Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 4 wide salutes have wore out their welcome...

And having one without fans is ridiculous

I disagree. Sorry.

They wore out there welcome a long time ago. They should only be done at major events, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    They wore out there welcome a long time ago. They should only be done at major events, if at all.
    Like the "Wave" lap. it's a little stale.

However, the Pittsburgher has a 6 wide - still a thrill.

theyve trickled down to crate now too, which is ridiculous. 24 truck motors dont get me fired up

I just assume go racing 1 lap sooner. I don’t need the 4 wide parade lap for Late Models.

Yes they've worn out their welcome.

Disagree. As a driver I love the 4 wide salute. Gets the adrenaline pumping right in time for the green flag to fly.

I agree they only should be done at major events if at all.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

In my opinion, its like the NASCAR boys doing burnouts after winning. I know its for the drifting age crowd, but my old butt doesn't get excited watching. Old fart syndrome I guess.

Yea the burnout crap is old. Remember when all 100 lap races had drivers come out on the front straight away for driver intro's ? Drove me nutz, especially when rain was in the area, or I had a 2 to 3 hr drive home on a work night. If they work the corners before the start you need them to make a few laps up there to smooth and pack it somewhat. The 4 wide is only a couple extra laps,. If they do it, ok. If they don't, that's OK too.

Used to think the 4 wide was great but it has waned as I've gotten older. Then I remember there's probably new fans there who are seeing one live for the first time and I get over it remembering back to when I was mesmerized by the sight and sound of it all.

Maybe one wide could be the new fad!!!!

I’m there to see 4 wide open carb butterflies.

I've probably posted this before but, I dont mind it for big events but it's done everywhere now. Its sad watching a 2-2 and a half row 4 wide salute for a 2-3k to win race.

Also when did the every driver needs a nick name thing start? I've probably posted about this before too but I'm not going thru 12 years of posts to double check. I know drivers have always had nick names, usually the best nationally and regionally, but now dam near every driver has 1. Hearing "Ziggy" 40 times in the last 10 laps of last nights race made me think of this.

Quote Originally Posted by EDERDS View Post
    And having one without fans is ridiculous
    The four wide salute is not to show the veteran fans a good time it is about the younger generation of fans getting those goose bumps that you used to get. Let it go and let everyone enjoy what you did at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    The four wide salute is not to show the veteran fans a good time it is about the younger generation of fans getting those goose bumps that you used to get. Let it go and let everyone enjoy what you did at one time.
    Well said. There’s a few things tracks can do to speed the program up. I don’t have a problem with a fan friendly salute that takes maybe 60 seconds to complete.

Leave it for the World of Outlaws sprint cars

Oh come on. Maybe they are doing it for your seven year old and not for you. You ever think about that? Plus when you do it it gives you a couple laps to pack the top and the bottom. something that some tracks just plain old don't do. Matter of fact our local track should do it every week because they ain't about to send a pack truck out there after roll in.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.