Default Shock changes heat to feature.. Or changes in general

Are guys changing shocks between heats and feature much anymore? Are they setting car up for feature then just making it work in the heat? Seems like we used to change shocks more in the past. Last year I basically just changed the rf but not sure if I should be doing more? What about other changes through the night? Im getting ready to have shocks checked and rebuilt so that's why im asking. Some guys say they run the same four shocks all night unless its rough. Others have 10-12 shocks in there trailer. Im not big on changing a bunch of stuff through the night but that doesn't mean that's the best way. Thanks in advance.

It's really personal preference. Some make a lot of changes to shocks and others barely touch them thru the night.

There is really no right or wrong here, but a guy could argue that shock settings from tacky to slick most likely shouldn't be the same but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Any other thoughts or advice Billet?

Quote Originally Posted by Racerguy27 View Post
    Any other thoughts or advice Billet?
    Are you not allowed adjustable shocks? asking because it sort of sounds like your changing shocks instead of doing clicks like you don't have or are allowed adjustable.

I agree with billet but here is one way you can think of it. The shocks are timing devices they influence/control how fast weight transfers. At the beginning of the night or when the track is tacky/ fast you want to try to slow trasnfer especially from left to right. As the track slicks off through the night you want to promote that left to right transfer. Very general here obviously you need to combat your given handling situation but this is a good basic way of looking at it from a fundamental stand point

Jking24 thanks. Billet I have a modified but posted in latemodel wasn't thinking about the difference in shocks. Thanks guys