Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up State likely to allow racing soon. States not likely to allow racing anytime soon.

Thought I would be an idea to try and help those who are willing to travel to find a race.

What States are likely to allow racing in the next few months?
    Missouri
    Georgia
    Florida
    Texas
    South Carolina
    Wisconsin
    Minnesota
    North Carolina - Some tracks allowed with no fans.
    Ohio - Bruskcreek raced Saturday, May 9th. Might be something to help get those tracks back.
    Indiana - June 14th limited people at practices / July 4th - Racing ok with social distancing

What States are NOT likely to allow racing to resume anytime soon?
    Illinois
    Pennsylvania
    Michigan
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-10-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Yeah it doesn't look good for Pa...Selinsgrove was all set to run a 410 sprint car race yesterday(without fans) for a PPV event and apparently got permission from the state only to have the Governor's office put the kobash on it late in the week. The promoters were going to social distance the teams and require masks, had the teams prepay their pit passes via credit card so no cash would exchange hands, were not opening the concession stands etc...Not sure what else the promoters could do to insure everyone's safety... Sounded very political to me...At this point as fans, we probably won't see any races in the state of Pennsylvania until the 4th of July.....hope I am wrong.

Texas is allowing racing I seen where Monarch Motor Speedway had a 2 night event this weekend

roaring knob is supposedly racing tonight in pa
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

I would say New York wont be open for a long time. That in effect would cancel the June WoO shows that are still scheduled there

It appears that the Show Me State Missouri... Is showing the other States how to getter done. First I-55 with limited fans. And now West Plains/Legit Speedway with a two day show later this Month with no limit on fans.

Many States run by Dems will not allow anything. That is the sorry truth. Disgusting IMO

I think that Illnois and Michigan are done for the year. With racing with any fans in the stands. (Stick a fork in them.. they are done) It's appears that it will come down on who happens to be the Governor of each State and what guidelines they have put in place. Àt this point aways. Imo

Iowa is already racing.

Wisconsin will have a couple tracks but not full force

Boyd’s raced yesterday had 20 lates 30 crates 35 sportsman and 20 front wheel drives with no fans.

Senoia ran a regular show yesterday as well.

Things can change in just a few weeks so, I wouldn't count out racing in any state that is not allowing it at this time. If the states that are allowing things to open back up numbers don't start climbing then things will change for the states that aren't allowing it trust me it will come down to revenue at some point.

Three Dem senators are making a new bill that offers $2K and month instead of $1200 plus the same for up to three dependents. Tell me this isn't political pandering to the utmost. For the next three months to boot. So you people that will vote for whomever will give you the most money, now have a clear choice. Remember there is a horrible price to pay down the road. though. As you sell us all down the drain.

Sadly, I don't see our state of Kentucky allowing racing for at least the next two months. Our governor seems to want everything to stay closed forever. Hopefully there'll be racing here by the North/South in August.

Question is how long are some of these tracks going to be able to cover expenses. Unless they are good paying events with good cars not many people are going to buy a ppv.

6 whole late models at roaring knob
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Gov. Pigsteer has stages for restarting the state of IL. Each stage is 28 days long. This is twice as long as any other state. You fail a stage and you just added a month. We are 10 days into stage one. Races with fans are at least 2 stages away. Bloomington has closed pools for the summer and canceled the 4th of July festivities. Without relief from the courts, I don't have much hope for racing in IL.

The current governor is the only person ever to be able to screw up Illinois late model racing......can they figure out a way to keep Chicago on lockdown until the murder rate curve is flattened?

It's kind of the same thing isn't it? Trying to save lives , right?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Gov. Pigsteer has stages for restarting the state of IL. Each stage is 28 days long. This is twice as long as any other state. You fail a stage and you just added a month. We are 10 days into stage one. Races with fans are at least 2 stages away. Bloomington has closed pools for the summer and canceled the 4th of July festivities. Without relief from the courts, I don't have much hope for racing in IL.
    They cancelled the Nascar race for later in June already without even considering running without fans. I thought for sure the Michigan race in early June would be cancelled also with Chicago, Richmond and Sonoma

Pritzker is all about power and liberal agenda, he cares nothing about the residents of Illinois! I'm sure the rate of businesses and family's leaving Illinois will skyrocket.

How bout Idaho and Hawaii??
    2023 Races - WoO at TST