Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Magnolia Mayhem 40 drivers

I could get used to these Thursday night shows, kind of reminds me of Thursday night football. So far I've seen these drivers listed. Billy Moyer Billy Moyer jr Jonathan Davenport Tyler Erb Ashton Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I could get used to these Thursday night shows, kind of reminds me of Thursday night football. So far I've seen these drivers listed. Billy Moyer Billy Moyer jr Jonathan Davenport Tyler Erb Ashton Winger
    Or Thursday night Thunder back in the day on espn

Cade Dillard

Everyone has an opinion or how they look and handle things right now. And that’s fine. But for me, I will not support or watch any event that doesn’t have the same guidelines for fans as they do drivers. If a track can space / limit out crews, then they can space / limit out fans. I-55 didn’t have a problem that I’ve heard. ...no fans is bs.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Lmao it's not like it's even a ppv event. At this point u could have watched like 5 races for 12 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Lmao it's not like it's even a ppv event. At this point u could have watched like 5 races for 12 bucks
    You have to consider the source. It’s his deal to only be happy when whining. In the words of the great poet Horace Grant, a “ Straight up b***h “ kind of person.

I thought Horace Grant was a basketball player.

I'll go on the record and admit I've never ordered a PPV event nor am I a DoD subscriber.

He’s a true renaissance man. Poet, forward thinker, solid power forward.

I’m sure dirt on dirt is just devastated that you guys “refuse” to watch these shows. Clowns

I would have to guess some of the deep south regional racers will be there; Brian & Rick Rickman, Timothy Culp, David Breazeale, Dane Dacus, Neil Baggett, Robbie Stuart, Scott Dedwyler, BJ Robinson

I'm not refusing. I'm just admitting.

I too admit/refuse to buy PPV. The money doesnt goto the right people when you order a PPV. There are WAY too many greedy folks looking to make a buck streaming dirt racing IMHO. Getting corporate america involved, just like napcar, its headed down the same path when dirt fans become second fiddle to corporate TV/PPV.
    If i goto the tracks, I hand the money to them, track gets 100% of my $ that way. I buy a shirt from the driver, money goes to them, 100% in his pocket.
    Last edited by RiffRaf67; 05-12-2020 at 01:33 PM. Reason: speeling
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Drop shock - I’m not bothered by DoD carrying it live, or the previous live races the past few weeks. I’ve DoD subscriber, have been for many years. I thank Rigsby, Mrs Rigsby, and the well known staff every time I see them. My protest is not letting fans in, and I’m pointing my finger at who made that decision, whether it’s track, local or state officials. Same for other states too. I don’t think it’s right so I’m not gonna watch. If you can space out crews, you can space out limited fans. ...That’s just how I see it. Anyone looks at it differently, no problem. Watch and enjoy.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Dirtcrow, if health officials are making most of those decisions, why are you punishing racing people who are going out of their way to give us entertainment?

I’m one person my friend. I’m just speaking for how I feel. You’re right. This goes beyond racing, but god knows there’s too much politics on 4m right now so I’m trying my best not to go there. But I doubt I’m punishing anyone. Just my take on it. I’m also perfectly fine in being in the minority. Lol.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    I too admit/refuse to buy PPV. The money doesnt goto the right people when you order a PPV. There are WAY too many greedy folks looking to make a buck streaming dirt racing IMHO. Getting corporate america involved, just like napcar, its headed down the same path when dirt fans become second fiddle to corporate TV/PPV.
    If i goto the tracks, I hand the money to them, track gets 100% of my $ that way. I buy a shirt from the driver, money goes to them, 100% in his pocket.
    #1) It's not a "pay-per-view" (PPV). It's included with the subscription. There is no addition charge. If you were a subscriber and then had to pay something additional to watch the race, then it would be a PPV.

#2) Actually, those broadcasting these events are financially supporting these race tracks more than you know. Without them, these events cannot happens ... not at the level in which they are.

#3) As a promoter of one of these events told me, there's a "bigger picture" to look at here. If the race is good, run efficiently, etc ... you really can't put a price-tag on the marketing value and potential future revenue a track receives.

#4) We're all in the same boat here. We all want to be at the track. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, we can't. With that in mind, let's be thankful we have folks willing to bust their butts and work countless hours to put these events on. From the promoters to the broadcast partners, there's a lot of moving pieces and a lot of things changing by the hour ... which means there's a lot of time and effort being put in just so some folks have an opportunity to watch the sport they love. It may not be the way we want to watch (we'd all rather be there in person, right?) ... but it's there for those who want to.

DJ
    Last edited by DustinJ14; 05-12-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinJ14 View Post
    #1) It's not a "pay-per-view" (PPV). It's included with the subscription. There is no addition charge. If you were a subscriber and then had to pay something additional to watch the race, then it would be a PPV.

#2) Actually, those broadcasting these events are financially supporting these race tracks more than you know. Without them, these events cannot happens ... not at the level in which they are.

#3) As a promoter of one of these events told me, there's a "bigger picture" to look at here. If the race is good, run efficiently, etc ... you really can't put a price-tag on the marketing value and potential future revenue a track receives.

#4) We're all in the same boat here. We all want to be at the track. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, we can't. With that in mind, let's be thankful we have folks willing willing to bust their butts and work countless hours to put these events on. From the promoters to the broadcast companies, there's a lot of moving pieces and a lot of things changing by the hour ... which means there's a lot of time and effort being put in just so some folks have an opportunity to watch the sport they love. It may not be the way we want to watch (we'd all rather be there in person, right?) ... but it's there for those who want to.

DJ
    Very well said DustinJ14

Thanks DJ for bringing a refreshing perspective to the discussion. Does anyone think a track would not want fans to come? Its the states/cities/counties that all seem to be on a different page. It has been discussed at length that the virus does not spread as effective outdoors and in warm weather so as long as tracks use common sense and distancing measures, they should all be open now. But the rogue governors, mayors, and random county officials who have no clue what they are doing seem determine to make it tough for this industry. I read today that the county where Moler Raceway Park is located in Ohio considers a practice with one car and 2 pit members a sporting event and told them they can't do it. Its stuff like that where common sense has been seemingly thrown out the window where you anger and frustrations should be directed, not at Dirtondirt or any other streaming companies.

Wtf that County consider golf then?

Quote Originally Posted by DustinJ14 View Post

#4) We're all in the same boat here. We all want to be at the track. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, we can't. With that in mind, let's be thankful we have folks willing to bust their butts and work countless hours to put these events on. From the promoters to the broadcast partners, there's a lot of moving pieces and a lot of things changing by the hour ... which means there's a lot of time and effort being put in just so some folks have an opportunity to watch the sport they love. It may not be the way we want to watch (we'd all rather be there in person, right?) ... but it's there for those who want to.

DJ
    #3 is a walk off home run ......that's some very forward thinking from a very smart guy right there.

Thanks for posting that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????