Thread: Wow!!!!

Default Wow!!!!

NASCAR has really gone to the shidter! Look at them bare stands!! Smh

Racers just driving around collecting cash. I only saw 3 or 4 laps of actual racing. You could find find 15 drivers at East Lincoln speedway that could put on a WAY better show than that

Forgot it was even on......darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Forgot it was even on......darn it!
    You didn’t miss much. 3:30 start time on east coast doesn’t help. I forget to watch too.

I watched the last 50 laps - absolute nothing ! I cannot see what people see in Nascar Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    I watched the last 50 laps - absolute nothing ! I cannot see what people see in Nascar Racing.
    Certainly not what it used to be.Thank god for Dirt Late model and other more grassroots racing.

Lord knows I've been as cynical and anti-NASCAR as anyone could ever be over the past 12 to 15 years. We watched about 75% of this race at Darlington and it was average, at best. That said, personally I'm willing to extend them the benefit of the doubt given that there was 0 laps turned in team preparation for this race. Let's see how things go on Wednesday and if it's as boring as yesterday's race was then criticism is more than warranted. The teams who didn't run up front will have a few days to better figure out the situation they're in and become more competitive.

A side note to the race itself is Jimmie Johnson's manners, dignity and class demeanor which continue to be quite impressive and likable. His car appeared early on to be capable of winning. He wrecked out coming to the yellow flag marking the completion of stage #1. It appeared that the #17 car unexpectedly checked up in front of JJ and as a result he wrecked out. He didn't blame anyone and in fact said he personally should have gone about the situation differently. There was ample room for blame that could have been directed towards the #17 car. No whining, no excuses, no pouting. It's these instances that set JJ apart from others who would probably have handled things in a much less dignified way. Great driver. Class human being. Hopefully JJ will have better luck Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Lord knows I've been as cynical and anti-NASCAR as anyone could ever be over the past 12 to 15 years. We watched about 75% of this race at Darlington and it was average, at best. That said, personally I'm willing to extend them the benefit of the doubt given that there was 0 laps turned in team preparation for this race. Let's see how things go on Wednesday and if it's as boring as yesterday's race was then criticism is more than warranted. The teams who didn't run up front will have a few days to better figure out the situation they're in and become more competitive.A side note to the race itself is Jimmie Johnson's manners, dignity and class demeanor which continue to be quite impressive and likable. His car appeared early on to be capable of winning. He wrecked out coming to the yellow flag marking the completion of stage #1. It appeared that the #17 car unexpectedly checked up in front of JJ and as a result he wrecked out. He didn't blame anyone and in fact said he personally should have gone about the situation differently. There was ample room for blame that could have been directed towards the #17 car. No whining, no excuses, no pouting. It's these instances that set JJ apart from others who would probably have handled things in a much less dignified way. Great driver. Class human being. Hopefully JJ will have better luck Wednesday.
    And exactly why races are boring now. It’s all happy happy sponsor garbage. The stands are empty now at many tracks in large part because of Sponsor bound JJ and JR and some of the other politically correct drivers collecting large paychecks without creating on track excitement and entertainment

I usually agree with CIRF on most everything, but to me it look liked JJ flat ran over the 17 car and almost turned him in the wall along with himself ! JMO which don't amount to much.

I usually agree with CIRF on most everything, but to me it look liked JJ flat ran over the 17 car and almost turned him in the wall along with himself ! JMO which don't amount to much.
    He isn’t what he used to be (maybe that’s a good thing)(maybe he will mix things up a bit more and be more exciting to watch)

castone, your opinion amounts to as much or more than anyone else's here, including mine. No. Especially mine! LOL!

I'm basing my thoughts on Jeff Gordon's expert opinion that the 17 checking up for whatever reason caused JJ to crash. I reckon only JJ knows. Gordon said later that what JJ said in his post crash interview was the words of a tried and true champion who maybe could have blamed someone but didn't. Gordon's words are what I based my opinion on. There's no denying that JJ isn't the driver today that won 5 championships in a row and 7 total. He doesn't create as much excitement on track as he once did.

I find it forever fascinating that so many people fault people like Jimmie for having manners, humility, class and dignity. They equate those virtues to boring or politically correct. It seems that gravitating towards a$$holes seems to be forever in vogue. Telling it like it is as often as not is a lame a$$ euphemism for someone being a mannerless a$$hole needlessly. I reckon it's a case of the yearning of a$$holes to be entertained by other a$$holes.
    Last edited by CIRF; 05-21-2020 at 09:44 AM.