Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looks like they are going to get some rain this afternoon, may not be slick as usual tonight.

Rained out. They plan on running it on Friday.

Is Bloomer at the track or entered?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Is Bloomer at the track or entered?
    not as of last night.
    8/13/16

What’s the holdup down there? Rain?

Rained a bunch. Qualifying now. It’s on the gas for sure.

Props to all involved for sticking it out tonight! Too many would have given up!

That two hour nap I took this afternoon was a good call!

So how good are Rigsby and Kessinger in the studio. Really good stuff.

Jimmy owens wins over Timmy culp and Dennis erb

How bad did Billy Franklin's wreck look?

Congrats to Jimmy on picking up the win!

Owens was blazing fast. He looked awesome. He was lapping pole sitter Payton Looney (who finished 9th) as the race ended.

Dennis Erb was pretty quick running the bottom, his car was getting a heck of a launch off the corners. He stayed 0.5 - 1 second behind Owens most of the way, until he had trouble getting around two lapped cars near the end. Really hated to then see Dennis lose the 2nd spot due to a raceiever caution call uncertainty.

I know the Mag is famous for its black ice, but last night’s speeds on a hammer down track were entertaining to see. Owens was turning laps quicker than Scott Bloomquist’s 1 lap track record. Sure do appreciate the Mag for sticking out the rain and getting the show in. A nice, quick show with two classes.

The DoD studio show is enjoyable. The rain delay Skype interviews with drivers were an added bonus. Interesting to hear that Moyer was a scratch for asthma-related reasons, and then hear Junior basically shoot that theory down when asked.

Hope Billy Franklin is alright today. Pretty fierce rollover.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    How bad did Billy Franklin's wreck look?
    They only caught the very end of it on live TV. Didn’t see the contact with the other car. Just saw the last part of Franklin flipping. It was definitely a rough one.

He had a pretty good limp afterwards but refused an ambulance ride. He hopped on a 4 wheeler and rode back to the pits.

been racing with the franklin,s since i started , ole billy is as hard headed as i am , hope he is ok , i will try and call them and get back.........

Talked to Billy Franklin about 2 a.m. this morning and he said his ankle was pretty banged up and his thumb got bent back, but was ok other than that. I'm sure he's sore today. That was a nasty ride.

On another note, THANK YOU to everyone who supported our show. It was less than idea conditions with the rain delay and a one-day show getting spread over parts of three days. However, most everyone was really patient and we greatly appreciate that.

Last but not least thanks to my good friend Michael Rigsby for working with me to make the event possible. The event was created from scratch in three and a half days. With no fans allowed, we couldn't have financially held the event without support from Dirt On Dirt and Flo Racing.

Hopefully we are getting closer to having more fans at more tracks.

Thanks everyone.

- Ben

Thanks for giving us a race to watch Ben. On a side note, this is going to be Jimmy Owens year IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shelton View Post
    Talked to Billy Franklin about 2 a.m. this morning and he said his ankle was pretty banged up and his thumb got bent back, but was ok other than that. I'm sure he's sore today. That was a nasty ride.

On another note, THANK YOU to everyone who supported our show. It was less than idea conditions with the rain delay and a one-day show getting spread over parts of three days. However, most everyone was really patient and we greatly appreciate that.

Last but not least thanks to my good friend Michael Rigsby for working with me to make the event possible. The event was created from scratch in three and a half days. With no fans allowed, we couldn't have financially held the event without support from Dirt On Dirt and Flo Racing.

Hopefully we are getting closer to having more fans at more tracks.

Thanks everyone.

- Ben
    Thanks for waiting out mother nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shelton View Post

- Ben
    Also glad to see Rigsby sharing my dislike of the all too common and over used 4 wide. Let's retire 4 wide ASAP.