Default Dirt Racing Main Events Need a Definite Start Time

https://insidedirtracing.com/dirt-ra...te-start-time/

Nothing beats an efficiently run racing program

I've been preaching about this for years but it don't do any good they don't even try to do any better.

I don't think comparing NFL and local short track maintenance crews is a very good comparison

For me it's not so much about knowing when the main event will start, it's about a well run show. If start time is 7, start at 7. Cut out all the funky delays. The field should be lined up and ready to go when the previous one is exiting the track. Intermission shouldn't last 30 minutes to an hour. Driver introductions are nice but I don't care for it. When there is a caution, set the expectation to get back in line NOW. Limit support classes when there is a bid event. And, it's not a crime to have fans on their way home at 9:30 or 10:00. I've been to shows where I was on the way home at 9:30 and had a great time. I've also been to shows that were still going on at 1:30. Not many people want to still be watching racing in the wee hours. This was a premier facility in Missouri by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    For me it's not so much about knowing when the main event will start, it's about a well run show. If start time is 7, start at 7. Cut out all the funky delays. The field should be lined up and ready to go when the previous one is exiting the track. Intermission shouldn't last 30 minutes to an hour. Driver introductions are nice but I don't care for it. When there is a caution, set the expectation to get back in line NOW. Limit support classes when there is a bid event. And, it's not a crime to have fans on their way home at 9:30 or 10:00. I've been to shows where I was on the way home at 9:30 and had a great time. I've also been to shows that were still going on at 1:30. Not many people want to still be watching racing in the wee hours. This was a premier facility in Missouri by the way.
    I agree. Shows should be completed by AT LEAST 11 pm (local time).

I'd go for a "start the feature at 9:30 or 10:00." There's no law making the feature run last.

No qualifying and pill draw... better racing, saves track, saves time

Their is no way to have an exact starting time for a feature with cautions red flags etc. Dumbest thing I've ever heard of
    Last edited by 50Dixon50; 05-12-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Late model feature should always be on the track by 10pm. I get tired of going to special events late model races and their feature is ran 3rd.

At this point I'm just happy that there is some Late Model racing happening. I have no problem with it starting a little later. If track prep is needed to provide better racing. I just hate watching a rubbed up train race.