FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 13, 2020

Kaeden Cornell Soars to Second WoO iRacing Victory
Lucas Oil Speedway Season Opener on Saturday

WILLARD, Mo. (05/13/20) – Kaeden Cornell picked up his second World of Outlaws (WoO) Morton Buildings Late Model Series iRacing victory on Tuesday night.

During the third round in the trilogy of World of Outlaws eDirt Racing Shootout events on CBS Sports Network, Cornell made a thrilling late-race move that landed him in (virtual) Victory Lane at The (virtual) Dirt Track at Charlotte.

Earning the fifth-starting position for the A-Main via preliminary events, Cornell stayed up front the entire race. He would swipe the lead away from Trent Ivey on a big slide job he threw in Turn 3 with just seven circuits remaining just as the caution waved.

As the field stepped on the throttle in Turn 4 for the restart, Cornell got the best jump of anybody, rocketing down the front stretch and into Turn 1 with a massive advantage over Nick Stroupe and Mike McKinney.

As the field went into a frenzy behind him, Cornell was smooth sailing out front in his Hoover Motorsports No. 50 Dirt Draft/ Lucas Oil/ P&W Sales/ Etchberger Transportation/ Black Diamond Chassis (virtual) Super Late Model. Untouched, he led the field back to the checkered flag for the win.

“Whenever that dang caution came out there, I was throwing stuff in here, man I was ticked,” Cornell responded. “That start, it was like I had some kind of nitrous button or something. I couldn’t ever do that again if I tried!”

Cornell crossed the finish line ahead of McKinney, Ivey, Matty Watkins, and Logan Seavey.

Above all, Cornell was thankful for his supportive sponsors and the opportunity to race on national television. “I can’t thank everybody enough that helps me with this deal. You guys for putting this on for us while this whole virus deal is going on is just super awesome. CBS, the World of Outlaws and everybody with them, I just can’t thank them enough,” Cornell said.

This Saturday, May 16, Kaeden Cornell is planning his return to real-world competition with the 2020 Season Opener at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo. The following weekend – May 22-23 – Cornell has his sights set on a doubleheader with the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series presented by Lucas Oil at Legit Speedway Park in West Plains, Mo.

For more information on these events, please visit www.LucasOilSpeedway.com and www.COMPDirt.com.

Kaeden Cornell and Hoover Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Dirt Draft, Cloverleaf Auto Repair, Choate Farms, D.R. Racing, Lucas Oil Products, Hatfield Racing Engines, Oil & Octane Shop, TruForm Race Products, Simpson Race Products, Black Diamond Chassis, Etchberger Transportation, P&W Sales, Tegeler Wrecker & Crane, Midwest Sheet Metal, Swift Springs, Chris Claunch Photography, SuperMoon Graphics, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Kaeden Cornell, please visit www.KaedenCornell.com. You can also connect with Kaeden Cornell on Facebook @KedenCornellRacing, on Twitter @KaedenCornell, and on Instagram @k50c.