Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    .02% isn't nothing. It only takes 50 million cases at .02% fatality rate to reach 1 million deaths. Wearing a mask should be treated like wearing a seatbelt right now.
    I got 10,000 based on these numbers. 50,000,000 x .0002

2% is .02
    .02% is .0002
    JCM

I don't wear a mask nor a seatbelt and I'm still alive.

When I went to school Iowa actually had a great education system.... sure seems they need some help now! I believe Fred Horn was from Marion, maybe he can go over and tutor someone for us!

What percentage of the US population do you think we need to have antibodies in order to reach herd immunity. I haven't heard anything less than 60% and that's wildly conservative. With the high R value, it's likely closer to 80-90%. Let's say it's 60% to reach herd immunity. US population is ~330 million. 330 million * .6 = 198 million people needing to be infected to reach herd immunity. Now let's say that it's a blanket .02% fatality rate, which we know is only true for the younger people. 198 million * .02 = 3.96 million deaths.
    Sir 1 percent is 1.0 Now start all over and get this right, and throw your liberal bias out the window!100 percent is 100.0 get it?

What percentage of the US population do you think we need to have antibodies in order to reach herd immunity. I haven't heard anything less than 60% and that's wildly conservative. With the high R value, it's likely closer to 80-90%. Let's say it's 60% to reach herd immunity. US population is ~330 million. 330 million * .6 = 198 million people needing to be infected to reach herd immunity. Now let's say that it's a blanket .02% fatality rate, which we know is only true for the younger people. 198 million * .02 = 3.96 million deaths.
    198,000,000 x .0002 = 39,600. No wonder why you thought this was going to be the end of the world lol

Guys stop....I'm in tears over here.

Lmao.

Thanks for the afternoon lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    198,000,000 x .0002 = 39,600. No wonder why you thought this was going to be the end of the world lol
    Every time I see his post I think of the song from R. E. M...........with him banging on the keyboard teaching us about arithmetic, state law and schooling everyone in art of debate.

All the while that song blaring in the background turned up to eleven.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

What percentage of the US population do you think we need to have antibodies in order to reach herd immunity. I haven't heard anything less than 60% and that's wildly conservative. With the high R value, it's likely closer to 80-90%.

Let's say it's 60% to reach herd immunity. US population is ~330 million. 330 million * .6 = 198 million people needing to be infected to reach herd immunity. Now let's say that it's a blanket .02% fatality rate, which we know is only true for the younger people. 198 million * .02 = 3.96 million deaths.
    Hey (chicken little) stop the fear mongering. If this has you that worried go hide in the cupboard.

Oh and lib McCarter while you are in the cupboard don't forget your seat belt and mask. The sky is falling you better hurry. For me, I take measures like washing my hands and not touching my face as was recommended by the sane virus experts. Other than that I fought a war as many others have to protect my freedom. That is spelled FREEDOM!!! I don't want whinny butt liberals telling me what to do

Speaking of touching your face. Where I work has started making us wear masks since we went back a couple weeks ago. all kinds of new rules. All of them the dumbest thing ive ever heard. I bet I touch my face 300 more times in those 8 hours than I ever have. Soon as I hit the door its gone

Quote Originally Posted by racedad11 View Post
    Speaking of touching your face. Where I work has started making us wear masks since we went back a couple weeks ago. all kinds of new rules. All of them the dumbest thing ive ever heard. I bet I touch my face 300 more times in those 8 hours than I ever have. Soon as I hit the door its gone
    Masks are just to make folks feel good. Feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Guys stop....I'm in tears over here.

Lmao.

Thanks for the afternoon lol.

The only .02 Mccarter knows, is that is the worth of his opinion!(pennies of course)

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    The only .02 Mccarter knows, is that is the worth of his opinion!(pennies of course)
    His opinion is worth .02% which is 0.0002

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I don't wear a mask nor a seatbelt and I'm still alive.
    And some people shoot heroin and live. Then one day they OD and die.

Where do you come up with these awful comparisons ?
    Last edited by jr29; 05-28-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Sir 1 percent is 1.0 Now start all over and get this right, and throw your liberal bias out the window!100 percent is 100.0 get it?
    1% is .01. Think of it like pennies. .01 is 1 cent. Save up 100 of them little jokers and voila....you have $1.00

Disease is not killing a lot of people. It is killing some people. Many older unhealthy people. Many things cause people to die. Sure the disease is a problem and we should be cautious, but the Libs are making an election platform at of it pretending that they are protecting life, while the Reps are killing people and don't care. As usual, the left throws out their bull carp lies and the lib followers obey. I choose freedom as I said. I don't need anyone telling me how to live.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Disease is not killing a lot of people. It is killing some people. Many older unhealthy people. Many things cause people to die. Sure the disease is a problem and we should be cautious, but the Libs are making an election platform at of it pretending that they are protecting life, while the Reps are killing people and don't care. As usual, the left throws out their bull carp lies and the lib followers obey. I choose freedom as I said. I don't need anyone telling me how to live.
    It's killed over 100,000. That's a lot to me.
    And Icare a great deal for the older people in my family. I respect them enough to limit my activity around them and to wear a mask when I have to be around them. No one is telling me to. It's a choice I make because I care about these folks.
    And I ain't listening to anything about the left throwing out lies and followers obeying. Not after the right keeps lining up with the president after his nonsense through this whole thing.
    Last edited by jr29; 05-28-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    And some people shoot heroin and live. Then one day they OD and die.

Where do you come up with these awful comparisons ?
    I don't think I was making a comparison. More a statement