FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 18, 2020

Chris Ferguson Anxious for Return to Racing this Week
Lucas Oil Tripleheader at Golden Isles on Deck

MT. HOLLY, N.C. (05/18/20) – It’s been over two months since Chris Ferguson got behind the wheel of his Diff-Tran Machining No. 22 K and K Trucking/ Live Oak Aesthetic and Family Dentistry Super Late Model. That hiatus ends this week.

Beginning Tuesday, a tripleheader at Golden Isles Speedway (Brunswick, Ga.) kicks off a two-week stint of mid-week events for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS), dubbed the Lucas Oil Reopening Tour.

“We’ve always ran good at Golden Isles so I’m excited to see what we can do there,” said Ferguson. “It’s going to be an exciting three days of racing and I hope that fans will tune in and support these events.”

One of the more memorial moments of Ferguson’s career came at Golden Isles Speedway in 2015. Following a back-and-forth battle with Dennis Franklin for the top spot, Chris took the lead for good on the 30th lap and cruised the rest of the way for a $10,000 payday.

Since then, Ferguson has found himself in contention at several other events contested at the 4/10-mile, red clay oval. Unfortunately, random bad luck has yielded some disappointing results. He’s confident that won’t be the case this week.

“Our crew has been working their butts off getting this car back running like we want it to. I can’t thank them enough for all their hard work. We had a good start to the season before the pandemic and I’m looking forward to picking up that momentum again.”

Three single day events, each paying $7,000-to-win, will take at Golden Isles Speedway on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday May 19th, 20th, and 21st. All three events will include a complete program of Time Trials, Heat Races, B-Mains, and a 40-lap A-Main.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, these events will be fan-less. However, fans will still have the opportunity to watch all the action LIVE on LucasOilRacing.TV or on the LOLMDS Facebook page (@lucasdirt) at 7:30 p.m. ET each night.

For more information on these upcoming events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com.

Above all, Ferguson is grateful for his marketing partners and their continued support. “I can’t thank my sponsors enough for sticking with us through all of this. It’s been difficult for everyone but we’re just happy to be going back to the track.”

Chris Ferguson would like to thank all of his marketing partners, including Diff Tran Machining, K and K Trucking, Keith’s Handyman Services, The Racing Warehouse, Live Oak Aesthetic and Family Dentistry, Heckles Plumbing LLC, Carolina Roofing and Gutters, Little Mountain Farm, Troy Swindell Trucking, Carver and Sons Roofing, Dirt Trackin’ App, Western Clean Up Corporation, Rosewood Assisted Living, Beaux-Tie Limousine Service, Tom Bennington, Vinson Sims Construction, Xceldyne Technologies, Schaeffers Oil, Dynamic Custom Metal Works, On Point Polishing and Detailing, DirtCarLift.com, Fox Racing Shocks, Jerico Performance Products, RM Solutions, Peach State Truck Equipment, Sweet Bloomquist Race Cars, Buzze Racing, Sweet Manufacturing, Big A's Custom Graphics, ASI Racewear, Hoosier Racing Tires by Bryan, Harkey Racing, Joes Racing Products, K&N Performance Filters, Fluidyne High Performance, Indocil Art , Frankland Rear-Ends, Bell Racing USA, Hypercoil Springs, Brinn Transmissions, Weld Racing, Go Lithium, Dynamic Drivelines, Outerwears Pre-Filters, ButlerBuilt Motorsports Equipment, All Star Performance, Motorstate, FK Rod Ends, Fragola Performance Systems, VP Racing, Hooker Harness, Stock Car Steel and Aluminum Inc., SRI Supplies, SRI Performance, Clements Racing Engines, Waterman Racing Components, Pro Fabrication Headers, Performance Bodies,, Tadpole Fabrication, NecksGen, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.”