FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 19, 2020

Cory Hedgecoc k Runner-Up in Spring Sizzler at 411
Four-Race East Tennessee Swing this Weekend

LOUDON, Tenn. (05/19/20) – While Saturday’s Spring Sizzler at 411 Motor Speedway didn’t end in a win for Cory Hedgecoc k and his team, Hedgecoc k left happy with his runner-up finish to fellow Volunteer State driver Jimmy Owens.

“I think we had a car to win, but running second to the hottest driver in the country right now, I’ll take that any day,” said Hedgecoc k. “One of his guys signaled for him to move up and it took my line away and that gave him the faster line, too. I think we were going to be quick enough in one and two to get a run on him and maybe try to slide him in [turn] three.”

A stout field of 35 entries converged at the 3/8-mile oval. To start the night, Hedgecoc k drove his E-Z-GO No. 23 Valley Transport/ Budget Transmissions/ Rocket Chassis/ Eagle Racing Engine Super Late Model to the top of the charts in Time Trials before placing fourth in the Dash.

Starting the $5,000-to-win A-Main in fourth, Cory overtook Casey Roberts for second on lap six and drew close to Owens several times throughout the 40-lapper but was never able to pull alongside the eventual winner. Hedgecoc k maintained the second spot to the finish, with Josh Rice, Kent Robinson, and Roberts completing the Top-5.

For more results from this event, please visit www.411MotorSpeedway.net.

The upcoming Memorial Weekend has Hedgecoc k set to enter a four-race swing across East Tennessee. Action opens up on Friday night at Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap) before moving to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville) on Saturday night. Sunday night will find the team at Crossville Speedway before closing out the weekend with the Iron-Man Championship Series at 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour) on Monday night.

“We’ve got a really busy weekend ahead and I hope we can turn this momentum into a win,” Hedgecoc k added. “Thanks to my team, my sponsors, and my fans for their continued support. I’m happy to be back to racing.”

For more information on the weekend’s events, please visit www.VolunteerSpeedway.com, www.SmokyMountainSpeedway.com, www.CrossvilleSpeedway.com, and www.411MotorSpeedway.net.

Cory Hedgecoc k would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include E-Z-GO, Valley Transport, Pace Performance, Rocket Chassis, Five Star Hyundai, Eagle Racing Engines, K&P Used Cars, Hidden View Lake, Budget Transmissions, VP Racing Fuels, VooDoo Technology, Timeless Memories Photography, Hoosier Racing Tires, CFYA, Wells Racing Photography, Strange Oval Racing, High Velocity Heads, Crowder Small Engines, Jesel Valve Train Innovation, QuickCar, Bicknell Racing Products, MSD Ignition, CV Products, CP Pistons, Boydbilt, Ohlins Shocks, Winters Performance, Integra Shocks & Springs, Brucebilt Performance, Wiles Driveshafts, Simpson Race Products, Martel Signs, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

Visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgecoc k23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/coryhedgecoc k23/ and https://twitter.com/Hedgecoc k23 often for the latest team updates.