Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Racing

Default Ohio Racing

Just heard that the governor who is a Republican has said that he will not allow people to go to racetracks at all until either later in 2020 only if after reopening things he sees a massive decline in cases of the disease. If not and they rise he will likely close racing until 2021. Also one track had a facebook live here in Ohio and was told that state and local health departments have to check if they can reopen with a plan. Most likely he was told if everything goes ok July 4th but with very limited seating like 500 or less and no more than 50 racecars in the pits. and racing could only be 2 hours at most. Might not be worth opening.

So is this same Governor telling the 2 NFL teams that they will not be playing football in the state of Ohio? There are a he!! of a lot more fans at those games than there are at Eldora or any dirt track in Ohio can hold.

Well if this is true there won't be any racing at eldora or any other race track in Ohio.

Looks like he'll have to be impeached for government overreach. He does not have the power to eliminate freedom of assembly from the Constitution. Nor does any other governor.

Well start the process. by time it's done it be election year. so good luck an I'm sure there "clauses" in the constitution for war and for pandemics. a right to assemble is only for gatherings for religion or to protest the government. So read bill of rights #1
    Last edited by t4g2; 05-10-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Well start the process. by time it's done it be election year. so good luck an I'm sure there "clauses" in the constitution for war and for pandemics. a right to assemble is only for gatherings for religion or to protest the government. So read bill of rights #1
    I don't think TJ considered pandemics.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

He obviously hasn't had anyone effected by it. My gf works on the front lines as a traveling nurse. My buddies wife passed away because she couldn't get a liver transplant done because of it. She was 43 left 2 kids behind. He doesn't run a business being effected by this either. He's all talk poor poor me but no action. I bet he had no problem spending the stimulus $

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    So is this same Governor telling the 2 NFL teams that they will not be playing football in the state of Ohio? There are a he!! of a lot more fans at those games than there are at Eldora or any dirt track in Ohio can hold.
    the teams get most of there money from tv. the people in the stands are a lot smaller percentage of the bottom line.
    Last edited by lokwaidid; 05-10-2020 at 12:40 PM.

At this point gathering at a racetrack is in fact protesting the government. You cannot argue that fact. It is also Unconstitutional to not allow businesses to operate.

He obviously hasn't had anyone effected by it. My gf works on the front lines as a traveling nurse. My buddies wife passed away because she couldn't get a liver transplant done because of it. She was 43 left 2 kids behind. He doesn't run a business being effected by this either. He's all talk poor poor me but no action. I bet he had no problem spending the stimulus $
    She chose her line of profession. She can change her line of work if she doesn't like it. I wouldn't be able to do what she does, therefore I would never get into that profession then selfishly tell people to stay home for eternity and ruin their lives so that I wouldn't have to deal with sickness and death. That's just not logical. It should be up to each individual to determine how to handle their health issues. It's government overreach when they get involved in people's health and decide to ruin everybody's immune systems by keeping them isolated.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 05-10-2020 at 10:54 AM.

it doesn't say anywhere that I read in the constitution about businesses. My business was shut down for 2 weeks luckily and I'm staying a float but sales and production are down. It really hurt my tradeshows I attend aren't happening. All them have been canceled through September. An this is a pandemic so there's clauses in it for that.

Anyway back on topic as there's already a million threads about b.s. an politics which I don't do. I vote for whoever is willing to put more money in my pocket at the end of the day.

For me I hope the dream happens as I don't make it to Eldora often anymore. But I'll def be cautious with that many people in tight areas. as all it will take is 1 person who doesn't take care of themselves. wash there hands or shower all week to get it an spread it.

Brushcreek fought to run their race this weekend and won, so hopefully that goes a long way and sets a precedent for getting things rolling in Ohio. Read on Facebook that Tyler Carpenter won $247 for winning an 11 car race though, hopefully that’s not the payout model going forward for these empty stands shows.

Does anybody remember what the 50/50 ticket winner got àt the World 100 last year? I know it more than the winner of the race got. Anybody that lived in the State Ohio could buy one online. Maybe add half of that money towards the purse. And add half of the money from doing a pay view as well. Idk... I would just like to see the Dream race happen.

People from all over the state were only aloud to buy the first year they did it. I'm pretty sure they changed it to you having to be on eldora grounds to buy a 50/50

They want have many races paying 247 dollars to win that's like the state I live in they said restaurants could open at half capacity I noticed a few did an most didn't an some of the owners that didn't open said they couldn't make any money at 50 percent same way with race tracks if you can't make any money why bother.

You do have to be on Eldora Property to buy a 50/50 ticket now.

Politicians have no business shutting down business. PERIOD!!! GOVERNMENT RUN COUNTRY IS ON TAP after this debacle. Especially if Dems get in power.. BTW the least the Politicians should do is lose their salaries while they are making people lose theirs.

TS FAN, for some reason I’ve assumed that you are from Ohio. If so, what tracks to you plan on attending once they are open? Ones close to you? Or ones that you’d have to travel a distance to?