Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    The "complete state shutdown". There's a mindset from some people that everything has to be exactly the same for all at all times. Anything else is you guessed it. I'm not going to say it but you guessed it. This is just the latest form of woke outrage.

The problem with absolutist thinking is that it leads to absolute folly. You ever worked for a micro-manager? It's the least efficient way possible to run a business but to a control freak it's the only way.

You ever had a one size fits all shirt? Or a Dual Sport motorcycle? I know that you have an adjustable wrench in the kitchen drawer. Would you use it to rebuild an engine? Things that are designed to do everything are plain old lousy at everything but they'll do it, sure. That's why we don't race dirt cars on asphalt and vice versa with the exception of a few exhibition races here and there. But alas some people will scream at the top of their lungs for a Crescent wrench Wuhan virus policy and call localized policy "a failure" even if it's way more efficient (and working). But only if that's what the other side politically wants to do.

This stopped being a matter of public health on television weeks ago.
    The whole post is spot on Rocky......but that last line sums it up the better than any sentence I've seen anywhere.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

They had to keep the subway open. Same as in Chicago. Lot of people don't have cars are still working - healthcare workers and other essential workers

The "complete state shutdown". There's a mindset from some people that everything has to be exactly the same for all at all times. Anything else is you guessed it. I'm not going to say it but you guessed it. This is just the latest form of woke outrage.

The problem with absolutist thinking is that it leads to absolute folly. You ever worked for a micro-manager? It's the least efficient way possible to run a business but to a control freak it's the only way.

You ever had a one size fits all shirt? Or a Dual Sport motorcycle? I know that you have an adjustable wrench in the kitchen drawer. Would you use it to rebuild an engine? Things that are designed to do everything are plain old lousy at everything but they'll do it, sure. That's why we don't race dirt cars on asphalt and vice versa with the exception of a few exhibition races here and there. But alas some people will scream at the top of their lungs for a Crescent wrench Wuhan virus policy and call localized policy "a failure" even if it's way more efficient (and working). But only if that's what the other side politically wants to do.

Yeah.... what he said. Spot on perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    They had to keep the subway open. Same as in Chicago. Lot of people don't have cars are still working - healthcare workers and other essential workers
    I would agree with you if it were only open to those folks you mentioned provided they had the proper credentials.........but that's not how it was I don't believe.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The governors in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan aren't gonna slow their economies to hurt Trump. They want to be reelected too.
    I've said it before....I think all of these governors are trying.

Who has called for a "complete state shutdown" ?

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    The governors in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan aren't gonna slow their economies to hurt Trump. They want to be reelected too.
    Political nutjobs always try to turn everything into a political issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I would agree with you if it were only open to those folks you mentioned provided they had the proper credentials.........but that's not how it was I don't believe.
    If only those workers had a badge or ID card to show to get on the subway....... wait a minute.....

The crowd shots I’ve seen didn’t read like a train full of RN’s.

You just argued my point for me. Republicans will vote republican. Democrats will vote democrat, but a moderate making more money staying home will vote for the guy who enabled it.

The virus blew up the economy temporarily. The policies pushed by some will do major permanent damage.

PA governor Tom Wolf can’t be re-elected. He’s in his second term. He is absolutely playing politics with his response.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Apologies. I thought Wolfe was first term. Whitmer and Evers are definitely first term.
    Tubby Boy in mississippi is being slow on the trigger too and he's a Republican.
    I just think these governors are doing their best. I'm not as cynical as some of you.

And Pennsylvania isn't shut down. I know there are people there that are hurting financially but plenty are working too. The whole state isn't shut down. Not even close.

Bayko I think some of the red state ones who are first term are being cautious to not lose reelection. I think what might hurt DeSantis in FL is the issue with unemployment but how much is he at fault though. Rick Scott was the one that paid $77 mil for the website and operations in 2013. I can't imagine DeSantis knows much about it himself only what he's told

And Pennsylvania isn't shut down. I know there are people there that are hurting financially but plenty are working too. The whole state isn't shut down. Not even close.
    You don’t live here. You have no idea what it’s actually like here. The governor and is adviser were blatantly caught juicing the numbers to keep the lockdown going.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I pull freight coming from and going to Pennsylvania all week. It's my job.
    And if we can't comment about a place we don't live then we should probably all keep our mouths shut a lot more. Very few on here can mention California. Just stop.

Tennessee Govenor set out new rules today. Beginning next Friday (May 22) more capacity for restaurants- amusement parks & race tracks can open. This is 3 days before 411 has the $10,000 to win show on Memorial Day!!
    Volunteer, Taz & Smoky Mountain (East Tennessee Tracks) & other Tennessee tracks will be good to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Tennessee Govenor set out new rules today. Beginning next Friday (May 22) more capacity for restaurants- amusement parks & race tracks can open. This is 3 days before 411 has the $10,000 to win show on Memorial Day!!
    Volunteer, Taz & Smoky Mountain (East Tennessee Tracks) & other Tennessee tracks will be good to go!!
    Governor Lee and the mayors in the major cities have done a good job. Credit to us Tennesseans too.

Lets see. The Gov of California who has no chance of not being re-elected is closing LA until labor day. Now we don't want to be political, we know he cares about the people turds in the streets and all. MEH

I get it, you think these people want the best for their states. I get it. YEP!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Lets see. The Gov of California who has no chance of not being re-elected is closing LA until labor day. Now we don't want to be political, we know he cares about the people turds in the streets and all. MEH
    No worries. They are going to cut pay for state workers by 10% to help ease a $54 billion dollar deficit.

He served atleast 2 terms of mayor in San Francisco. And we all know what goes on there. Then he's elected governor? Those people are either blind and oblivious to what goes on.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 05-15-2020 at 04:35 PM.