Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Daugherty Speedway opening Grandstands

Be interesting to see how this turns out.

https://racingnews.co/2020/05/07/ind...vent-sold-out/

That's the old Boswell Speedway right?

Yes........

The way I look at it is people that will not practice social distancing are just being selfish. It is not a constitutional issue, it is doing what is right for each other. We’ll see how they think when it is their mom, dad, or grandparents that are taken by Covid-19.

Good for them! Are constitutional rights have been getting trampled upon. It's about time we the people take a stand...

The guy is an idiot prior to the virus

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    The guy is an idiot prior to the virus
    I expect the governor to shut this down. Hate to see a lot of people show up to get run off.
    Good Luck to all that attend!

If you want the latest updates and have time to read some interesting comments, go to the Daugherty Speedway Facebook page. There's a letter posted from the State of Indiana. Will definitely be interesting to see how this turns out.

They are allowed to have limited practice starting May 11th per the new order. Thus, the show this weekend will most likely not be happening.
    Last edited by fryefan; 05-07-2020 at 08:00 PM.

And he got your money!

On their facebook page, they say they will refund those who purchased tickets. Hopefully, those who bought tickets will get their money back.

Personally, I would not have bought tickets to it, even if I lived in that area, because it is pretty obvious to me that the chance it would happen are slim and none.
    Last edited by fryefan; 05-07-2020 at 08:02 PM.

I was wondering who now owns or promotes this track. I think Mr.Daugherty had purchased this facility when the Kamps (previous owners) had lost it due to possible bankruptcy. I know that the Kamps also owned the K-Motion company, who produce valve train components. I understand that their products are still offered by Jegs and Summit Racing, and K-motion is still in business. I had heard that Mr. Daugherty sometimes had problems with track prep. I also heard that he had attempted promoting, I think, a Summer Nationals event at Vermillion County Speedway (aka Danville, now gone ) in Illinois with poor results. I attended the old Boswell Speedway many times while owned by the Kamps. I thought Gayle Kamp did a very good job with her efforts. I still have some of their programs which have pictures from the past when the track was asphalt. When it was asphalt there were actual short straightaways between corners 1 and 2 and 3 and 4, not a true oval, so to speak. I believe that an ASA race was held there at one time. Just looking for some input or information.

They did have a ASA race there, I was there for it.. dont remember much, an old man now, lol, if i remember Bobby Dotter from Chicago was a track champ there.. Ray Young was a multi feature winner there.. D!ck Potts also ran there when it was paved.. hope someone has some pic's.. also used to go there when it was Henry's Speedway...

Fyi i just heard the state police are gonna be there issuing tickets and there is gonna be no racing so dont waste ur time driving there cause u know in the end ur gonna be pissed off for wasting the gas to drive there for nothing...this guy is a idot to battle with the govonor hope he has alot of money or likes jail...

What are they going to be writing tickets for

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    What are they going to be writing tickets for
    Practicing your God given freewill!

Disobeying a state order duh....

Im a illinois state trooper i know the laws more then u all

Quote Originally Posted by Kankakeefan8 View Post
    Im a illinois state trooper i know the laws more then u all
    I'm an Illinois citizen that calls your bluff on the knowledge of law...

Chirp.... lmao