Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 20,000 PLUS in June?

What does everyone think the odds are that a racetrack will be allowed to host 20,000 plus people this June?

Not very good.

It might be possible but location may play a big factor I certainly hope this sh!t has evaporated by then

I just hope I can go to a race in June if I’m not prison, rehab or a psych ward by then

Eldoras odds are not great.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I'm just hoping for August/September. I don't see anything happening before then.

My anxiety is through the roof with no racing, and no sports.

If we do get to a racing season, every track will be scheduling over each other. I will not attend any rescheduled races that impede upon a scheduled event. I don't think it is right what they are doing with the Slocum 50. All these rescheduled events are gonna do, is splinter the fields and send drivers out in search of a race to cherry pick.

Constitutionally these governors can't stop people from assembling. They're acting like they can now, but people will only take having their Constitutional rights taken away for so long. I would say before June these unconstitutional shut downs will have to end to avoid serious civil unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    If we do get to a racing season, every track will be scheduling over each other. I will not attend any rescheduled races that impede upon a scheduled event. I don't think it is right what they are doing with the Slocum 50. All these rescheduled events are gonna do, is splinter the fields and send drivers out in search of a race to cherry pick.
    As long as the races aren't too close to each other in the regions that they split up fans this isn't a bad thing. More opportunities for race teams to make some $$$.

Only Eldora and Knoxville can even hold 20k+ people, and I doubt the Dream actually gets 20k fans, even on a year with no pandemic. I doubt you see 20+ people at a dirt track until the Knoxville 410 Nationals in August.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Eldoras seating capacity is listed as 30,000 i though i read before that they had like 23,000 actual seats and 10,000 plus in general admission areas. I don't know about the dream but i can tell you the world was standing room only

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    MLRA is already scheduled to be at 34 the night the Slocum was rescheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Only Eldora and Knoxville can even hold 20k+ people.
    I'd add Charlotte to that list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I'd add Charlotte to that list as well.
    Wikipedia says 14k at Charlotte.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

this virus is no different than the threat of rain to a promoter. better have deep pockets because I don't see sponsors lining up in this market.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Didn't they take seats out at Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    I'm just hoping for August/September. I don't see anything happening before then.
    Really Terry? No racing at all before August? I think the Dream is doomed, but I think the World is safe! But we don't know yet! Crazy World these days!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy View Post
    What does everyone think the odds are that a racetrack will be allowed to host 20,000 plus people this June?
    Not likely. This pandemic is going to get a lot worse, before it starts to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Constitutionally these governors can't stop people from assembling. They're acting like they can now, but people will only take having their Constitutional rights taken away for so long. I would say before June these unconstitutional shut downs will have to end to avoid serious civil unrest.
    I'm gonna go ahead and call bull ---- on that statement. You should be able to go down to the hardware store and buy a new pistol or rifle while you're picking up fencing material or feed over the counter no questions asked. However, even in states with slightly less unconstitutional laws you still have to fill out forms and wait, show proof of residence, etc, etc, etc. People will stand around and not do a danged thing while their rights to defend home and family are eroded by the day unconstitutionally for decades. People are BEGGING to have their rights taken away and it's always done in the name of safety, what happened after 9-11? Yeah, you got it. There's a few Patriots out there that are willing to get buried for their rights but for the most part it's a pretty danged cowardly world that we live in. If there's civil unrest it will be because people are starving. Or because they think they can get away with robbing people with no consequence.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.