Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I think the part that has people up in arms is let's cancel this event without putting in certain specifics but yet schedule a different 3 day event in it's place
    I’d rather watch a 3 day event on PPV not called the dream than sit at the house doing nothing.

I haven’t seen any releases of a replacement race being scheduled yet?
    All you former Eldora lovers who have now become haters just continue to show your bitterness and boycott the Big E. Will leave more room for the rest of us to enjoy!!

If you go back and read every reply in this post- most are negative/pessimistic. It’s a great reflection of what’s wrong with our country today! Negativity, bitterness, pessimism, hatred, jealousy- and ect. As today is Memorial Day and we honor/remember those who have served and all who were wounded or lost their lives fighting for our freedom: is today’s attitudes what they were fighting for?? If everyone could just chill out 10% - it would help tremendously!!

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Yeah people don't see the business side of things. Between losing the food permits liquor licenses as it's not just 1. you get local state and federal and would the track insurance be valid? I bet not.
    They're not allowed to pull your licenses. Why can't you understand that? There's no law stating that businesses cannot operate so they wouldn't be doing anything illegal.

foxfire, those very freedoms are what the Dem politicians and liberals are trying to take away from all of us forever and the racetracks like Eldora are going right along with them.

What do you mean they're not allowed to? Doesn't say their going to but it's possible. They have the authority to pull, suspend or whatever with a driver's license if they feel the need to. Not that much difference.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nap...amp/2875144001

Gear Head

If you were the sole owner of Eldora facilities- what would you have done concerning the Dream ??

i hope they dont have a race. let the cars go to a track that can have fans at it.

Stewart could say no racing in 2020 at the big E. People would probably go nutz. But, I bet the place would be jammed to the rafters in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Gear Head

If you were the sole owner of Eldora facilities- what would you have done concerning the Dream ??
    The exact same thing Lincoln Speedway here in PA did yesterday...have the race as scheduled, make people sign a Covid waiver, and invite state representatives to speak on behalf of our freedoms. That makes the event a political assembly as well, which is protected under the Constitution. There would have been nothing they could do to stop the event from happening.

Thank You Sir for your answer!

I blame it all on the Democratic governor of Ohio!

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    I blame it all on the Democratic governor of Ohio!
    Do you also blame the republican governors that are not allowing fans and/or are limiting fans in their states? If you are not, then you should be.

I am an independent and I respect ALL of the governors decisions to do what is best for their states. With that being said, I think they should make decisions on a more regional basis. However, few (if any) are doing that.

Dewine, ohio Republican governor

We survived aids, people didn't stop having sex for it. If your a germaphobe stay home, the rest of folks go have fun it's summer time.

FYI: it's a virus not a disease. Love how folks use words to make things worse

Just move the dream to Knoxville for a year.....

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Do you also blame the republican governors that are not allowing fans and/or are limiting fans in their states? If you are not, then you should be.

I am an independent and I respect ALL of the governors decisions to do what is best for their states. With that being said, I think they should make decisions on a more regional basis. However, few (if any) are doing that.
    Actually l live in Ohio & Governor Dewine has done a great job dealing with this from the very beginning. As have many governors from both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    With that being said, I think they should make decisions on a more regional basis. However, few (if any) are doing that.
    FL did.....

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Just move the dream to Knoxville for a year.....
    Earl Baltes is rolling over in his grave at that comment.

Great job??? Wow you need to look around! State run nazi system to go after bars and restaurants. Threatening to shut people down or more. If he's been so good then why he sending people in to test folks in nursing home? If they ain't got it now then their fine isolated but let's break that isolation to test. Plain stupidity! He's also done so good that he won't release number recovered just number infected to keep people scared. Heck asphalt tracks opening in Ohio with fans but not dirt tracks. Sounds like a man with a plan and total control of situation. Shoot go to a bar where pool off limits but that state lottery machine is ok and usually side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Earl Baltes is rolling over in his grave at that comment.
    Well, there’s no dream being contested this year so by doing what I suggested (half heartedly) you’re not letting one of the biggest, most prestigious, and most lucrative races for drivers and fans fall victim to all this. That’s why I said for a year.....

It’s Earl’s race always, but Earl was for racers (and making money) you help no one by canceling.