Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nascar on Sunday

The great sport of Nascar returns and here is hoping it can recapture some of its fans. Warts and all, racing is a great sport dirt or pavement. Many who don't usually watch will tune in and meet the generation of racers. Four races in 11 days should be a real boost.

Racing at the best big NASCAR track in the country IMO.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Agreed!!!!

For me3:30 start time = noEssential worker promos and commercials = noCovid 19 commercials and hysteria = noNo practice beforehand = noWhen I finish off having a great day Sunday I may turn on TV around 7 and watch finish if (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing is still on. I probably will watch the weeknight races provided I don’t have to hear all the crying over the covid stuff

Not much of a race as I predicted. NASCAR should have an obligation to try and put on a good show for the fans. It just doesn’t happen anymore.

Bad race but they still had 6.3 million viewers

NASCAR had better bask in the glow of good ratings while they can. It's too bad the racing wasn't good enough to get some people to watch again.

Even the broadcast was pure garbage. They need more folks at the track and less masks. More celebrating wins, more family in victory lane.

Aside from the actual racing, not much to see (Masks). OTOH I would still rather see live Nascar racing than not. All sports are living a nightmare. At least dirt racing and Nascar are attempting to wade their way through it. I hate the masks, I think Gordon and Joy along with the others involved in the broadcast are doing the best they can!!

Lucas oil has a great broadcast. Drivers can have family in victory lane. Driver has own mic for interviews. As normal a production as u can see now. Indy car on nbc today. Last years 500 with Lee Duffy, Pagenaut and Rossi at Indy talking about the race as they show it. They are distanced but NO masks. Professionally done 👍

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...-pole/4796198/ pathetic rules now and spoilers on the cup cars. I think the qualifying record at Charlotte is in the mid 190 mph and now they are at 180mphI think the fun passenger drive around is at 160 ishNeedless to say this is getting boring and getting to be where most people could probably drive this car setup package pretty easily. Nothing special now a days. In 1965 they ran the GT 40 at 218 mph down the straightaway at LeMans.

I wish we could get that NASCAR audience to watch the East Bay race tonight on the Lucas oil Facebook page

I enjoyed all the racing this weekend Dirt and Nascar. I feel good to see it return. Hate there can be little or no fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...-pole/4796198/ pathetic rules now and spoilers on the cup cars. I think the qualifying record at Charlotte is in the mid 190 mph and now they are at 180mphI think the fun passenger drive around is at 160 ishNeedless to say this is getting boring and getting to be where most people could probably drive this car setup package pretty easily. Nothing special now a days. In 1965 they ran the GT 40 at 218 mph down the straightaway at LeMans.
    I would curious as to how many laps one would go down if they just jump in and started racing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I would curious as to how many laps one would go down if they just jump in and started racing lol.
    Give me that 1986 Elliott Thunderbird and a good pit crew and let’s see (how many laps ahead I’d be

Rajflyboy, THE most impressive performance of domination and speed in the history of NASCAR was at Talladega back in May of 1985. Bill Elliott lost 2 laps with an oil pump problem. The Elliott's got the problem solved and Bill commenced to make up nearly 2 full laps UNDER GREEN. It took Elliott from lap #48 to lap #145 to retake the lead. Elliott was running consistent laps of around 204 MPH and flat drove away from the lead draft consisting of 5 cars headed by Cale Yarborough. I remember watching that performance with my dad and we were both thinking the #9 car was doomed to finish way back in the running order. That was not at all how it turned out.

Some have made a big deal of arnhead coming from 18th to win in four laps back in 2000 at Talladega but Kenny Wallace was pushing arnhead in the draft every inch of the way. Restrictor plate racing was/is a joke and arnhead's win really didn't surprise anyone given that Wallace knew helping arnhead would help himself, too. Big difference! Elliott had no drafting help. He just had the fastest car by far. What Bill did was far more impressive and still has people scratching their heads as to how he was that fast.
    Last edited by CIRF; 05-25-2020 at 05:19 PM.

I watched that race and that was very impressive. Coming from over 2 laps back with no caution. You just don’t see that today.

1985 was a special year for Bill Elliott and his dad and brothers. That T-Bird was a rocket that whole season on the larger tracks. His lack of success on some the short tracks ended up being his achilles heel in regards to the Cup Championship but he was dam near unbeatable on the big tracks. I didn't really learn to appreciate just how good those T-Birds actually were until several years after that '85 season.

We ran into Bill Elliott at The Chili Bowl this past January and then again at a little restaurant in Daytona Beach a few hours prior to the start of the Monday running of the rained out Daytona 500 in February. Bill said he was quite impressed with The Chili Bowl when we asked him how he liked the Saturday alphabet soup and the A-main. He was very gracious and friendly on both occasions.

Is anyone watching the NASCAR races ? Bristol today.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Rajflyboy, THE most impressive performance of domination and speed in the history of NASCAR was at Talladega back in May of 1985. Bill Elliott lost 2 laps with an oil pump problem. The Elliott's got the problem solved and Bill commenced to make up nearly 2 full laps UNDER GREEN. It took Elliott from lap #48 to lap #145 to retake the lead. Elliott was running consistent laps of around 204 MPH and flat drove away from the lead draft consisting of 5 cars headed by Cale Yarborough. I remember watching that performance with my dad and we were both thinking the #9 car was doomed to finish way back in the running order. That was not at all how it turned out.

Some have made a big deal of arnhead coming from 18th to win in four laps back in 2000 at Talladega but Kenny Wallace was pushing arnhead in the draft every inch of the way. Restrictor plate racing was/is a joke and arnhead's win really didn't surprise anyone given that Wallace knew helping arnhead would help himself, too. Big difference! Elliott had no drafting help. He just had the fastest car by far. What Bill did was far more impressive and still has people scratching their heads as to how he was that fast.
    Bill was the only Ford driver I ever pulled for.....mainly because he was from Georgia and had a family owned team!

What made him so fast was that Ernie Elliot horsepower!It seems he went and bought all the 351 Cleveland heads he could find which were far superior to the Windsors!