Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    Having this event as PPV only would be the worst case scenario. There is no way you can pay that giant 3 day purse with PPV audience. I am also one that hates watching races on TV and love the experience. This will most likely be rescheduled until October from everything I've been hearing here in Ohio.
    Tony Stewart is worth over 50 millions dollars and has numerous corporate sponsors. If they had to eat a 300k for this it would not be the end of world. Eldora makes a ton of profit year after year. I would think he could find some sponsor help easily if needed.

I've been thinking the week after the DTWC (22nd - 24th) for a while now. Both national series are off that weekend. Lucas is done & WoO is off until World Finals. Just a hunch on my part.

I have my tickets & will be there whether it's 90 or 40 out. Been to every one since 07 & don't plan to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    I've been thinking the week after the DTWC (22nd - 24th) for a while now. Both national series are off that weekend. Lucas is done & WoO is off until World Finals. Just a hunch on my part.

I have my tickets & will be there whether it's 90 or 40 out. Been to every one since 07 & don't plan to miss.
    You could be right, but if so, you're taking a huge chance with weather running it that late in the year. I can't imagine how cold it could be up there.

Just my opinion: October 22-24. Lucas is finished & WOO is off .
    Heck- I am like everyone else- waiting on an announcement!

Pennsboro - no doubt a chance of cold weather. That time of year would allow for day racing if needed (or at least a late afternoon start) to have better temp conditions. Track won't burn up as fast in cooler weather vs the hot summer June sun.

Not an ideal situation, but better than nothing. Covered stands would help keep things warmer under the roof for a decent portion of the crowd as well.

With the sales stopped as listed on their website it seems clear this will not happen in June. October sounds good to me!

The dirt late model worlds dream week!!

The only problem with having the Dream & world the same week would be with the camping reservations. Not everyone attends both races & different days for different folks who would be coming.
    How would Eldora jungle the camper reservations to be able to keep peace with all campers?
    FWIW: I don’t camp- & having nothing races the same week works for me- we check in on Monday prior to both races anyway.

All races in June have been taken off sale. So for sure moving things back. They ran in October last year for a race. Yes it was pretty cold for camping.

I think they are just waiting it out to try to race on scheduled days. I got a pair of tickets yesterday just in case it’s a limited crowd event. I usually just buy when I show up but I would feel pretty stupid if I couldn’t go because I didn’t buy my tickets in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Per website pit passes camping reserved are all have stopped. no ticket sales.
    Yep and they have also stopped selling tickets for the September .6 Baltes classic
    but they are still selling tickets for the World September 10-12.

That leads me to think they might be thinking about having both shows together
    (Dream & World ) instead of the Baltes.
    if Ohio Gov. wont let them open in June.
    Last edited by DLC; 05-19-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Odd thing is you can still buy tickets for Kings Royal in mid July.

Like stated above, he might be onto something where 2 back to back Eldora big money weekends for latemodel. I don't see happening like that but anything possible these idiocy days

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Like stated above, he might be onto something where 2 back to back Eldora big money weekends for latemodel. I don't see happening like that but anything possible these idiocy days
    Lucas would obviously have to reschedule the Hillbilly 100.

That is why I was thinking the October weekend. Cause of the Lucas & WoO schedule. Of course everything is in flux this year but I'm sure they would want to clear a weekend of the major tour events before putting the Dream on that weekend.

Old school Dream and World week in September......Dream would be qualify Wednesday race on Thursday, World qualify Friday race on Saturday.
    Last edited by JayD; 05-19-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Isn't it the $50k race at Port Royal then the week before the World the Hillbilly and Knoxville the week after the World?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Isn't it the $50k race at Port Royal then the week before the World the Hillbilly and Knoxville the week after the World?
    Port Royal, Hillbilly, World, Knoxville

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Port Royal, Hillbilly, World, Knoxville
    That Lucas Schedule from I80 to the end of the year is just ridiculously stacked. Then throw in WoO with PDC and USA Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    That Lucas Schedule from I80 to the end of the year is just ridiculously stacked. Then throw in WoO with PDC and USA Nationals.
    That stretch from I-80 to Knoxville is the absolute best time of the year.

I-80, PDC, USA Nats, North South, Topless, Port Royal, Hillbilly, World, Knoxville.

9 straight weekends of $40,000+