Searcy, Arkansas (05/26/20) – Tyler Stevens continued his hot hand early in 2020 season racing action on Saturday night in his Stallion Transportation Group No. 2 IRP OS1/ Level 1 Driving Academy/ W&W Timber Modified.

The Arkansas’ racer rolled into Legit Speedway Park (West Plains, Missouri) and came away with the $1,000 win in the opening round of the West Plains Recycling Scrappin 40’s.

With 47 entries on hand, Stevens began his night by blazing to a heat race win in his Stallion Transportation Group No. 2 Modified. Starting second in the 40-lap feature at the 3/8-mile oval, Tyler grabbed the lead at the drop of the green flag and fought off early-race advances from Jeff Taylor. As the event progressed Stevens lead started to expand, and he ultimately drove to the victory, which marked his third of the 2020 campaign.

“Man, this racecar was on a rail tonight. I had to change my groove there early in the race, and once I did, my car felt that much better,” Stevens said in Victory Lane. “I want to thank everybody who helps me on this car. I couldn’t be more excited about this season and what we can accomplish.”
Sawyer Crigler, Ken Schrader, Shawn Walsh and Ashton Wilkey completed the Top-5 finishers.

On Sunday evening the second-and-final round of the Scrappin 40’s was held with 35 Modifieds on hand. After drawing the seventh-starting position for his heat race, Tyler charged to a fourth-place finish, which left him just short of locking into the 40-lap finale. As a result, he had to run a B-Main, which he won in convincing fashion.

Later that night, Stevens started 13th on the feature grid for the $750-to-win finale before advancing eight spots to finish fifth.

For full results from the weekend, please visit www.LegitSpeedway.com .

The upcoming weekend – May 29-30 – has the team scheduled to head to the Lone Star state for a doubleheader at Heart O’ Texas Speedway (Elm Mott, Texas).

For more information on the weekend’s slate, please visit www.heartotexasspeedway.com .