Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Never forget Darwin: if the TV coverage is good and lots of people buy the shows, it'll continue and thrive. If few like it and few buy it, death is certain.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinJ14 View Post
    #1) It's not a "pay-per-view" (PPV). It's included with the subscription. There is no addition charge. If you were a subscriber and then had to pay something additional to watch the race, then it would be a PPV.

#2) Actually, those broadcasting these events are financially supporting these race tracks more than you know. Without them, these events cannot happens ... not at the level in which they are.

#3) As a promoter of one of these events told me, there's a "bigger picture" to look at here. If the race is good, run efficiently, etc ... you really can't put a price-tag on the marketing value and potential future revenue a track receives.

#4) We're all in the same boat here. We all want to be at the track. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, we can't. With that in mind, let's be thankful we have folks willing to bust their butts and work countless hours to put these events on. From the promoters to the broadcast partners, there's a lot of moving pieces and a lot of things changing by the hour ... which means there's a lot of time and effort being put in just so some folks have an opportunity to watch the sport they love. It may not be the way we want to watch (we'd all rather be there in person, right?) ... but it's there for those who want to.

DJ
    Thanks for bringing some rational thoughts to this forum. They are in short supply around here.

Look forward to seeing more of your insights.

We need more Intimigator

I think Overton will be there.

As to Dustin's point #2, Rigsby has been throwing around cash out of his own pocket in support of these races (adding to back row challenge, etc). DoD along with, Flo, Dirtvision, Lucas, Speedshift & any others are doing the best they can to try to make something out of a really challenging situation.

Also, giving the opportunity for some tracks to at least pull in a little $. Not what they would normally pull, but say 20% of a normal night's revenue is a whole lot more than 0% which is what they would be earning.

As a fan, I am very pleased with how the dirt racing community is taking this situation on & trying to make it work. I'm fortunate in that my & my wife's job situations are fine so I will be supporting these series, tracks & sponsors whenever & wherever possible with my $.

Post #25
    EXCELLENT- THANK YOU!

Post number 24, first one on topic in awhile thank you. Came to read a drivers list, found 2 pages of bi****** instead.

Chad Thrash, Rusty Schlenk, Michael Page, Stormy Scott

I would not have expected someone making thier living off the subs/ppvs/media associated with dirt racing to agree with my fringe, minority, extreme opinion. But this is my opinion: All this over exposure of the dirt racing divisions is leading them down the same path as nascar. Too much exposure, too many people looking to cash in.

Didnt mean to derail the thread, was just letting dirt crow know that his minority fringe extreme opinion was shared by at least one other (esp because we have disagreed on many opinions in the past, Re: "unpopular racing opinion")
    Carry on!
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    I would not have expected someone making thier living off the subs/ppvs/media associated with dirt racing to agree with my fringe, minority, extreme opinion. But this is my opinion: All this over exposure of the dirt racing divisions is leading them down the same path as nascar. Too much exposure, too many people looking to cash in.

Didnt mean to derail the thread, was just letting dirt crow know that his minority fringe extreme opinion was shared by at least one other (esp because we have disagreed on many opinions in the past, Re: "unpopular racing opinion")
    Carry on!

I don’t think the NASCAR correlation is fair or even relevant. NASCAR programming of some sort can be found on regular TV or in a basic cable package seven days a week during the season and a few times a week in the offseason.

Dirt racing PPV is not at all like that. Joe Schmoe isn’t going to log on to DoD or FLO or Speedshift or Speed51 or wherever without already being a fan. There isn’t going to be coverage from WoO or Lucas shows on Sportscenter. Sheppy, Davenport, or Bloomer aren’t going to go be on late night talk shows.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Apples to oranges

Page for the win on slick magnolia......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Dennis erb

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    As to Dustin's point #2, Rigsby has been throwing around cash out of his own pocket in support of these races (adding to back row challenge, etc).
    I've noticed Rigsby's generosity as well. Question is, is it out of his pocket or is it yours and mines last month subscription payments? Fine either way. Just askin for a friend.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I've noticed Rigsby's generosity as well. Question is, is it out of his pocket or is it yours and mines last month subscription payments? Fine either way. Just askin for a friend.
    What does it matter? You gave him your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    He doesn’t actually own DoD anymore, so....
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Kyle bronson

Rusty Schlenk is the upset!

gone be a couple TST regulars in the house , GO 35 and 57 , i live in the country with the worst internet available so would some one please do updates , thanks in advance......

Seen a toter rig in Jackson, Tn this morning headed south on 45 toward Magnolia it wasn’t your typical white in color it was more of a Cream color does anybody know who it was ?