FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 25, 2020

Weiss Dominates Jackson for Second WoO Win
Davenport, Iowa Doubleheader Up Next

HEADINGLEY, MANITOBA, Canada (05/25/20) – Just eight races after his elusive first career World of Outlaws (WoO) Morton Buildings Late Model Series win, Ricky Weiss picked up his second WoO victory on Friday night.

A dominating performance by Weiss in his Drydene Performance Products No. 7 J&C Properties/ G-Style Transport/ Team Zero Race Cars/ Vic Hill Race Engine Super Late Model earned him a $6,000 payday in the WoO Return to Racing at Minnesota’s Jackson Motorplex.

“I was just so excited to finally get going and race again,” said Weiss in a quiet victory lane since the event was run without fans due to local mass gathering restrictions. “I wanted to do it safely; the Outlaws took their time and did it right. This is a race I was looking forward to. We did really good at Knoxville and, well, this is a mini-Knoxville. It’s a wonderful facility and I was just praying the rain would hold off.”

Weiss came in second fastest overall in time trials behind Shannon Babb before picking up a 10-lap heat race victory. Drawing the second-starting position for the 30-lap A-Main, Weiss quickly overtook polesitter Brent Larson to jump to the lead at the drop of the green flag.

After a slew of cautions hampered the early running, the pace finally picked up. Racing on a lightning fast-surface, Weiss clocked a run of 15.379 seconds on the fifth lap, which was over a half-second faster than the overall quick time of the night. With that speed, Weiss had built a full-straightaway advantage by the next caution on lap five.

“These Bloomquist Race Cars are so strong on the bottom,” Weiss said. “You know 10 years back I was a high side guy through and through, but man this thing just turns so great down low.”

The reigning WoO Rookie of the Year survived one other restart with 12 laps remaining to cross the finish line 1.203 seconds over second-place, Brandon Sheppard. Babb, Chase Junghans, and Chris Madden completed the Top-5.

“Jason was keeping me calm with the signals there,” noted Weiss on those behind him. “We have great communication together and he’d signal me for when they’re coming, when I need to go, when I need to hold back. I really just can’t thank my guys enough.”

Saturday’s $20,000-to-win finale saw Ricky charge passed seven cars in his heat race to record a third-place finish. Improving seven spots in the 60-lap main event, Weiss reeled in a runner-up finish behind Ricky Thornton Jr. with Sheppard, Chad Simpson, and madden trailing them to the checkered flag.

Ricky remains second in the latest World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series point standings. For more results from these events and complete standings, please visit www.WoOLMS.com.

This weekend, May 29-30, Ricky is set to invade Davenport (Iowa) Speedway for the second round of the WoO Return to Racing. On Friday, the racing will take place on Davenport’s 1/4-mile bullring inside the infield, then Saturday on the outer 1/2-mile dirt oval. To learn more about this doubleheader, visit www.WoOLMS.com.

Ricky Weiss would like to thank his marketing partners and sponsors including Drydene Performance Products, J&C Properties, G-Style Transport, Turk Enterprises, Derrick's Sandblasting, Keewatin Truck Service, Kakela Farms, Collins Brothers Towing, Wiesner Trucking, Team Zero Race Cars, RDW Recycling, Straight Ahead Ventures Inc., JCJ Tools Inc., Rod Fehr Racing, Penske Racing Shocks, Hawkeye Construction, Forks Mobile Wash, Vic Hill Race Engines, Go Lithium Batteries, Aldon Auto Recycled Auto & Truck Parts, Innovative Auto & Diesel Performance, LG Transport,¬¬ FK Rod Ends, FastShafts, Beyea Custom Headers, Arizona Sport Shirts, VP Racing Fuels, Swift Springs, Allstar Performance, Hooker Harness, Peterson Fluid Systems, Winters Rear End, C&R Racing Radiators, QA1, Strange Oval, Quarter Master, KRC Racing Components, PFC Brakes, Hoosier Racing Tire, Wrisco Industries, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Performance Bodies, QuickCar Racing Products, Braswell Carburetion, DirtVision.com, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Kenny’s Components, Midwest Mobile Tech, Inc., DirtCarLift.com, Sweet Manufacturing, Butlerbuilt, ¬and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ricky Weiss please visit his website at www.WeissRacing7.com.