FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

May 15, 2020

William Blankenship Returns to Racing Action in New Excel Racing Chassis!

(MCMINNVILLE, TENNESSEE) For the first time since a violent flip in his season lid lifter in the ‘Cabin Fever Shakedown’ at Boyd’s Speedway halted his 2020 season back on February 1, William Blankenship is slated to return to racing action on Saturday, May 16 at the same Ringgold, Georgia facility. Armed with a brand-new Excel Racing Chassis – built by Lee Cooper in Greenville, South Carolina, William will chase the $1,000 winner’s check tomorrow night in the Crate Late Model division at the Chattanooga-area oval. A limited number of fans will be allowed at Boyd’s Speedway for the weekly show and you can find more information concerning this race online at www.boydsspeedway.info.

The #32 team is fresh off a successful test session earlier this week at the high-banked Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap, Tennessee. The speed William showed in his new Excel Racing Chassis has everyone excited not only for tomorrow’s race at Boyd’s, but also for the remainder of the 2020 campaign!

“I had a really good car last year, but straight out of the gate in that test session – I could feel the roll speed that the car had and it rotated better than anything I’ve ever driven,” quoted the sixteen-year-old upstart driver from McMinnville, Tennessee. “I’m very ready to get back to racing consistently, as this three month hiatus has been the longest that I have not raced since I was eight years old.”

“I want to thank all of our great sponsors for coming back on board this year and I need to especially thank Kirk Loudy from Envy Suspension for the wicked good shocks, along with Lee, Tim, and everyone at Excel for the new car they built us,” Blankenship went on to say. “It is a really nice piece. I also have to thank my mom and dad for their continued support and most importantly God for keeping me safe and for the opportunity to do what I love!”

Not only was William impressed with the new Excel Racing Chassis, but so was car builder Lee Cooper and shock guru Kirk Loudy. Both were in attendance Wednesday night at Bulls Gap for the practice session.

“Everyone at Excel is really excited to work with William with the release of our new car,” commented Cooper today. “He and his dad Jerry (Blankenship) are really great people and we appreciate their faith in us to build them their new ride. Testing went great on Wednesday at Bulls Gap and William showed great potential for our first outing together. We are excited to have him in our car in the middle and east Tennessee area and I believe his team will do our brand very well, as we try to build our name in the Late Model market.”

“From the last time William was at Bulls Gap, he really made huge strides,” exclaimed Loudy earlier this afternoon via telephone. “The test session went really well and William turned some great laps. The racecar itself is a really good piece and William just has to trust in his car and in himself. Envy Suspension is excited to work with William and Jerry again in 2020 – they are great people and the more experience William gets behind the wheel, the better the kid is going to be!”

You can keep up on the latest dirt concerning the William Blankenship Racing team all year long by pointing your Internet browser to www.WilliamBlankenship32.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com