Default 3 AL. Dirt Tracks Raced Sat Night-Opinions?

3 Alabama dirt tracks raced last Saturday night. As far as I know the ban on entertainment venues was still very much in effect, maybe I am in error.

The 3 tracks.
    1. Thunder Valley Speedway-Winfield
    2. Tri-County Speedway-Pollard
    3. Deep South Speedway-Loxley

From what I have heard is that the car count and fan count were good. The Gov. of Alabama was going to address the status of theaters and race tracks this week.

What is your opinion of these tracks running? Were they ok to run or being restless?

The track I announce at, TST, is waiting for the official green light to race.
    Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Late Model Mark

If the car count and fan count were good that’s all the opinion you need.

If my local tracks were racing tomorrow I'd go.

easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Our governor is power grabbing knowing she isnt running for re-election. I wouldnt hold my breath to give the green light tomorrow either. Weather permitting were taking our money out of state racing this weekend

ivy is to old , its the people around her that is pulling the strings , i have nothing against her personally and i did vote for her , but the way that deal worked out , i , along with the rest of the party had no choice , as far as opening , i think you should look at the surrounding area , talladega county has no deaths and very low cases , lets race...........

Default AL is broke

Small Alabama City Says It’s Broke, Files for Bankruptcy
    (Bloomberg) -- The small city of Fairfield, Alabama, filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday, a rare step by a municipality that comes as local budgets across the nation are upended by the coronavirus pandemic.

The city’s filing in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama listed assets and liabilities between $1 and $10 million. A resolution signed by Mayor Eddie J. Penny included with the bankruptcy filing noted that Fairfield had “exhausted its options” after years of working to shore up its finances.

“The city has faced a substantial decline in revenues in recent years due to economic forces beyond its control,” the resolution says. It was unclear whether the shutdowns intended to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus in the U.S. worsened the city’s financial problems.

Located about eight miles (12 kilometers) from Birmingham, Fairfield is a mostly African-American community with about 11,000 residents. About one-fifth live in poverty, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The city is located in Jefferson County, which went bankrupt in 2011.

It's a free country (well, some of it now). If you want to go, then go. If not, stay home. Everybody needs to mind their own business and do whatever they want to do.

I am definately ready to go back to a local track, with say 12 to 15 hundred local folks. I'd be in the stands in a heartbeat... A big event with 20 thousand plus, from all over the country (globe), not so much....
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

hoosier , fairfield has been broke for years , ever since the late mayor , larry langford suckered the city into building his pet project called vision land , he later wound up in prison for embezzlement and later died.......

dont forget bulldozing BIR

according to Al state officials , sports venues are open to practice tomorrow , time for that pre season practice session , or maybe a couple of them , what you think mark ?

We are going to practice on the 30th. ( I wish we were racing instead of practicing as I feel other tracks are getting the jump on us and going to tracks where they can make some $$$) We will race the following week.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer With Rust On The Vocal Chords.

I've solved B'hams racing problem (If I could get someone with money involved.)

Build a half-mile paved track at Barber's, using the existing parking lots. Barber only races about four times a year (and daylight only) so there would be minimal conflicts.

I would go.

Guys we could literally tell any news reporter that showed up that we wear goggles and face coverings normally to enhance our viewing experience. They wouldn't know that not everybody always does. They don't care what us hillbillies are doing for the most part and would be none the wiser.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Jefferson County, of which I reside in, has a non-elected, appointed person, who thinks he knows more than everybody and has his appointed chest all bowed up, he has made the decision to not allow any race tracks in Jeffco County to run. Chump deluxe. That means at least 2 tracks, Sayre Speedway and Lassiter Mountain Dragway can't race. No wonder why I drink more these days,lol.

LMM