Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear oversteer

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    That is true Billet, but i still like to talk SLMs if you all dont mind. Plus i still help here and there on other cars.

Also from what i am seeing so far, with these new Mods the set ups are virtually the same. Car weighs more, but the loads and stuff are close. We are running a zero index LR deal, heavy cage, and axle, with 300 lbs droop load currently.

I wanted to hang on another year in the Supers, but not in the cards but i am still buying lotto tickets LOL !

No LM, no man card

Sorry Joking but I had too

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    How are guys going about getting that little stagger? Run a 90 (or 28.5) on the RR?
    In my area most are running 3 92's and 1 90!

What is roll out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Agreed with regards to cj theirs alot of comparisons he makes that aren't apples to apples. In regards to the stagger theirs more Than one way to skin a cat. You can put a much stagger as you want in within reason of course and i can still make your stuff dumptruck tight. I new a very successful racer years ago that swore you only adjust stagger for the size and shape of the race track. He says the shadow and banking of the corner isn't changing why does the stagger need to. You could argue this from several angles but bottom line is they won alot of races in their time running the same stagger weather it was hammer down or dryslick and this was at a track that can be either way depending on prep that week
    CP Furney wrote a book on Hoosier tires many years ago. He stated you had to adjust stagger due to the track conditions causing more or less squish in the right side tires!

He was ahead of the times in his book. He had stagger tables based on turn radius's and rear track width.

fwiw......he was an engineer in the aluminum industry and had many patents working for Alcoa!

LOL @ Billet, its going to be different.

Roll out, as i call it, measuring around the tire with a tape. Usually a SLM tire is anywhere from 95 to 89 ish maybe.

A friend of mine bought one of them gauges (across the tire) nice bearing one that converts it to circumference, its kinda nice, but i just use a tape, kinda feel lost if i don't have one in my pocket at the track.

Most people, 99% prob use roll out, I just wanted to make sure that is how they measure it too.

Just say no...

get a set of Hammond setup plates and put the car at posture and start measuring. I've measured quite a few different cars and you'll be surprised what you can learn.

Imagine how detailed you get on a pull down rig.

Quote Originally Posted by CCHIEF View Post
    Imagine how detailed you get on a pull down rig.
    no doubt , i use an old frame machine from my old body shop to rig up a home made rig , its an old in the floor unit , some pulley,s , cable and come-a-longs and jacks work pretty well......