Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora will there be two Dream races next year?

Tony is The Dream rescheduled or was it canceled, will the 2020 race be run next year along with the 2021 Dream? If not that means it was canceled. If there will not be two Dreams next year you should refund tickets to everyone rather than offering exchanges for future events. Inquiring minds want to know.

You really need to read things clearer the ticket you have for this year are good for next year

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    You really need to read things clearer the ticket you have for this year are good for next year
    Yes I know that, you should also read my post clearer. If there will be two dreams next year that’s fine if there will only be one then he needs to refund the fans.

The 26th Dream which was scheduled for this year will be run in 2021. I highly doubt they run two 125k races in June next year.

Eldora never issues refunds that way they guarantee have your $ so you come back. That's why I rarely reserve anything with them. Only time is closer to time.

This years Dream isnt canceled, next years is. The Big E HATES to refund money.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

No, there's not going to be two dreams next year.

Then it's canceled but they put rescheduled that way they don't have to issue refunds. I know one year I had to make 3 trips over just to get the race in as it kept raining out.

They will hold your money a year and draw interest on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trax53 View Post
    They will hold your money a year and draw interest on it.
    HAHA... I was thinking the same. Tony's accountant is looking into a couple high yield funds

I have never been to a dirt track in my life that refunds money. Been going over 30 years.

Moved my tickets to world weekend over the phone.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Waldo apparently you never been to a rain out or bought reserved seats or bought advanced tickets through woo as I been going many years to and unfortunately things happen. Even fairbury issues/ gives options on refunds if they have to cancel pdc this year. Eldora is the only track I've been to that never does refund. I've took loses on money over the years because of it. That's why I refuse to do anything reserved with them.

I am learning the hard way about Eldora. I have been refunded several tickets this year because of Covid 19 and the fact that I am old. Eldora doesn't give a darn about the special factors involved in 2020. I will never reserve seats there again either and as a result probably won't go because it is impossible to get a decent seat there when you show up on race weekend because the pits in the infield partially block the view from most places.

They will keep you there til 6am if they have to, to avoid refunds. That gets rougher to deal with the older you get.
    When I was younger, heck yeah, put the coffee on and lets get the show in, I was all for it. That gets a little rougher when your stamina aint what it used to be.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Don't the tickets say no refunds?

This board used to be so fun to read. Now it's a big pile of junk with nonstop complaining.

Have you actually called Eldora yourself to inquire about a refund jwel or are you just going off a past experience? I find it hard to believe they wouldn't work with certain folks on an individual basis if they are considered high risk during a time like this.

Heres my thoughts ont he whole process. My guess is every major dirt track event that gets lost to covid this year will do this exact same thing. I would guess you get charged a penalty or fee through your bank or ticket processor for every time you do a refund. Then you'd get charge yet another credit card fee next year when you have to process a new payment. Then more money spent on envelopes and stamps to mail again. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out why they 'rescheduled' it instead of 'canceled'.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Waldo apparently you never been to a rain out or bought reserved seats or bought advanced tickets through woo as I been going many years to and unfortunately things happen. Even fairbury issues/ gives options on refunds if they have to cancel pdc this year. Eldora is the only track I've been to that never does refund. I've took loses on money over the years because of it. That's why I refuse to do anything reserved with them.
    I’ve received refunds from Farmer City WOO and Lasalle.

Quote Originally Posted by jwel View Post
    I am learning the hard way about Eldora. I have been refunded several tickets this year because of Covid 19 and the fact that I am old. Eldora doesn't give a darn about the special factors involved in 2020. I will never reserve seats there again either and as a result probably won't go because it is impossible to get a decent seat there when you show up on race weekend because the pits in the infield partially block the view from most places.
    That’s why Eldora and Tony say The Dream is postponed instead of canceled, I guess they think people are stupid which unfortunately is true in a lot of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracer12m View Post
    This board used to be so fun to read. Now it's a big pile of junk with nonstop complaining.

Have you actually called Eldora yourself to inquire about a refund jwel or are you just going off a past experience? I find it hard to believe they wouldn't work with certain folks on an individual basis if they are considered high risk during a time like this.

Heres my thoughts ont he whole process. My guess is every major dirt track event that gets lost to covid this year will do this exact same thing. I would guess you get charged a penalty or fee through your bank or ticket processor for every time you do a refund. Then you'd get charge yet another credit card fee next year when you have to process a new payment. Then more money spent on envelopes and stamps to mail again. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out why they 'rescheduled' it instead of 'canceled'.
    That's the way of the world today. Everybody is looking for something to complain about, a feel sorry for me card.