Default Fairbury / FALS Illinois question

I attended tha FALS race last year for the first time . Planning on going again this year but what's going on with Illinois opening up ? Living in South Dakota we don't here much about what each state is doing . They seem to not be opening from what I've read on the forums . Anybody think they will be racing by July ? I need to get plane tickets this next month . Just looking for a little insight . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
    I attended tha FALS race last year for the first time . Planning on going again this year but what's going on with Illinois opening up ? Living in South Dakota we don't here much about what each state is doing . They seem to not be opening from what I've read on the forums . Anybody think they will be racing by July ? I need to get plane tickets this next month . Just looking for a little insight . Thanks
    its a political war between governor vs trump. wouldn't bet on fals in july this year.

if you haven't been to silver dollar nationals make that trip instead if Nebraska is open.

Yes our illinois governor is anti everything. Events throughout the summer are being cancelled. We will keep you updated, but I don't expect much to happen in Illinois this year. In the meantime, Illinois racefans are traveling to Missouri and Wisconsin spending money there to watch racing.

Are July 4th fireworks have been canceled. even 1 of the biggest shows has canceled. One of the biggest music events the week after pdc has been cancelled. Also my business we go to trade shows an 1 is in ikkinios the week before pdc and it's been cancelled an I haven't heard the latest on curls plan that he's trying to pass if it's gained momentum or not. But it's not looking good at all. Unfortunately we won't know on a decision til 2 or 3 weeks beforehand.

The track in East Moline posted that they are going to race without fans once we get to "Phase Three" (I think it's the end of the month), but I haven't heard anything from Farmer City or FALS, so it makes me wonder. Maybe we're going to still be under the individual county's interpretation of what can and can't take place. As mentioned, it seems as if the surrounding states are passing us by...very demoralizing.