Default Rigsby Report with Bill Frye

I finally got around to listening to this podcast (that was posted in April) last night. I highly recommend this for anyone that has not yet listened, especially if you have been a DLM fan going back to his era. Classic Bill Frye stories, left and right. Makes me really miss having Bill (and many of the other DLM stars of that era) still competing in this sport. I agree with Michael Rigsby, that one piece hauler is one of the most iconic memories of those years. I loved seeing it every bit as much as the cars themselves.

Did anyone else get a kick out of listening to this particular Rigsby Report?

Bill built the hauler himself. He said there was not 1 square inch of wasted space. It was definitely a beautiful hauler!

I thought it was a great podcast. He is a brutally honest person and I really respect that.
    First time I saw Bill Frye was at Pennsboro, WV in late 80's
    That was when Pennsboro and WVMS ran the same weekend.
    He was a nice guy and it was cool to hear how he came up with his color scheme on the podcast.

I bought this truck in jan 2019, it's now solid white and is in north Carolina.

GRT 32- ??
    Are you using it as a race hauler? Man- it would be cool if you could post a picture of it.

Bill was a great driver and even better person. As mentioned by others, he has some great stories. He was great with children that visited the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    GRT 32- ??
    Are you using it as a race hauler? Man- it would be cool if you could post a picture of it.
    i agree, it would be great if we could see a current picture of it. That hauler and car both looked great.

Yes it was a great podcast. I never listen to those but being originally from Arkansas, I saw Bill Frye's name on it and had a listen. What a cool, down to earth guy. The airplane story was scary but funny. I also owned one of his old GRT cars for a while, it was an 02 or 03 model but it was fine for the little spec series we ran.

I have pics but I dont know how to post them on here

I loved the podcast with Bill Fry having seen him race several times. As far as his no comment on whether or not he built a 4 wheel drive Late Model locals have said he did indeed race that car at Batesville Speedway.

Everyone should go check out Frye Motorsports on Facebook to see some of his recent work. They've done some amazing work building and fabricating hot rods,race cars,or whatever. Very cool stuff.
    Formerly 66#1