Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Neal

Default O'Neal

Well after 2 yrs of waiting and saying the kid will be running for the championship it looks like it's just not going to happen. A top ten run for him is something special, would have put money on this kid to. I guess that's why they call it a gamble. Don better keep a stack of tear offs on his helmet so he can try to save this ride for Hudson. He loses this one and I don't think you'll see another deal come down the road for him. Let the bashing begin.

He needed a ton more seasoning before going touring.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

He may need a few weeks to get things together. Time off for Corona mess may have had an affect on the youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    He needed a ton more seasoning before going touring.
    Agreed. If I remember correctly, he went from crates straight to the world 100, then the Lucas tour, correct? He needed a year or two running local/regional super stuff IMO.

The problem is not on Hudson it is on MastersBilt to get their chassis lined out. The cars look like the Rayburns have for the past few years. Someone needs to pull the anchor up as the cars have no speed.

hudson was solid in the ssi ride. its the car, the beeman ride has never been consistent

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    The problem is not on Hudson it is on MastersBilt to get their chassis lined out. The cars look like the Rayburns have for the past few years. Someone needs to pull the anchor up as the cars have no speed.
    Agreed the cars have not had speed since the mbh stuff and that was all because of huey not tader. But its not hard to get behind look at Stuckey and pearson. This one doesent fall on Hudson just yet

I truly believe the problem is the arrow not the Indian in this case...

My dad and I were just talking about this last night while watching the race. It looks to me that he his lacking speed in that Mastersbilt.
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Whatever it is I hope the kid finds it. I always try to pay attention when he is on track.

Give it a little bit before you count them out. Tader will find speed and we all know Hudson can drive. They just haven't been on tour in a few years and it's hard getting things going against those guys. They'll find something that's easier to work with no matter where they pull in to give them a baseline starting point. Those guys are smart and have a lot of smart people supporting them. Last night was just like starting the season over again. They've only ran 4-5 races this season anyway. I wouldn't be screaming "a top 10 run for him is something special" just yet.

Can we see the list of guys who are winning nationally in a MasterSbilt chassis? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Can we see the list of guys who are winning nationally in a MasterSbilt chassis? TIA
    I can show you a boat load of them from the past but none in the last 5 years+. There is a very short window to turn this thing around or Huddy will miss an opportunity that could be detrimental to his career.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    I can show you a boat load of them from the past but none in the last 5 years+. There is a very short window to turn this thing around or Huddy will miss an opportunity that could be detrimental to his career.
    I was being facetious. Believe me, I’m well aware of the previous drivers, including several of my all-time favorites. But this is now. The Masters are playing catch-up and they have to do it quickly. Odds are, with their history of success, they’ll be competitive. But if it doesn’t happen, it won’t be because Hudson suddenly can’t drive or is in over his head.

I hope they do turn it around. Not just for o'neal's sake but for masters as well. I'd love to see them make a rebound and not go the way grt did. I know those cars can still be competitive on a local level but i think they have some catching up to do on the national scene.

I think the racing in general would be more interesting if we had more Chasis brands to follow on the National level. Right now- it’s predominantly Rocket then longhorns. It would be cool to see Mastersbuilt, Black Diamond, Bloomquist, Krptonite, Laser, Swartz & the others with more cars out there mixing it up in the series & Crown Jewels. CJ Rayburn use to say” they always come back- but unfortunately in his case- in the end they didn’t. Right now Rocket has the market covered & hats off to Mark Richards & Steve Baker for the company they have built! Personally, I would like to see more diversity. In the past- these things have went in cycles- but the guys in West Virginia have it together as of now. Who knows what might be “the next best thing.”

When was the last time a MasterSbilt racecar won a Lucas Oil race? Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    When was the last time a MasterSbilt racecar won a Lucas Oil race? Just wondering...
    No idea. Gilpin was almost good enough to win the World a few years ago. Probably whatever year one last ran the whole tour.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

"I think the racing in general would be more interesting if we had more Chassis brands to follow on the National level. Right now- it’s predominantly Rocket then longhorns. It would be cool to see Mastersbuilt, Black Diamond, Bloomquist, Krptonite, Laser, Swartz & the others with more cars out there mixing it up in the series & Crown Jewels."

My thoughts exactly....and I would throw in Barry Wright and his Icon chassis as well. Nothing against Rocket, I am a big fan, but it seems like they and Longhorn have command of the market nationally. However, there is plenty of room on the regional level for the rest. All those other brands have shown success over the years.

On any given night any good chassis can win if the right people are behind it the problem becomes when said good chassis gets wrecked and you need it fixed or a new one just like it. The boutique guys build quality pieces and with the right guy tweaking on them they can all win. But it's hard to keep the big names both regionaly and nationally coming back if you can't provide volume and consistency. Especially in the parts department