Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Racing

I am a big race fan, but if I win $50K in the fifty fifty drawing, it's all mine!!! The Big E has made many millions off of the Dream and World 100, enough to make a little instead of a lot for once.

I think alot of people complained about the 50/50. Someone who has zero interest in the event could buy tickets from hundreds of miles away and win. We already have multiple types of lottery's

Thumbs up

WOLRD 100 - 2019 50/50 Drawing - was over $80,000
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

That's right, and an automatic 20% is kept for your tax.

CW would you rather have them come after you for there share ? No thank you, pay them up front and enjoy the rest I say. I lay down 20 bucks for a chance at 80k any time.

$80,489 for the winners share -last year at the World 100. I am glad they revised the policy of having to be on the property to purchase a ticket. There are probably a few folks who drive there just to buy a ticket- but the majority are racing people like us!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    CW would you rather have them come after you for there share ? No thank you, pay them up front and enjoy the rest I say. I lay down 20 bucks for a chance at 80k any time.
    You don't have to worry, they will keep the 20% and hand you the 80%. lol

I would like to see anybody who purchased the pay for view has a opportunity to purchase a 50/50 ticket. And half of the winings would go to the drivers purse. As well as half of the money made of the ppv. Last night the ppv at I-55 had people watching from 11 different contanents. That would be enough revanew to pay for the race with limited fans or no fans at all. Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    I would like to see anybody who purchased the pay for view has a opportunity to purchase a 50/50 ticket. And half of the winings would go to the drivers purse. As well as half of the money made of the ppv. Last night the ppv at I-55 had people watching from 11 different contanents. That would be enough revanew to pay for the race with limited fans or no fans at all. Lol...
    "Watching on 11 different continents"....

Pretty dang impressive, as there a only 7 on earth.

Gotta love public education.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    "Watching on 11 different continents"....Pretty dang impressive, as there a only 7 on earth.Gotta love public education.
    Good one........lolololol

Lol... Ok, 11 different country's.. that's what they were saying on the ppv last night. Gotta love the interest in Dirt Track Racing around the world. Smile...

Alot of people watching outside of the country are U.S Military

Default Racing in Ohio

I voted for Mike Devine,because like many people I thought he had a head on his shoulder,instead his head is located up his rectum!as he has been advised by this so called NURSE,the Ohio small business
    chapter won't survive under his rules,therefore let the people choose what they want to do,and let life go on.(Amen)
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Looks like he'll have to be impeached for government overreach. He does not have the power to eliminate freedom of assembly from the Constitution. Nor does any other governor.
    Do you honestly believe that?

During a pandemic like this they have the authority to make such decisions.
    Last edited by fryefan; 05-10-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Did anybody stop to think about how limited the state would be if Tony ran The Dream and they wanted to stop it? What are they going to do? Fine him? Well maybe this year the 50/50 money goes toward paying the fine. Not that Tony doesn't make enough money to pay it anyhow. Are they going to shut the show down? They can't, the cops can only uphold the Constitution and the state laws. And there's currently not a law that has been passed by the state legislature stating that businesses cannot conduct business. Good luck arresting 20k people on private property. Bring in the SWAT team and start busting heads? The state won't risk further inciting people in the state even more. Arrest Tony and Roger? Good luck with that, they can take the state to Federal Court, and because Tony is involved, the media would be all over that and that would be a horrible look for Ohio when they lose. Pull their business and liquor license and close the track? Eldora's races bring in too much revenue for the local economy, that will never happen. The event could also be advertised as a 3 day political protest, therefore making it a perfectly legal and peaceful assembly protected under the Constitution. People need to stop acting like these governors are allowed to be tyrants, they are not. The governors work for the people, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Alot of people watching outside of the country are U.S Military
    There are quite a few countries with dirt / sprint car racing. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UK.

I bet most of the foreign viewers are in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Do you honestly believe that?

During a pandemic like this they have the authority to make such decisions.
    Not quite. Nowhere does it say that all Constitutional freedoms can be absolutely shredded for a virus that has a 99.95% survival rate and 95% of people have mild or no symptoms. In hindsight the correct way to handle this was obviously to isolate the nursing homes and elderly and keep things going instead of shutting down the economy. Now that we know that we can start down that road now. We could understand these actions if this was an illness that kills large percentages of all age ranges, but that is not the case here. It prays on very specific groups of people. The only reason we're still even talking about it is it's an election year and the Dems, and some clueless Republican governors on a power trip, are using it as a political weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by toledo47 View Post
    There are quite a few countries with dirt / sprint car racing. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UK.

I bet most of the foreign viewers are in Australia
    I'm not arguing against that. But I know someone in that business and majority of viewership is military

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Did anybody stop to think about how limited the state would be if Tony ran The Dream and they wanted to stop it? What are they going to do? Fine him? Well maybe this year the 50/50 money goes toward paying the fine. Not that Tony doesn't make enough money to pay it anyhow. Are they going to shut the show down? They can't, the cops can only uphold the Constitution and the state laws. And there's currently not a law that has been passed by the state legislature stating that businesses cannot conduct business. Good luck arresting 20k people on private property. Bring in the SWAT team and start busting heads? The state won't risk further inciting people in the state even more. Arrest Tony and Roger? Good luck with that, they can take the state to Federal Court, and because Tony is involved, the media would be all over that and that would be a horrible look for Ohio when they lose. Pull their business and liquor license and close the track? Eldora's races bring in too much revenue for the local economy, that will never happen. The event could also be advertised as a 3 day political protest, therefore making it a perfectly legal and peaceful assembly protected under the Constitution. People need to stop acting like these governors are allowed to be tyrants, they are not. The governors work for the people, not the other way around.

They park state troopers on the highways going into the place and block them. As a Libertarian you should be more up on police state tactics. Remember the standing Army during peace time that Jefferson warned of?
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Let's see. I'm in TS shoes, do I or don't I. I have the ASCoC, I have 3 nascrap teams, a WoO team, and of course eldora. Now which one do you thing he's putting effort into ? I think he has enough people telling him let's wait and see with what each and everyone is doing. Including the governor of ohio. He has the state locked down and it is what it is. Gearhead it may be unconstitutional to shut the business owner down. But they can come in and block road access for a long list of off the wall reasons. Nobody wins, except the lawyers.