks running until this mess is a lot better

The best there is are a couple of the private ones opening to rentals with only a coupe of cars. The granddaughter's boyfriend is a motocross guy and has been to a couple river bottom playdays with no spectators and says it was strange.

Hope your state(s) stay safe and can open at an appropriate time.
    Marysville Raceway racing this Saturday per their facebook.

That's true. The key part those is where it says these guidelines will help state and local officials. Those guidelines are for state and local officials to work off of and give them a base starting point. Doesn't mean they have to follow them strictly abide by them.
    Great leadership huh ? Not vague at all.

If Goggle worked for you then show us a dirt track that's been open and running races with fans these last two months. Horse tracks seem to be closed as are most any race tracks period, they say "temporarily closed" on their websites.
    Marysville Raceway.
    I never said anything about a track running for two months.

Their is a track at Farmington mo that is racing this Saturday night no limits on fans or cars rico Abreo will be racing of course in a sprint

For how long, it's obvious that the Democrat governors are not going to let things get back to normal. They have changed the normal and intend to keep it that way.
    I am not affiliated with either party, but it is not just Democratic governors. For example, Iowa has a Republican governor and they are not allowed to have fans either.

Hopefully, they will get a vaccine by the end of the year and we can get back to the old normal next year. For now the new normal is going to be a mixed bag, based upon outbreaks in the various states.

vaccine going to be hard to come up with in this type of strain from what I am understanding. What is not hard, letting business open back up. Dems Gov likely to not go along, Power Power.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I am not affiliated with either party, but it is not just Democratic governors. For example, Iowa has a Republican governor and they are not allowed to have fans either.

Hopefully, they will get a vaccine by the end of the year and we can get back to the old normal next year. For now the new normal is going to be a mixed bag, based upon outbreaks in the various states.
    That's the point I've been trying to make. Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama are all very red states with republican governors and I don't think any racing is being allowed at all. With or without fans there is no racing.
    California has a democratic governor and at least one track is racing. Louisiana has a democratic governor and I believe there is some racing going on there. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's not a total red /blue thing but some on here are making it one at every turn.

jr29, You are correct that Marysville's Facebook says they are racing per a post last night. Hadn't seen that since I seldom look at Facebook but I'm surprised that my phone wasn't ringing off the hook about it since it's only 34 miles from our home base and we are regulars on Saturday night there for years in Super Stocks/Limited LMs when we aren't out of town at a Tour race.

It is one of the privately owned joints I mentioned in my last post and my son and I are good friends with the owners. It is also in Yuba County which opened a lot of businesses yesterday, much to the displeasure of our Governor. The 3 counties, including them, in that area have had only double digit cases and one death. With a population of some 175,000 in the 3 there also has been minimal to no testing done there.

The same can be said of the northeast corner of the state, Modoc County, population 9,000, which also ignored state guidelines and opened. Zero cases with zero testing. One race track in Cedarville, literally spitting distance to Oregon, 1/4 dirt with one race a year, the Tri State Pro Stock Challenge, which is one of our favorite ones to run. That was cancelled yesterday. The Tri State series had a nice 12 race schedule in NorCal, northern Nevada and southern Oregon this year. So far 2 races in and 5 cancelled and the other 5 waiting to see.

Don't know what classes will be at Marysville if it happens but at least one or 2 Sprint classes and IMCA Sport Mods are a good bet. With a daughter, daughter in law, sister and granddaughter all in nursing/ medical fields we'll listen to their advise over the politicians and not be there. Better to err on the caution side...