Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Tri-City (IL) - May 29th - UMP Late Models $5,000 & UMP Mods $1,500. 1200 fans

Per Gordy Gundaker on Facebook

Tri-City Speedway
    Granite City, IL

Friday, May 29th 2020

UMP Late Models - $5,000 to win
    UMP Modifieds - $1,500 to win

1,200 fans allowed.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

This is awesome...but isn’t there a fly in the ointment known as Pritzker?

Pritzker won't let this happen.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Pritzker can't keep his wife at home how's he going to make everyone else. Madison county voted to open up businesses (Tri-City speedway, Highland speedway) but the Gov. has threatened everyone to pull their licenses. He doesn't care about the state, just Chicago and the Madigan mob. There is a petition out to separate the state of Illinois from Chicago on the Nov ballot.

I’m not sure how local officials gave this a go. Especially with the 1200 fans part. I’ve been to Tri city, the grandstands ain’t that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Will sure be interesting. Will probably end up just like that race that was supposed to happen Indiana.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    He's not allowed to not let it happen. "Orders" are not laws that the police can enforce. If they do try to enforce them then can be sued in Federal court. It's really not that difficult to understand.

I got $10 that says it doesn't happen.

We got all this medical equipment now with no serious need for it so we're "donating" it to other countries. But for some reason these specific states aren't willing to budge. Florida has the third highest population and is opening to 50% Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    He's not allowed to not let it happen. "Orders" are not laws that the police can enforce. If they do try to enforce them then can be sued in Federal court. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Hey I agree with you. The problem is the ISP will likely "enforce" the "order" no matter what the county says, and no matter how unconstitutional it is. I'd love to go, but I don't want to drive 2.5 hours down there only to have the entrances blocked by state police.

I live in Illinois, so please excuse my plentiful pessimism lol.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Yea the state is threatening to pull anybody that doesn’t follow orders liquor license and business license so who knows...

Huskerdirt, I’m fairly certain the Frontstretch holds around 2500 people to the max...

This is true that orders are not laws but Governors absolutely have the right to pull a business license. How bad do the Gundakers want to fight this? It will cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in court battles with the state and will drag on for months.

Might depend on what happens between now and then. The stay at home order is supposed to end on the 30th which is the next day so they might not push it to hard but if fatzker extends the order beforehand then they may try to make an example out of them

The mayor in L.A. threatening to cut off power and water to businesses that don't comply.

I don't see this race happening. Not as long as this Governor is calling the shots for the whole State. The only way to stop this man is by a court order by the Sate Supreme Court. That is what happened to the Governor of Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    This is true that orders are not laws but Governors absolutely have the right to pull a business license. How bad do the Gundakers want to fight this? It will cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in court battles with the state and will drag on for months.
    The police took an oath to defend the Constitution and the laws only. Not unilateral orders from somebody trying to become a dictator. So the police own some of this chaos too, and the sad part is they are turning their backs on the party that supports them and enforcing unconstitutional orders from the party that despises them. Isn't it funny how when our civil rights are actually being trampled on the lawyers and the ACLU are nowhere to be found? Why aren't lawyers offering pro bono services to defend our Constitution? What law are the Gundaker's breaking by operating their business and what law are the patrons breaking by exercising their freedom of assembly? If people can have large protests in cities like they are all over the country, why can't people have protests at racetracks?

All this stuff about rights is just noise to these people. They will show up and do whatever they want including arresting people and taking licenses/permits then it’s up to you to fight them in court and see who runs out of money for lawyers first. It’s a sad deal. A business associate of mine runs a gaming parlor in Illinois and he received an email saying basically don’t try any funny stuff because the liquor license you have although it was issued by local authorities is still a state license subject to revocation by the state

That guy at Daugherty is example A.

On the other hand Kevin wasn’t born yesterday so he has some information we may not be privy to and he has some kind of angle or game plan

The promoter at Daugherty Speedway tried that too. They put barracades in the road, all kinds of stuff. Race didn't happen.