Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    So... just trying to figure this one out. I live in North Georgia. Boyd's speedway (Mostly in the state of GA) has already held 2 fanless races, and is supposed to have one this weekend, with fans.

Also, of course the fanless race (I think they've had 2 now?) at Senoia

However, Dixie Speedway, which is just like 70-80 miles away from either track "had" to postpone 2 events already, and states they are not allowed to open until at least May 31, due to Gov. Kemp's executive order extending the shut down for "live event venues" and they are considered a live event venue.

So how does that work?
    County officials I would assume.

So... just trying to figure this one out. I live in North Georgia. Boyd's speedway (Mostly in the state of GA) has already held 2 fanless races, and is supposed to have one this weekend, with fans.

However, Dixie Speedway, which is just like 70-80 miles away from either track "had" to postpone 2 events already, and states they are not allowed to open until at least May 31, due to Gov. Kemp's executive order extending the shut down for "live event venues" and they are considered a live event venue.

So how does that work?
    Does it have anything to do w the county there in?

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Getting the virus is a good thing unless it ends up being a hospitalization. Especially for college kids, it will allow them to develop antibodies to it and become immune. People need to stop acting like getting it is a bad thing if you're healthy. It's like getting the flu, 99.95% survive. In PA 2/3 of the deaths are in nursing homes and the average age of Covid deaths is 79 and almost all had underlying conditions.
    I believe 11% of the covid related deaths in Pennsylvania involved no other comorbidities.
    We probably read or heard about the the same report.
    I was told the other day on here that hearing something is useless though so maybe it's all made up.
    Last edited by jr29; 05-13-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    I believe 11% of the covid related deaths in Pennsylvania involved no other comorbidities.
    We probably read or heard about the the same report.
    I was told the other day on here that hearing something is useless though so maybe it's all made up.
    If you are age 18-45, have no co-morbidities, and are of average weight, your odds are 10/100,000 of dying.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    My town was doing great til some college kids that live off campus got together for a big gathering and now 8 of them have the virus. So its still out their and going around. The governor is hinted around of canceling both state fairs and the local pools are closed and July 4th activities and fireworks canceled. Even the big fireworks show in East Peoria/Peoria have been canceled. The Big decatur celebration in August has been canceled to. So ive lost hope on any racing in Illinios.
    Any chance somebody can adopt Blue the French bulldog and give to Gov Pritzker ?

So how does that work?
    Just a WAG on my part, but maybe Swimms could “open” but maybe not at full capacity and he’s using the order as a backup. Could also be a liability issue if he were to open up before given a complete all clear.

I’m not sure how Boyd’s is allowing fans, but they say they are. Senoia is not.

I think Boyd's has said a couple times before there racing with fans only to change to no fans like the day before the race.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty bert View Post
    I think Boyd's has said a couple times before there racing with fans only to change to no fans like the day before the race.
    Once for sure. I think originally it was a parking issue as they were having to use the spectator parking as overflow pit parking. Maybe they found more room or don’t think they will need the overflow.

I guess the issue is.....who has final authority, county or state?

Needmore was packed Saturday with restrictions only at concession stand, but Dixie put out a post saying it could not open until June 1!

Confusing!!!

Landon Stallard (owner of Volunteer Speedway in TN) said earlier this week that the governor has say over the local county authorities. They tried to get clearance to race, and haven't been successful. Bulls Gap, 411 and Smoky Mtn. all the same. But places like Clarksville and Boyd's (even though the business licence is in GA, have been running for a couple of weeks. I honestly don't understand the consistency. It looks to me it should be all or none type of deal but I don't know.

411 is having a race this weekend now with no fans

RACING RETURNS TO THE BAD FAST TAZEWELL SPEEDWAY!!!

On Sunday night May 24th Tazewell Speedway will FINALLY kick off the 2020 racing season as we welcome back the United Championship Racing Alliance for the 2nd Annual Melvin Corum Memorial. The region's best Crate Late Model pedal smashers will battle in a 40 lap feature paying $3,001 to win!

For this event spectators WILL BE ALLOWED in the grandstands yet there will be CDC guidelines.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

thexfactor0210, I posted that literally just before they announced their race. So it looks like some tracks are getting the green light to start having races in TN at least. Some other tracks are going to hold practices this weekend, so some normalcy looks to be on the horizon.

Has there been any updates from Eldora regarding the Dream?

Ohio governor to announce today remaining summer plans going forward so after this i'd assume you'll hear something from Ohio if he indeed does give guidelines for entire summer

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If you are age 18-45, have no co-morbidities, and are of average weight, your odds are 10/100,000 of dying.
    However, we are starting to see a new inflammatory disease related to covid-19 in children that is similar to Kawasaki disease.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    However, we are starting to see a new inflammatory disease related to covid-19 in children that is similar to Kawasaki disease.
    Yup. 10 or 12 cases in the whole state. 10 in Italy. It is likely related. No peer reviewed study.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Yup. 10 or 12 cases in the whole state. 10 in Italy. It is likely related. No peer reviewed study.
    Up to 100 in the UK according to the BBC. 82 in New York. Oregon is reporting their first case today.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Up to 100 in the UK according to the BBC. 82 in New York. Oregon is reporting their first case today.
    I see you continue to hear with one ear. What's wrong with the other one?

Racing this Friday, May 15th, at Mississippi Thunder Speedway in Fountain City, Wisconsin. Fans are allowed in the stands. Running Open Late Models along with five other classes.